Diamond Lounge Drinks

gramy

I usually drink wine (sometimes the sparkling or a mimosa) but have occasionally had a lemon drop or cosmo. Oh, and I've had rum punch a couple of times. DH drinks screwdrivers so he's happy. I don't drink martinis but I have seen people with them. Just your basic martini, not flavored ones.

Edited by BND

I order the Cosmo with a splash of the sweet/sour mix and my husband orders the Bloody Mary in the diamond lounge. We have used our drink vouchers on our last four cruises to order these in other bars if we aren't going to the lounge and never had a problem.

We just got off the Allure TA last week and in the Schooner lounge the waitress said the Bloody Mary is no longer on the voucher list but the Cosmo was ok. We went to the Solarium Bar one night and the bartender said the Cosmo was not included in the voucher but ended up making me one. He said it was a new directive because some bars didn't have the cheaper mixers on hand. Has anyone run into this. We ended up just going to one of the diamond lounges to get our drinks.

Corona for me.

On my recent sailing with Legend, Corona was not included for the first time. Instead it was replaced by StrongBow.. an Alcoholic cider that I ordered everyday simply because it was not part of the usual Diamond drinks menu...

Anyone here knows if any other ship included StrongBow as part of the Diamond drinks aside from the Legend????

Also I had the bartender mix me any cocktail he likes throughout the sailing.. so basically got to try them all... and my favorite cocktail is:

Mai Tai!!!!

for non alcoholic cocktail.. Virgin Bloody Mary with extra Tabasco sauce!!!

For the beers on the list, I tried them all and I prefer the Bud.. and for the wine, I always order Sauvignon blanc whenever it is avail as it is not part of the Diamond drinks menu again but it was being offered on my 2 previous sailings.

The Beringer White Zinfandel is also nice and sweet.

For the hard liquor, I usually order Bailey's.

And finally for the red wine... unfortunately so far all the reds I tried that was included in the Diamond drinks are tasteless except for the Shiraz, again not included in the standard menu.. and I did asked the server which of the red wine among the Diamond drinks is the most popular and he confirmed that it was the Shiraz.

So actually that Diamond drinks menu is not fixed as it varies from ship to ship and sailing to sailing, it really boils down to what they have in their inventory, if one item is out of stock, they will replace it with something else.

One usual thing was Virgin Pina Colada frozen drink was included in the first half of my Voyager sailing but was no longer included on the 2nd half... go figure...

Edited by roquejo

Margaritas

Rum Punch

Bellinis (made with Champagne, not Prosecco)

Baileys on the rocks

Corona if in the mood for a beer. I wish they had Blue Moon!

Vodka and Cranberry

Will have to try a Mai Tai next time if they will make it.

I usually can't get anything more complicated than a spirit + one mixer in a bar unless you befriend the bartender.