3 kids in a promenade view stateroom- Oasis Class

I'm looking at booking Harmony in 2017 and putting my husband and I in a hump balcony with the 3 kids in a promenade stateroom across the hall. At the time of our sailing they will be 7, 9, and 11. I'm looking for any input from someone who has stayed in these staterooms. How is space? Did your kids enjoy people watching? I'm worried that they might see it as a step down from the adjoining balcony they will have on their first cruise, but we are looking to save money on this sailing. Thanks!

ya know what, when the kids are paying for the cruise THEY can have a say in the accommodations they get.

until then, Mom and her checkbook is the Order of the Day. so what if they think it's a step down? who says they are entitled to only balconies with ocean views all the time?

I kinda like the promenades. and all I have even been in are the non balcony ones.

Not talking from personal experience (yet) but we booked a promenade room for our family - 2 adults and 2 kids. We didn't want to pay the extra on an ocean on boardwalk/central park view, and thought it would be lots of fun for them to be able to people watch. I like the extra sit by the bay window. The room is even a touch larger than other non-suite rooms.

I'm looking at booking Harmony in 2017 and putting my husband and I in a hump balcony with the 3 kids in a promenade stateroom across the hall. At the time of our sailing they will be 7, 9, and 11. I'm looking for any input from someone who has stayed in these staterooms. How is space? Did your kids enjoy people watching? I'm worried that they might see it as a step down from the adjoining balcony they will have on their first cruise, but we are looking to save money on this sailing. Thanks!

Your family, your choice. But I would put 3 kids who are 7, 9 & 11 in a cabin with an adjoining door, NOT across the hall. JMO, of course.

Would they really sleep in a room by themselves accross the hall? I have an 8 and 10 yo and there is no way the 8yo would do that! I'm guessing the 11yo wouldn't be comfortable with that either once it came down to turning off the lights and closing the door. Just seems like they may still be a bit too young for that still. IMHO

Assuming they are ok with it (kuddos to them) and you are too, I would absolutely put them in a Promenade room vs. a balcony that didn't have an open adjoining door.

We found the joy of having 2 adjoining rooms vs. cramming us all in 1...so that is what we do always now. When we were on Oasis a couple of months ago there were not a lot of options available when we booked so we took 2 adjoining Centra Park View (no balcony) and the kids really enjoyed it.

We are doing adjoining balcony cabins on our cruise this December. No, I don't think they will have an issue sleeping across the hall, especially by next year. Room keys will allow for as much access to each other's room as adjoining. They sleep in each other's room at home quite often and will be fine as long as they are all together. However, I respect that you may prefer a different arrangement for your family.

Our kids have been getting their own cabin since they were 9 and 11, right after we packed 4 of us in an inside on the Majesty for 4 days and said that's it we are now getting 2 rooms. Never yet have we had a connecting room. Sometimes a balcony side by side and sometimes an inside across the hall. They didn't care. They were happy to have their own room and space to chill. IMO they will love the promenade room.

My kids really enjoyed the Promenade staterooms. Aside from people watching, they have a prime vantage point to see all of the parades without being smushed in with everyone else.

Can I ask if the view is better from your own cabin? Or is it better to be close up and there with the action? (I also wonder how pictures will work if taking through the window)

Can I ask if the view is better from your own cabin? Or is it better to be close up and there with the action? (I also wonder how pictures will work if taking through the window)

I took TONS of pics and they turned out great!! We were on deck 6 which is the lowest promenade deck and since many of the characters in the parade were oversized, we were eye level with some really cool floats/characters.

I tried to see a parade from ground level and did not enjoy it at all. Now I never go to the parades at all if I'm not in a promenade room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took TONS of pics and they turned out great!! We were on deck 6 which is the lowest promenade deck and since many of the characters in the parade were oversized, we were eye level with some really cool floats/characters.

I tried to see a parade from ground level and did not enjoy it at all. Now I never go to the parades at all if I'm not in a promenade room.

Can you share one, just curious

From my perspective, I wouldn't won't 3 kids next to me while the parents are across the hall. Even though they may be good kids, the temptation to be noisy is a good possibility. I think parents should have connecting rooms with their kids.

I've had *much* more noise from drunken / inconsiderate adult neighbors than I ever have from kids.

:rolleyes:

Thanks so much for the feedback. We're on deck 7, but probably not too much difference from deck 6. Guess we'll get an idea when we look out the window and then decide. At least no one is in your way...especially with younger kids wanting to see.