If I'm not happy with cleanliness of cabin.....

batt01

To the OP I've never stayed in a Promenade cabin -- thinking about it though makes me wonder. Are they cleaned? While not being touched or the sea/salt water hitting them -- smoke from the Pub and Bolero's would. And just in general AC stuff.

I might throw a small fit if they are dirty when we arrive.

Well that is probably not the way to start if you want something. As for the outside of the window, I can't imagine asking them to get a crew out to do that mid-cruise. Or emailing about it in advance.......:rolleyes:

To the OP I've never stayed in a Promenade cabin -- thinking about it though makes me wonder. Are they cleaned? While not being touched or the sea/salt water hitting them -- smoke from the Pub and Bolero's would. And just in general AC stuff.

I'm pretty sure the Pub and Bolero's are non-smoking.......

I'm pretty sure the Pub and Bolero's are non-smoking.......

Hi ckrobyn. You are correct. My mistake. Oasis was still smoking in the Pub and Bolero when I was onboard. Liberty's Pub still kinda-smelled like it.

Edited by jaspercat

Here is the video OP was talking about. Look at 1:30 into the video. I'm staying in Freedom's Family Promenade cabin and also watch this video. I hope my window isn't covered in Salt Water Spray. And I do expect to have clearer windows this this. :)

Edited by BlueSkySailing

Each ship has a portable lift for promenade maintenance. I believe it is used for lighting, hanging decorations..etc. I noticed it in use once, but I imagine it would take forever to clean the promenade windows. They don't have much opportunity to clean these windows other than dry dock.

I don't know. . .

Those waves rolling down the Promenade can get pretty high. Isn't that where they have the Flowrider activities when the weather is bad outdoors?

Robyn is going to give us a full report tomorrow when she moves into her promenade cabin. Can't beat a live report.;):eek::p

Things have changed in the last year or 2.

That must have been before the smoking policy changed. All bars and pubs are now non-smoking

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=3101&faqSubjectId=333

I tried to correct my post -- after looking back through my cruise binders, yes binders. Oasis was still smoking in Boleros and Pub and Liberty 'smelled' like it in the Pub and Boleros. If they were no longer smoking??

Still think the windows in the Promenade should be clean regardless.

Sorry for mis-information.

Edited by jaspercat

If a store front interior window was dirty with haze on a RCI ship, wouldn't you be a little surprised? The interior Promenade cabins were a "wow" factor when Freedom class ships were introduced. If I walked into a beautiful stateroom and then saw that the window (one of the big selling points of this category) wasn't clean, I would be surprised. That's why it caught my attention in the video. And, knowing that it might be hard to clean those windows is why I posted the question in the first place. I have learned quite a bit from these forums and figured someone out there might offer a suggestion or and idea I hadn't thought of. Thank you to those who did. And a little humor goes a long way, too. I'm a tough gal and can take adversity pretty well, a dirty window isn't going to ruin my day (throw a little fit was meant as in "in my head") and I also mentioned that I don't like to complain, thus the reason for posting this question in the first place....for some help from the kind people on this board who may have experience with this or those who might say they had stayed in a Promenade cabin and everything was perfect - no worries.

We were on Liberty in 2014 with a promenade and a window we could barely see through. We asked them to clean it but they explained to us that the seal between the double pane window failed and moisture was inside. There was no way of them fixing it without replacing the window. It didn't really bother us all that much anyway since we are hardly ever in our room.

We were on Liberty in 2014 with a promenade and a window we could barely see through. We asked them to clean it but they explained to us that the seal between the double pane window failed and moisture was inside. There was no way of them fixing it without replacing the window. It didn't really bother us all that much anyway since we are hardly ever in our room.

Now that would upset me. Shouldn't that cabin be sold as an obstructed view? :rolleyes: Seriously, if they can not clean the window then it is unfair that they charge more because you have a semi see through portion of wall.....:eek: JMHO.

I wonder what page in the RCI book of excuses that's on?

If a store front interior window was dirty with haze on a RCI ship, wouldn't you be a little surprised? The interior Promenade cabins were a "wow" factor when Freedom class ships were introduced. If I walked into a beautiful stateroom and then saw that the window (one of the big selling points of this category) wasn't clean, I would be surprised. .

it's a helluva lot easier to clean a store front window that requires at best a small ladder over a stateroom window several floors up.

This does make sense. This is what happens when the seals go bad on double pane windows. I don't think RC cleaning intervals for the inside of the ship would allow enough time for much of a film to buildup. From what I have seen the public areas are always kept pretty clean.

I am puzzled by the answer that you were given, that you state above. I know that a Promenade cabin overlooks a totally interior section of the ship, the Promenade. For 'moisture to get inside' even if the double pane window had failed (somehow), it would say to me that the window had been exposed to significant water. That surely would not be from Windex being used on the interior window panes to keep the interior of the window clean.

In homes that have double pane windows that fail the culprit of the moisture is rain. Well a cabin overlooking the Promenade has no exposure to rain....it is an interior cabin, just with a window over looking the Promenade.

This answer surely makes no sense to me.

I am puzzled by the answer that you were given, that you state above. I know that a Promenade cabin overlooks a totally interior section of the ship, the Promenade. For 'moisture to get inside' even if the double pane window had failed (somehow), it would say to me that the window had been exposed to significant water. That surely would not be from Windex being used on the interior window panes to keep the interior of the window clean.

In homes that have double pane windows that fail the culprit of the moisture is rain. Well a cabin overlooking the Promenade has no exposure to rain....it is an interior cabin, just with a window over looking the Promenade.

This answer surely makes no sense to me.

This happened to a lot homeowners. It is not water that gets inside it is humid air. Eventually over time the moisture accumulates on inside surface of the glass between the 2 panes. Now with better sealants this problem has mostly gone away.

Edited by fred30

This happened to a lot homeowners. It is not water that gets inside it is humid air. Eventually over time the moisture accumulates on inside surface of the glass between the 2 panes. Now with better sealants this problem has mostly gone away.

So the climate controlled environment of the interior of the ship, would prevent 'humidity' from causing moisture to form....is how I would look at it, from what you have shared.

I just think it was a dubious answer to receive from 'maintenance' (if that is the dept that provided the answer to the cruiser). But one that the cruiser totally accepted.

There's lots of humidity in the cabin when someone is taking a shower and every surface in the bathroom is steamed up or when those big doors open up when someone goes outside and a huge blast of moist sea air comes blasting in the Promenade.

And each time the cabin or promenade doors open the pressure on the glass changes and the plates of glass flex just a little tiny bit pushing or sucking air through the broken seals.

Edited by fred30

Cabins on Enchantment are a disgrace, worn with dirty showers and torn fabrics. Would never sail that ship again even though public areas were nice and food was good.