What perks would you like to see added to C&A?

The possibility to bring my children to the DL at night. Both kids are D+ on their own account but we can't go in for snacks at night.

Up until the newer ships we could revert to the CL. But now they are making it SL. So no D+... It's not the drinks, we can get them in any bar. The kids love the snacks at night.

The possibility to bring my children to the DL at night. Both kids are D+ on their own account but we can't go in for snacks at night.

Up until the newer ships we could revert to the CL. But now they are making it SL. So no D+... It's not the drinks, we can get them in any bar. The kids love the snacks at night.

Not really the case anymore...the last few RCI ships we've sailed our toddler grandchild was admitted during the cocktail hours into the DL (and he wasn't the only toddler of status in the lounge...yes they all love the snacks)...just off the Radiance and they have that wonderful overflow area of the Starquest Lounge that we sat in so as not to disturb any of the other C&A members.....The letter some Concierge's are now giving only states that children must be accompanied by an adult ...So it seems the policy may be changing and becoming more like that of the CL.. We are D+ but opted to use the DL (better views and larger) since family was only D members (including our 19 month old GS)...Next cruise the entire family will be D+ including toddler but I still think we prefer the DL.

Your children as D+ members should have no problem going into the CL and check next cruise they will probably be able to go into the DL as well.

Edited by Ashland

Ditto for a discount on the drink packages!

One of the main reasons I elected not to buy a packaged last cruise because of the 3 free drinks and I didn't really need to be driking extra throughout during the day. Had there been a discount on the package I probably would have bought it and that's more $$ in RCI's pocket and I wouldnt have to worry only getting my drinks between 5:00 -8:30. Sound like a win-win!

Any time of the day use for the three free drinks.

I agree. Last week on Indy neither of us got to use one of our three free drinks of the day through the entire cruise. By the time we were able to get our "free drink" the time limitation had passed by. It isn't high up our priority list, but even to get a can of pop would be nice.

It would be nice if they added small bottles of water to the available drinks, still or sparkling.

I agree. Last week on Indy neither of us got to use one of our three free drinks of the day through the entire cruise. By the time we were able to get our "free drink" the time limitation had passed by. It isn't high up our priority list, but even to get a can of pop would be nice.

It would be nice if they added small bottles of water to the available drinks, still or sparkling.

Agree...it would be nice to be able to use the free drinks to get a soda during the day...especially in the WJ etc. at lunch.

I would like to see as a D+ member (who only stays in JS's) being able to eat breakfast in the specialty venues when they are available (example Radiance) the WJ is becoming so crowded.

It can't happen on Radiance class since the WJ on Radiance class is on Deck 11 and The Specialty Venues (Chops & Giovanni's) are on Deck 6. They are already using Rita's, which is off the WJ, as a dining area for breakfast.

Any time of the day use for the three free drinks.

While that sounds like a good idea it would actually defeat the purpose of having the three drinks on the card. The concept was created to reduce the crowding in the lounges. If they instituted your idea those people who used their three drinks at other times might be back in the lounges in the evening. There are an awful lot of people who drink more than three drinks a day. Just look at the number of drink packages being sold.

I would like to see more benefits that I care about in general. While I appreciate the priority check-in, I don't care AT ALL about exclusive parties, separate lounges, a pin, or recognition. I care about discounts (or credits) and not having to wait as long in line for things. I would like to see an oceanview discount option, since I can't take advantage of the balcony discount when my kids come with me.

For my summer 2016 cruise, I made the mistake of booking through the RCCL website (because I prefer to book directly, just makes me more comfortable), inputting my C&A and Florida residency, and getting no benefits at all for that booking, whereas my aunt was smarter and booked through Orbitz and got $100 OBC from Orbitz. While I understand her OBC is being paid by Orbitz and not RCCL, some standard OBC for C&A would be nice, AND not having the OBC removed if you take advantage of a later price drop. :mad:

I've been debating whether to try Norwegian or Celebrity sometime, and I'd be less tempted if I felt like I was getting something out of C&A.

Not really the case anymore...the last few RCI ships we've sailed our toddler grandchild was admitted during the cocktail hours into the DL (and he wasn't the only toddler of status in the lounge...yes they all love the snacks)...just off the Radiance and they have that wonderful overflow area of the Starquest Lounge that we sat in so as not to disturb any of the other C&A members.....The letter some Concierge's are now giving only states that children must be accompanied by an adult ...So it seems the policy may be changing and becoming more like that of the CL.. We are D+ but opted to use the DL (better views and larger) since family was only D members (including our 19 month old GS)...Next cruise the entire family will be D+ including toddler but I still think we prefer the DL.

Your children as D+ members should have no problem going into the CL and check next cruise they will probably be able to go into the DL as well.

Mixed results for us on this one. In 2014, FOS in August, our grandson (2 at the time) was allowed in the DL at night, as were other children.Had at least 2, sometimes 5 adults with him. Fast forward to August 2015, FOS, no such luck. Had to sit outside the lounge in Olive & Twist. While Bertie and the bartenders occasionally checked on us, it was more up to us to go inside and refill.....

mac_tlc

It would be nice to get a discount on all cruises.

On the next 3 cruises we have booked, we are paying the same price as first time cruisers. There is no discount for C&A, for age 55+, military, or Florida residency. The discount of BOGO applies equally to everyone.

I'm happy with BOGO, but you did ask. ;-)

I appreciate the benefit of having vouchers, but I would love to see it changed to be that you could order any drink up to a specified $ amount, and maybe pay the difference if you want something with a higher price. We prefer Manhattans or Cosmopolitans, and haven't been able to consistently get them outside of the lounge.

It can't happen on Radiance class since the WJ on Radiance class is on Deck 11 and The Specialty Venues (Chops & Giovanni's) are on Deck 6. They are already using Rita's, which is off the WJ, as a dining area for breakfast.

Oops...gave the wrong example :o...Please forgive the senior moment in combination with the "Dry Brain Syndrome" due to the severe drought here on the west coast :eek:

D+ with 350 or more nights, booking a junior suite, full suite benefits.

And if you are in the same room with a PC member, no matter the room, with 350+ nights, same access

More Internet minutes for 350+ nights to be used over the course of the cruise.

Frozen cocktails in the CL and DL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are some great ideas being presented here. I would hope that Royal Caribbean would listen, but I understand that there will be some more erosion in the perks, come sometime in 2016.

Rumor has it that the Diamond members will be losing their lounge, hence the 3 drinks being loaded on their card. The Diamond lounge will become the D+ lounge, and the CL will be for suites and PC members only. This is to adjust for the overflow as D+ membership grows, as well as PC membership.

I understand that there will be some new perks coming out for suite guests, sometime in 2016, but that covers just a very small portion of the number of guests on any given ship.

Patti and others (we included) have had the time and money to reach Pinnacle status, and there is a very large number of days at sea between D+ and Pinnacle Club.

The same holds true for Celebrity members, the difference between Elite+ and Zenith, with only a few making that mark. I don't think that there will be another level between D+ and PC.

Royal Caribbean has, IMHO the best loyalty program of any one of the cruise lines, and there are some that no longer want to sail with them because of escalating pricing and declining perks and service.

I would like to see Royal Caribbean return to being able to pile stockholder discounts on top of veteran discounts, on top of C & A status discounts, on top of State discounts, when given. Princess does this, and it's appreciated!

I believe that Royal Caribbean believes that once someone has reached D+ status, they have them hooked, so why give anything more away. Today, their ships sail full, but what will the future bring?

I know a number of the PC members, and some don't care of the increase of costs and continue to climb the loyalty ladder. Others are getting concerned of the new pricing.

Great thread, I hope that someone in the home office is listening!

Rick

Agree with all of these and how about expanding the bar selection in the DL. They don't have to include the real premium stuff but how about a spiced rum for a change and maybe some others.

I'd just like to see a rye whiskey (Crown Royal, Canadian Club, heck even Seagrams 7!). Please!!!

There are some great ideas being presented here. I would hope that Royal Caribbean would listen, but I understand that there will be some more erosion in the perks, come sometime in 2016.

Rumor has it that the Diamond members will be losing their lounge, hence the 3 drinks being loaded on their card. The Diamond lounge will become the D+ lounge, and the CL will be for suites and PC members only. This is to adjust for the overflow as D+ membership grows, as well as PC membership.

I understand that there will be some new perks coming out for suite guests, sometime in 2016, but that covers just a very small portion of the number of guests on any given ship.

Patti and others (we included) have had the time and money to reach Pinnacle status, and there is a very large number of days at sea between D+ and Pinnacle Club.

The same holds true for Celebrity members, the difference between Elite+ and Zenith, with only a few making that mark. I don't think that there will be another level between D+ and PC.

Royal Caribbean has, IMHO the best loyalty program of any one of the cruise lines, and there are some that no longer want to sail with them because of escalating pricing and declining perks and service.

I would like to see Royal Caribbean return to being able to pile stockholder discounts on top of veteran discounts, on top of C & A status discounts, on top of State discounts, when given. Princess does this, and it's appreciated!

I believe that Royal Caribbean believes that once someone has reached D+ status, they have them hooked, so why give anything more away. Today, their ships sail full, but what will the future bring?

I know a number of the PC members, and some don't care of the increase of costs and continue to climb the loyalty ladder. Others are getting concerned of the new pricing.

Great thread, I hope that someone in the home office is listening!

Rick

Really like the one about using the stockholder benefits with other discounts! Never seem to be able to use that benefit anymore.