Tuscan Grilli price increase

mick70

Just read that the price ti dine in the Gilli will be ging up $10.00 and no discount for pre ordering.

where did you read this?

We have seen menus that now offer for fee upgraded steaks, but not a price increase overall.

Currently Tuscan is $45 cover charge on all ships with it to my knowledge, and no one on Infinity has noted a price increase since it opened there.

I just checked Cruise Planner for my Nov 28 Connie, and Tuscan is still $45.

Though I do note that my future cruises are not presenting an option to book Tuscan at all, while still showing other restaurants.

I have been maintaining a price list of Cruise Planner things, and will update if needed. Most interesting is that 3 dinner packages prices vary from ship to ship...

Cruise Planner.pdf

Edited by cle-guy

I think the CC news story is reflecting the price increase a few months ago, not that they are raising it again. It said the price increase has already been rolled out to all of the ships. I doubt people would be willing to pay $55 to eat there. Maybe the discounting of pre ordering is really the news piece to the story.

Article doesn't make sense. It says prices have already increased, and no discount for pre-booking yet I can still pre-book for $45 on my novegebr cruise.

Just typical Celebrity efficiency. I am sure Cruise Critic is reporting what they were told by Celebrity.

Unfortunately all of their specialty restaurants are priced way to high at current prices. We spent $100 for 2 at Tuscan counting tip on our recent Reflection cruise and it was so not worth it. I know on our next non-X cruise the specialties are $10, $20 and $29 and as good or better than X.

Unfortunately all of their specialty restaurants are priced way to high at current prices. We spent $100 for 2 at Tuscan counting tip on our recent Reflection cruise and it was so not worth it. I know on our next non-X cruise the specialties are $10, $20 and $29 and as good or better than X.

Good news, the $45 includes tip so no need to tip extra! You can save that $10 by not tipping extra.

If the change was made in June, then why is a brand new stickey thread

posted today at the top of this forum saying there is a "new price increase"?:rolleyes::eek::confused:

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for posting here. You're right; the story was reflecting the changes the line made in June, and it caused more confusion than clarity, so we've removed it. We really appreciate your input.

Kind regards,

Colleen

Just returned from Med cruise . The 1st day on the ship they offered the specialty restaurants at a discounted $30pp. Later in the cruise we paid $45 for the 2 of us. Tuscan Grill was great but Ocean Liners was disappointing. We've dined in both many times on prior cruises & Ocean Liners has seemed to decline.

Edited by dabear

Just returned from Med cruise . The 1st day on the ship they offered the specialty restaurants at a discounted $30pp. Later in the cruise we paid $45 for the 2 of us. Tuscan Grill was great but Ocean Liners was disappointing. We've dined in both many times on prior cruises & Ocean Liners has seemed to decline.

2 for the price of 1 sounds just about right....and likely it will show up on many cruises as they try to make the restaurant financial targets.

Was that the old or new menu in Tuscan?

Good news, the $45 includes tip so no need to tip extra! You can save that $10 by not tipping extra.

There was never the need to tip and it was always a personal preference. Although they now might say that the price includes a tip, one suspects there will still be a place on the check to add extra tips. We do really enjoy Celebrity (will soon be on another cruise) but do not see the Tuscan worth $45 and would not even consider paying more then $25 for that venue. Fortunately, the food in Blu is good enough to keep us happy cruisers.

Hank

You actually paid more than that. When you paid for your cruise, the price of your cruise included dinner every night in the MDR. Since you did not go to the MDR that night you lost the value of that dinner. Let's say $20 pp. That now makes the dinner $140.00 for two.