Diamond Lounge Drinks

gramy

The drinks will vary slightly from ship to ship or from bar manager to bar manager. The St Martin Cab Sav and Merlot is mostly undrinkable sort of like cheap Winking Owl or Oak leaf from Walmart. Funny you do get a bottle once in a while that is drinkable???????? who knows.

Get to know the Bar tender and help him out and you will be surprised what drinks and the quality might improve LOL

The St Martin Cab Sav and Merlot is mostly undrinkable sort of like cheap Winking Owl or Oak leaf from Walmart.

Whats funny is you know the difference from Walmart wines:p

Btw for another poster doesn't a MaiTai take dark rum for a floater:confused:

Whats funny is you know the difference from Walmart wines:p

Btw for another poster doesn't a MaiTai take dark rum for a floater:confused:

From wikipedia:

The Mai Tai is an alcoholic cocktail based on rum, Curaçao liqueur, and lime juice, associated with Polynesian-style settings.

Urgh!!!, St Martin Cab Sav and Merlot are just tasteless...

Typically Corona at the bars, or if I'm in the club, either a rum and diet or rum and ginger. Cranberry juice and tonic/ginger/Sprite Zero (if I'm going to be diving the next morning).

We got a whole bunch of folks addicted to Cranberry juice and Sprite Zero one trip.

I've had great success at getting a Bloody Ceasar or a Bloody Mary at a bar (extra Tabasco and Worcestershire, please). However, I always get the Royal Replenish package, so the virgin version is already taken care of. I guess they just charge the vodka off to the Diamond club.

Typically, DH will have a Heiney or a dirty martini. Sometimes a glass of dry white wine.

I would vote for adding gold or dark rum to the list... that's my special favorite. :D

Wendy

Obviously it is the quality of red wines that is lacking on the standard Diamond drinks menu, what I usually do to make up for this is use my Diamond drinks coupon instead if I want reds. I check the ship's bars one by and and ask the bartender what particular reds in the inventory is included in the coupon. Now this gives me more choices as each bar has a different wine lists depending on what is on their current inventory. Being specific will help like ask if there is Cab Sav or a Shiraz from a specific country/region like France for example if you prefer French wine and they will check if the one they found can be included in the Diamond drink list at that particular sailing... then once I find that particular bar with the wine brand I like, I basically come back every night and ask for the same wine to use my Diamond coupons with.

• 1 month later...

I like gin & tonic and DW gets a margarita. They guys that work in the DC are really amazing. They typically know what we like after the first night and just keep them coming. We usually have to say "Last one" to get them to stop. This is a wonderful benefit. The snacks are pretty amazing as well.

Tom

It is the limit outside of the Diamond Club, but I have never seen a limit if you go into the club. Of course, 2 drinks is plenty for me so I've never reached this limit. There are sometimes some there who obviously are taking advantage of a more lenient quantity.

Tom

Is the Diamond (and higher) perk three drinks per night?

Dan

Well that's two mistakes I guess. [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

This is Royal we are talking about. Being inconsistent is the only consistent thing they do.

Edited by chandom

Correct. Only during the hours the DL is serving drinks, and cannot be accumulated.

It is the limit outside of the Diamond Club, but I have never seen a limit if you go into the club. Of course, 2 drinks is plenty for me so I've never reached this limit. There are sometimes some there who obviously are taking advantage of a more lenient quantity.

Tom

Thanks! If you don't mind, could you help me understand the lounges, and the Diamond benefits, specifically free drinks? Pretty sure we'll be in that group in the not toooooo distant future.

• Are there separate Diamond, Diamond +, and Pinnacle lounges on each ship?
  • Are these lounges open all day? Only to Diamond and above members?
  • What typically is going on in these lounges during the day?
  • Do they serve drinks only certain hours of the day?
  • Are the drinks free in these lounge for Diamond and above cruisers? Are they only free during certain hours?
  • Are there limits to the numbers of free drinks served in each lounge?
  • Are the daily 3 drink coupons only for lounges and bars outside of the Diamond and above lounges, and only during the hours of 5-8 pm?

ahhh, so confusing. Thanks in advance for helping my ignorance. :)

Dan

Thanks! If you don't mind, could you help me understand the lounges, and the Diamond benefits, specifically free drinks? Pretty sure we'll be in that group in the not toooooo distant future.

• Are there separate Diamond, Diamond +, and Pinnacle lounges on each ship? No. If you mention a ship, we can tell you about the specific lounges. No such thing as a Pinnacle Lounge.
  • Are these lounges open all day? Only to Diamond and above members? Appropriate guests have 24 hour access via their room key.
  • What typically is going on in these lounges during the day? Continental breakfast in the AM, then not much until cocktail hour. Free specialty coffee all the time.
  • Do they serve drinks only certain hours of the day? Yes.
  • Are the drinks free in these lounge for Diamond and above cruisers? Yes, but different lounges allow different guests. Are they only free during certain hours? Yes.
  • Are there limits to the numbers of free drinks served in each lounge? No, unless they feel you are too drunk to consume any more.
  • Are the daily 3 drink coupons only for lounges and bars outside of the Diamond and above lounges, and only during the hours of 5-8 pm? Yes, and the hours may vary ship to ship.

ahhh, so confusing. Thanks in advance for helping my ignorance. :)

Dan

See answers in RED above.

Edited by clarea

See answers in RED above.

Thank you Bob. Very nice of you to respond to all of my questions. One more please. Is the free drink period within the lounges the same as that offered for the 3 drink coupons? (5-8pm?) or is it anytime they are are offering drinks in the lounge, which is?

Kindly,

Dan

Thank you Bob. Very nice of you to respond to all of my questions. One more please. Is the free drink period within the lounges the same as that offered for the 3 drink coupons? (5-8pm?) or is it anytime they are are offering drinks in the lounge, which is?

Kindly,

Dan

The free voucher period is the same time as the free drink period in the lounges.

Also, I may have inadvertantly misled you with my other answer. The free drink period in the lounges is the only time drinks (besides specialty coffees) are available in the lounges.

So it's confirmed that StrongBow replaced Corona, is it fleetwide?

because the last time I was in Legend last Nov, it is also StrongBow instead of Corona..

but on the Voyager last Oct, it is still Corona...

Can someone confirm if Corona is still currently available as Diamond drinks on some other ships?