What perks would you like to see added to C&A?

Love the perks, but, that does not make us select a cruise or itinerary.

We cruise because we love it, and we travel the suite life right now because we can only cruise once a year due to family and work commitments.

Yes we are newly diamond, and will enjoy the diamond lounge as well as the suite lounge.

As far as new perks if they give them I will enjoy them depending on what they are, but, just hope they don't skimp or reduce current benefits.

Just saying.

Sea Ya

We cruise because we love to cruise, and don't care about any perks.

We are not rich by any stretch, but cruising is something that totally relaxes us and really rejuvinates our minds.

If we are entitled to a perk that's great, but we're not taking cruises for that reason. Many people obviously want perks and some people get irate if they're not constantly provided with such and that is fine too, as everyone has different expectations.

I too cruise because I love it, but a loyalty program is part of what keeps me cruising the same brand every time. Without it, I wouldn't be irate for not getting perks and I wouldn't stop cruising, but I would have tried more cruise lines by now. If loyalty doesn't come with some perks that benefit me, why wouldn't I try another brand at least once, to see what they offer? If that is what Royal (or any other cruise line) is trying to avoid by having a loyalty program (and it is), it's worth having a conversation about what people would like to see in a loyalty program (even if no one at Royal ever reads this post, it's just a fun discussion).

Give an "across the board" compementary OBC (applies to ALL purchases through RCI - cruise, air2sea, insurance, gratuties, food and drink packages, $pecialty re$taurant$, shorex, photos, etc.).

1% - Gold

2% - Platinum

3% - Emerald

4% - Diamond

5% - Diamond Plus

6% - Pinnacle

In addition to earning 1 point per sailing night (double points for a suite), give double points for a single supplement;

1 point for every $300 in onboard charges (minus comped OBC).;

1 point for a B2B.

1 point for every 7 night cruise a new referral. 2 points if they book a suite. i.e. - you refer another couple, and they complete a 14 day cruise - you get 4 points (8, if they booked a suite)

So, you and your spouse/partner book a suite, on an 7-day, with a B2B 7-day. You're both already Emerald. Your on-board purchases total $1803.40 for the first segment and $2272.67 for the second. You also referred another couple, who join you for the second segment and bring their two kidlets along. They're booked into an ocean view quad.

End of first segment, you each earn:

14 points (7-day suite)

5 points ($1803.40 - 3% emerald discount = $1749.30/$300 = 5.83 points, rounded down to 5 points)

End of second segment, you earn:

1 point (B2B bonus);

14 points (7-day suite)

7 points ($2272.67 - 3% emerald discount = $2204.49/$300 = 7.34 points, rounded down to 7 points)

2 points - referral of two people who completed a 7-day (3rd/4th in a cabin don't count)

Total = 43 points each.

From a realistic personal POV (mine) your example is outrageous. Our onboard purchases don't come anywhere near $1800 for a 7 day cruise....we are not drinkers, so no drink package purchased. The one specialty dinner we have doesn't cost more than $75. Even adding in tips, it just doesn't add up to close to that number.

When you bring up 'earning an OBC' based on your current status with the percentage increasing as you climb the CAS status tree, would that OBC being earned be for a future cruise?

I speak highly of the enjoyment we get from our Royal cruises and suggest people go on them....but giving me points for referrals -- not realistic, in my view.

I too cruise because I love it, but a loyalty program is part of what keeps me cruising the same brand every time. Without it, I wouldn't be irate for not getting perks and I wouldn't stop cruising, but I would have tried more cruise lines by now. If loyalty doesn't come with some perks that benefit me, why wouldn't I try another brand at least once, to see what they offer? If that is what Royal (or any other cruise line) is trying to avoid by having a loyalty program (and it is), it's worth having a conversation about what people would like to see in a loyalty program (even if no one at Royal ever reads this post, it's just a fun discussion).

It does amaze me, when people get irate about changes in the CAS program. Not saying YOU....please understand, but others. I agree with you that I cruise because I love it, and so far Royal has not disappointed me, so I have had no reason to look elsewhere for a cruise. We will try others in time, we have our sights set on a Celebrity cruise (I realize it is the same parent company), but actually are concerned that we may be bored on it....but it does do some itineraries that we may have to go on with Celebrity. All in time!

And the discussion, is definitely fun!

• 3 weeks later...

Official Announcement from the Crown & Anchor Team:

Hello Crown & Anchor Society members! We know that there has been conversation surrounding possible changes to our Crown & Anchor program. At this time we have no plans to make changes to the current structure of the program. We value your loyalty to Royal Caribbean and hope to see you soon onboard one of our ships in the near future.

Hello Crown & Anchor Society members! We know that there has been conversation surrounding possible changes to our Crown & Anchor program. At this time we have no plans to make changes to the current structure of the program. We value your loyalty to Royal Caribbean and hope to see you soon onboard one of our ships in the near future.

I'm currently D but have already reserved enough cruises to reach D+ by early 2017.

I have reason to believe that this rumor that D will lose their lounge is without basis and I've noticed in this forum that those constantly bringing it up are D+ and up members.

My take is those who have started or continuously pushing for this completely missed the fact that RCCL is now a global cruise line and brand and no longer an exclusive US and Europe cruise line.

While it may be true that there are already too many D and up members in the US and Europe markets, hence the overcrowded lounges especially in transatlantic sailings, this is not true for the 2 fastest growing cruises markets for RCCL where it is now the leading cruise line: Asia and Australia.

For Asia, where most revenues came from the mainland Chinese market that can usually charter an entire ship, where the cruise prices are higher on the average due to demand and is overtaking Europe soon, there are way too few Diamonds.. my last sailing with Voyager, the ship had 3,000 guests but we are only 12 Diamonds in that sailing... so the lounge is practically empty most of the time.

For Australia, who is having the biggest cruise season this year where RCCL leads but many companies like NCL are now sending ships..the Diamond members are just right without crowding out the lounge.. in my last Legend cruise where the crowd is mostly Aussies, we have around 80 Diamonds on board. While the D lounge being small in Legend, it did got crowded for a short time only at times but we actually managed without overflowing to the adjacent lounge.

So next time whoever wants to bring up this rumor again, kindly look at number of Diamonds at the entire global market level, as US and Europe where there are so many D's are not the only markets being served by RCCL.

Edited by roquejo

The announcement from C&A seems to state no change to the STRUCTURE. I take this to mean no change in number of points needed to reach a certain level and no new level between D+ and Pinnacle. It doesn't say there won't be a change in BENEFITS within the existing structure.

• 2 weeks later...

D+ with 350 or more nights, booking a junior suite, full suite benefits.

I would be more inclined to pay for a junior suite if this was an option. Or least we were given full-MDR room service menus.

Edited by cruisevv

With RC slowly changing the CL's to SL's, the DL's are going to get very crowded anyway. RC is going to have to address this one down the road.

The only reason they're so crowded is because RC allows multi-generational families to claim the perks. When you've got grandparents, with their children, and their children's children as D+ members all in the lounges you have that problem.

I don't think anyone's going to like the solution when it comes. Delta had the same issue with the Delta Sky Club lounges. About a year ago they decided that all partners and children no longer get free access to the lounges ($20 surcharge instituted). The lounges are peaceful and quiet now but the families are fuming.

The only reason they're so crowded is because RC allows multi-generational families to claim the perks. When you've got grandparents, with their children, and their children's children as D+ members all in the lounges you have that problem.

I don't think anyone's going to like the solution when it comes. Delta had the same issue with the Delta Sky Club lounges. About a year ago they decided that all partners and children no longer get free access to the lounges ($20 surcharge instituted). The lounges are peaceful and quiet now but the families are fuming.

It's my understanding that once a child reaches 18, his or her status is based on the actual number of nights sailed. So if you are seeing multi-generational families in the CL, only the children's children may not have (though some have) earned their status through the normal channels.

It's my understanding that once a child reaches 18, his or her status is based on the actual number of nights sailed.....

Your understanding is incorrect. Once a child reaches 18, they are no longer linked to the parent(s), but they keep the C&A level that the parents had on the child's 18th birthday.

Edited by clarea

I think the only logical addition to the benefits is a discounted drink package. Discount by $15 per day based on the three drinks that are currently added (allowing $5 per drink as the current offering is limited). Suite guests should be offered same.

It would further reduce crowding in the lounges and would sell more drink packages. I believe it would be a win for RCCL and the customers.

Oh yea, and free cruises. One free 7 day cruise for each paid day sailed. :)

I think the only logical addition to the benefits is a discounted drink package. Discount by $15 per day based on the three drinks that are currently added (allowing $5 per drink as the current offering is limited). Suite guests should be offered same....

I think this is a good idea, except I'd be more realistic about the price per drink and allocate at least $10 per drink.

If you would have asked someone from Celebrity a few months before their change 2 years ago, you would have gotten the same answer. The main issue will be how they handle the eventual transition (hopefully better than Celebrity did), not that one is coming.

Biker, who still thinks that an amount spent rewards system (like all the airlines already have, and Celebrity sort of has) can't be far away.

I think the only logical addition to the benefits is a discounted drink package. Discount by $15 per day based on the three drinks that are currently added (allowing $5 per drink as the current offering is limited). Suite guests should be offered same.

It would further reduce crowding in the lounges and would sell more drink packages. I believe it would be a win for RCCL and the customers.

Oh yea, and free cruises. One free 7 day cruise for each paid day sailed. :)

For the amount of money we have paid for some suites the package should be included.

I just completed a cruise and met a very nice woman who is a travel agent. She shared with me that travel agents have already been told that in March there will be some changes to the CAS program. She had no additional information about the changes, just that changes were coming. Time will tell exactly what that means.

Your understanding is incorrect. Once a child reaches 18, they are no longer linked to the parent(s), but they keep the C&A level that the parents had on the child's 18th birthday.

Is this right. I thought that the same tier level is assigned to children that live in the parent's household. My son was beyond 18 and was elevated to D, upon request.

Is this right. I thought that the same tier level is assigned to children that live in the parent's household. My son was beyond 18 and was elevated to D, upon request.

Then that was a mistake. I've read here about children being "demoted" when it was discovered that they had been linked beyond their 18th birthday.

For the amount of money we have paid for some suites the package should be included.

Would be nice, but people continue to purchase suites without this benefit.

As others mentioned, The higher end suites will include it, but those appear to be priced through the roof.

I would like more discount, but $15 discount would be 27% on the $55 package. Let's assume the 'drinking day' is 12 hours. 3 hours of lounge time is 25% of the drinking day.

We can also assume some number of suite guests now buy the package anyway.

I would like more, but $15/day would likely get me to purchase the drink package.

She shared with me that travel agents have already been told that in March there will be some changes to the CAS program. She had no additional information about the changes, just that changes were coming.

The threads about Dynamic Dining coming to the Oasis class will seem very tame compared to when this happens.

Biker, who would guess that the system used by Celebrity would be the most obvious way forward.

Starting Spring 2016, the "Star" class suites get the Ultimate Beverage Package at no extra cost.

Thanks.. Guess I should pay more attention to those lovely black booklets RC keeps sending us.. The wax paper doesn't burn very well. Thanks Bob good news!