"To Go" Food on Oasis?

Would we be able to get food from some of the venues (Park Cafe, for one) to go, so we could take it to eat on our balcony in the stateroom? I know it's probably not an option somewhere like the MDR or Windjammer, but it might be nice to enjoy a salad or one of the roast beef sandwiches I keep hearing about from our room.

Would we be able to get food from some of the venues (Park Cafe, for one) to go, so we could take it to eat on our balcony in the stateroom? I know it's probably not an option somewhere like the MDR or Windjammer, but it might be nice to enjoy a salad or one of the roast beef sandwiches I keep hearing about from our room.

It's absolutely an option at Windjammer as well as venues like the Solarium (for breakfast or lunch anyway), Cafe Promenade, Sorrento's, and the Boardwalk Dog House.

Plus free room service don't forget.

if by 'to go' you mean schlepping it wherever you want, sure. just not in any sort of container with a locking lid.

this includes WJ. at best in the MDR they MIGHT let you bring dessert out.

if by 'to go' you mean schlepping it wherever you want, sure. just not in any sort of container with a locking lid.

All you have to do is ask one of the servers and they will give you a "plate cover".... like those used from room service...much better than having people stare at your plate of food choices in the elevators ;)

We have also seen people keeping/using their room service tray for carry back food to their cabin.

You can take an entree out as well, just ask your waiters

You can take an entree out as well, just ask your waiters

You can take your entire MDR dinner selection to go...we saw an elderly couple doing this several times when one of them wasn't up to coming to the dining room...a very nice tray was made up for them to take back to the cabin for their loved one.

You can take your entire MDR dinner selection to go...we saw an elderly couple doing this several times when one of them wasn't up to coming to the dining room...a very nice tray was made up for them to take back to the cabin for their loved one.

Sure, but at some point it becomes to cumbersome to manage without a cart.

Two apps, salad, soup, entree (or 2 ;)), two desserts, coffee.

Sure, but at some point it becomes to cumbersome to manage without a cart.

Two apps, salad, soup, entree (or 2 ;)), two desserts, coffee.

The elderly gentleman was eating with the rest of his family and then taking a tray back to his wife....But I have no doubt RCI would have accommodated him (or any other diner) regardless...We've sailed exclusively with RCI for many years and have been amazed at the lengths they will go to at times, that we have took notice of.