Radiance Re-vitalisation

KazAllen

Yes, the Radiance is scheduled for a Dry Dock prior to the Alaska Season 2016. Was told this at a recent welcome back/top tier party.

I just looked and there is a gap in it's schedule from 5/1/16 to 5/15/16 so leaving 2 weeks for a drydock in the Vancouver area (which there are in the area)

Not sure of any details though :confused:

Edited by Firefighterhoop

Yes, the Radiance is scheduled for a Dry Dock prior to the Alaska Season 2016. Was told this at a recent welcome back/top tier party.

I just looked and there is a gap in it's schedule from 5/1/16 to 5/15/16 so leaving 2 weeks for a drydock in the Vancouver area (which there are in the area)

It probably won't be anything too major if it's only for 2 weeks. Probably new carpets, furniture. Maybe an added restaurant or bar.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Would be nice if they were taking that two weeks to replace those "TSA inspection" :eek: shower curtains that just love to wrap themselves all over you. Yuck!!

Please RCI update those to the ones on sister ships that have the "Scotty beam me up"

round sliding plastic shower doors. :)

Yuck...just no way to keep those shower curtains from clinging to you. I have tried everything, but still I get the "wrap" or the floor gets flooded. :(

Have you tried boca (beach towel) clips, black binder clips, or clothes pins? :)

I don't know what I did "wrong" this past summer because I didn't have a problem with the shower curtain - and I was in an inside cabin.

No worries, you luckily had an unfriendly curtain. :D

Have you tried boca (beach towel) clips, black binder clips, or clothes pins? :)

No worries, you luckily had an unfriendly curtain. :D

Have only been in D1 cabins on Radiance. Perhaps different set up in the inside cabins? No matter what I try the darn things are way too friendly.

Have only been in D1 cabins on Radiance. Perhaps different set up in the inside cabins? No matter what I try the darn things are way too friendly.

IDK... I'd think the inside cabins would have the worst set-up. I had no issues either with the curtain getting on me OR with it leaking.

Maybe it's that I'm used to little NYC apartment showers? I do remember my cabin steward asking me what my trick was because my bathroom was the only one where there seemed to be no problem. I just tucked it all in, made sure it went all around the track, and that was it. No leaks.

IDK... I'd think the inside cabins would have the worst set-up. I had no issues either with the curtain getting on me OR with it leaking.

Maybe it's that I'm used to little NYC apartment showers? I do remember my cabin steward asking me what my trick was because my bathroom was the only one where there seemed to be no problem. I just tucked it all in, made sure it went all around the track, and that was it. No leaks.

Just got back from 16 days on RadOTS. Never had a problem with the shower curtain. I'm 6'1" and 85kg. The shower space is tiny though and I can see it could be a problem for persons of "larger" proportion. BTW, try not to drop the soap.

Had to put in a maint call for the shower drain that backed up once and about 6 times for the toilet not flushing. All quickly fixed.

That's some really good news!.....We're sailing her May 20. until. June 3 next year...

Any idea how we might be able to learn more? I'd really like to book a July cruise to Alaska on Radiance but I've read a lot of recent reviews that complain of bad sewage and plumbing leading to a stinky ship.

Yes, I heard from someone in RCI's Sydney sales office today. She will be in dry dock in May. No word on what she'll be receiving though.

• 4 weeks later...
That's some really good news!.....We're sailing her May 20. until. June 3 next year...

We are also sailing the May 20th northbound and doing the land tour afterwards. It will be nice to be onboard just after the maintenance dry dock cycle too.

Hi All, We are doing the Hawaii to Sydney cruise on Radiance next September, 2016 and I was wondering if anyone knows any updates on the possible re-vitalisation of Radiance in May 2016? Thanks, Karen

It was discussed that she would be receiving the Royal Suite Class enhancements, including the suite lounge & coastal kitchen. We will see if this is still true.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...