What perks would you like to see added to C&A?

Thanks.. Guess I should pay more attention to those lovely black booklets RC keeps sending us.. The wax paper doesn't burn very well. Thanks Bob good news!

Keep in mind that most if not all of the new suite benefits only apply to oasis and quantum ships

Is this right. I thought that the same tier level is assigned to children that live in the parent's household. My son was beyond 18 and was elevated to D, upon request.

Then that was a mistake. I've read here about children being "demoted" when it was discovered that they had been linked beyond their 18th birthday.

My son was demoted but my daughter wasn't. He actually sailed as a Diamond with his soon to be wife. After they got married, she called C&A to elevate her status to his and they demoted him right over the phone. Go figure. I told him he should call back and send them a copy of his Diamond Seapass but as many parents know all to well, you can lead horse to water...

My son was demoted but my daughter wasn't. He actually sailed as a Diamond with his soon to be wife. After they got married, she called C&A to elevate her status to his and they demoted him right over the phone. Go figure. I told him he should call back and send them a copy of his Diamond Seapass but as many parents know all to well, you can lead horse to water...

I've read that they usually find the mistake when the child cruises, so your daughter may still get caught.

I've read that they usually find the mistake when the child cruises, so your daughter may still get caught.

She also sailed once as a Diamond with her soon to be. It will be interesting to see. She's not sailing again until her kids get a little older in about four or five years.

I just completed a cruise and met a very nice woman who is a travel agent. She shared with me that travel agents have already been told that in March there will be some changes to the CAS program. She had no additional information about the changes, just that changes were coming. Time will tell exactly what that means.

I was also told by a Loyalty Ambassador when I made my Oasis booking some two years ago that a new level was in the offing between D+ & Pinnacle. Guess what--nada!

I just completed a cruise and met a very nice woman who is a travel agent. She shared with me that travel agents have already been told that in March there will be some changes to the CAS program. She had no additional information about the changes, just that changes were coming. Time will tell exactly what that means.
I was told the same thing. (I cannot name the source) But the changes are improvements in the program not cuts.

I was told the same thing. (I cannot name the source) But the changes are improvements in the program not cuts.

If you can't name the source, how do you show credibility? Just curious. How about a hint. ;)

Edited by John&LaLa

If you can't name the source, how do you show credibility? Just curious. How about a hint. ;)

My source, who I also can't name, told me straight up point blank that they're adding a new tier to C&A that is beyond Pinnacle at 4000 points called "Crew" class.

You not only get an 8 month long cruise, but it's better than free: they pay you to take the cruise.

You also get daily tours of crew berthing, crew bar, and all the behind-the-scenes events that run the ship, and you get a special room that sleeps 4!

Edited by dada2199cc

I was also told by a Loyalty Ambassador when I made my Oasis booking some two years ago that a new level was in the offing between D+ & Pinnacle. Guess what--nada!

The woman that I met did not say a 'new level' was being added, simply that changes were going to be coming in March 2016. It was not my intention to imply that either.

I don't really have any issues with the C&A benefits except the internet, but a lot of ships still give you unlimited even though that is not what it says. We are D+ and when we were on Brilliance 3 weeks ago the GS girl told me just to go and get what I wanted and she would take it off our bill which she did. So even though I don't use the internet hardly at all on a cruise, it was unlimited.

We know we probably will NEVER make Pinnacle. So now we shop around b/t Royal/Princess/Celebrity and are doing our first NCL in Jan. WHY??? Because we got a bev pkg included. That is HUGE!!! Wish Royal would get with the program and offer that. You don't have to drink a ton to get the benefits of having the pkg. But when I can basically pay the same amount on another cruise line AND get the included pkg it is a no brainer!

We are doing Celebrity Summit again in April 2017 soley b/c of the pkg. Price was EXACTLY the same as Adventure when we booked, yet Summit had the pkg. So that is a $800 swing. Still goes to all the ports we love

So my wish is the same as the OP originally posted. Come On Royal, offer us C&A guys a discount on the bev pkg. Would make a HUGE difference on who I book with moving forward.

BTW - we get the same status perks on Celebrity and Princess so that part is a non issue in deciding who to cruise with.