What perks would you like to see added to C&A?

I won't be Diamond until after my March 2016 cruise - so a little bummed to read that the Diamond benefits may not be as good come next year. I am trying as hard as I can to reach Diamond... Truth is that any benefit is a nice thing. But I do so look forward to some of the really cool things like the 3 drink coupon. I don't care about the Diamond Lounge - but would love to see the coupons good for anytime during the day at any venue.

We did our first cruise in 2009 and loved it so I told DW we needed to get to diamond ASAP now we are going to lose our lounge *** what's next ??????. Prices have gone up not down for all our sailings and with every new ship that comes into bayonne it is more expensive to get a JS or above for less than $6500.00. What I would like is more reasonable rates with these ships holding more passengers.

Agree with all of these and how about expanding the bar selection in the DL. They don't have to include the real premium stuff but how about a spiced rum for a change and maybe some others.

Agree, we were on Explorer 2 weeks ago and for the first time (that I've noticed) besides the usual offerings in the DL they actually had a cocktail menu with Cosmo's, Lemon drops, Long island iced tea and Martini's amongst other things on it.

I am not a big alcohol drinker, though I do like my virgin frozen drinks, but I took my one of my sons, his wife, and two children on the Liberty this past summer. Two ultimate packages, and three royal replenish made a big dent in my cruise budget. They have all sailed before and a discount for each of them and for me would have helped a lot.

I don't drink, so I'd like some kind of discount or credit that could be used for drinks or internet or something else. Like a "choose your discount" or just automatic C&A OBC, amount varying with status, in addition to any other eligible OBC. It should be automatic, not lose-able, and not affect other OBC you might qualify for.

I won't be Diamond until after my March 2016 cruise - so a little bummed to read that the Diamond benefits may not be as good come next year. I am trying as hard as I can to reach Diamond... Truth is that any benefit is a nice thing. But I do so look forward to some of the really cool things like the 3 drink coupon. I don't care about the Diamond Lounge - but would love to see the coupons good for anytime during the day at any venue.

They have been talking D getting kicked out of the DL on CC for the last 2 years and things are still the same. So don't worry about it. On some ships D+ are allowed in the Cl to the Ds and not on others--wonder if the same will happen in the future

I would like to see:

- discount on drink packages

- discount on specialty dining (not just the 2 for 1 for D+ first night but a graduated % off based on level for every night eg. 10% for platinum, 15% for diamond, etc.)

- points awarded for onboard spending

- some free laundry

- some free non-alcoholic drinks during the day (eg. premium coffee or bottled water)

- to be able to completely combine C & A discounts with all other offers to the general public

To Sunset Glow -- you have put together a very nice list and well thought out.

I would like to add the following:

Free Internet minutes based on C&A Status to be used throughout the cruise: 30 minutes for Platinum, 45 minutes for Diamond, 60 minutes for D+, Entire cruise for PC. (Getting one day free of continual usage is worthless to many people). Offer a discount to those C&A members who feel they need to purchase more internet minutes again based on C&A level.

It does irritate me that I can't combine use my stockholder credit, because I have already received a C&A Balcony Discount.

We cruise because we love to cruise, and don't care about any perks.

We are not rich by any stretch, but cruising is something that totally relaxes us and really rejuvinates our minds.

If we are entitled to a perk that's great, but we're not taking cruises for that reason. Many people obviously want perks and some people get irate if they're not constantly provided with such and that is fine too, as everyone has different expectations.

We cruise because we love to cruise, and don't care about any perks.

We are not rich by any stretch, but cruising is something that totally relaxes us and really rejuvinates our minds.

If we are entitled to a perk that's great, but we're not taking cruises for that reason. Many people obviously want perks and some people get irate if they're not constantly provided with such and that is fine too, as everyone has different expectations.

I will not disagree with you -- we cruise because we LOVE to cruise. But loyalty programs are not new, and other lines have it. All lines tweak them and change them, and I am happy for the rewards/perks we get for the loyalty we have shown via the money we have spent showed by our repeated cruises.

But the question is a fun discussion....not anything more.

One thing that I forgot to mention, and it will not affect many, but we were just on the Navigator of the Seas, and, as an experiment, the NV and one other ship are no longer having a "Welcome Back party."

They are only doing a top tier event, which includes everyone except gold members. FWIW.

Rick

Free Internet minutes based on C&A Status to be used throughout the cruise: 30 minutes for Platinum, 45 minutes for Diamond, 60 minutes for D+, Entire cruise for PC.

Pinnacle Club Members, as of April of this year, do get unlimited complimentary internet for the duration of the cruise.:)

Pinnacle Club Members, as of April of this year, do get unlimited complimentary internet for the duration of the cruise.:)

It is good that they do give that to PC members. Nice to know....although I highly doubt I will get to the PC level.

Edited by Paulette3028

I would like to see matching status at all levels across Royal and Celebrity, and fully agree about discounts to drink packages, as many of us D or above no longer are enticed to purchase packages as we then give away our early evening drink benefit. I have been suggesting this for a few years now.

However just to stir the pot a bit, I also think that the C&A scheme needs to be reviewed completely. I think the Celebrity basis for gaining points is fairer to those that spend more on their cabin grade. But also feel as if the airline approach of removing points from those that do not remain loyal and do not cruise over say a 2 year time period, could be applied. This would help to keep the number of D and above under some control. After all it is a loyalty scheme and therefore should benefit those that continue to show loyalty to the brand, opposed to some that hit D and then dissapear to other cruise lines with the knowledge that their status is sucure :eek:

Earning CA points based on how much you spend for your cabin.

I hated the old way when I would sail a week and the folks that had time would sail a b2b of 3-4 nights and get credit for two sailings, so I like that now its how many days at sea but if those that are paying, for instance, for GS get double points shouldnt the person that spends money on a one week cruise and purchases four balcony rooms and a PR room get more than just credit for a 7 day sailing?

Yes, the drink package discount would be nice too.

Give an "across the board" compementary OBC (applies to ALL purchases through RCI - cruise, air2sea, insurance, gratuties, food and drink packages, $pecialty re$taurant$, shorex, photos, etc.).

1% - Gold

2% - Platinum

3% - Emerald

4% - Diamond

5% - Diamond Plus

6% - Pinnacle

In addition to earning 1 point per sailing night (double points for a suite), give double points for a single supplement;

1 point for every $300 in onboard charges (minus comped OBC).;

1 point for a B2B.

1 point for every 7 night cruise a new referral. 2 points if they book a suite. i.e. - you refer another couple, and they complete a 14 day cruise - you get 4 points (8, if they booked a suite)

So, you and your spouse/partner book a suite, on an 7-day, with a B2B 7-day. You're both already Emerald. Your on-board purchases total $1803.40 for the first segment and $2272.67 for the second. You also referred another couple, who join you for the second segment and bring their two kidlets along. They're booked into an ocean view quad.

End of first segment, you each earn:

14 points (7-day suite)

5 points ($1803.40 - 3% emerald discount = $1749.30/$300 = 5.83 points, rounded down to 5 points)

End of second segment, you earn:

1 point (B2B bonus);

14 points (7-day suite)

7 points ($2272.67 - 3% emerald discount = $2204.49/$300 = 7.34 points, rounded down to 7 points)

2 points - referral of two people who completed a 7-day (3rd/4th in a cabin don't count)

Total = 43 points each.

Edited by Calgon1