Was anyone else on the Sky this past weekend?

tggs726

Wow, there is no possible way that I would have put up with this. If I wanted to spend my vacation money on a loud concert than I would have. When I spend my money on a cruise I want to relax and have fun with what the ship has to offer in terms of music. I without a doubt would have called security and had it stopped. If that did not work then I would have contacted officers all the way up to the captain. If that did work I would have accidentally rolled that boom box into the pool myself and dealt with any repercussions that came my way from the crew. As far as the girls go, I would have also called security on them if I was approached. I am sorry but there is absolutely no place for these types of behavior on a cruise that is not charted for this stuff.

You sure talk big behind a computer screen and keyboard. :rolleyes:

Is that the radio on the bar?

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/137161410@N07/22829285847/in/set-72157660826729089/

Looks like they were having a good time!

Not my cup of tea but I don't see anything too unusual. I find it hard to believe the guys are "Pimps" and the girls are working. Just looks like they are having a good time. And yes the radio would have annoyed the hell out of me. But so did the two red necks on our cruise on the BA. They brought banjo's. The worst part was they were horrible at playing and were so drunk on see days they thought everyone else liked it. Nothing was ever done.

Was on the Sky this weekend -- and we know that guy. He/they were everywhere we were, including a very small elevator in which the pounding music from his speaker on wheels combined with my group's hangovers would have led to a confrontation had the guy with the rolling speaker not been 6'4 and jacked.

That group looked like a traveling rap video. They almost got kicked off the tender to GSC because of the music, lewdness, and slapping of an NCL employee's butt. We passed them on the main drag in Nassau and several shop owners and others in the vicinity were not impressed. On the boat, him and his entourage pretty much took over the pool bar in the evenings. We were a little shocked that NCL allowed him to openly blare music everywhere, and everywhere he went, we avoided, which included the pool bar where he and his entourage set up shop a lot.

It was my first cruise out of Miami -- I typically cruise out of Baltimore or New York, and the demographics were completely different from anything I've seen before. There was a little bit of everyone on the boat!

we were on a Carnival cruise earlier this year and there was a group of 20somethings who carried a huge speaker around with them, blaring music wherever they went. Every day they set up shop for the day at the small pool, with their music so loud it overpowered everything except their incessant f-bombs.

I'm no prude, and I love to party -- but come on! I couldn't believe this was allowed. Can you imagine if we all carried about huge speakers blaring our own music? The pool is for everyone, not one group, and the poor ears of any kids in the vicinity.

Of course, the group was otherwise harmless...but this Sky story is a trip.The cruise lines need to start a policy against portable speakes -- and I guess against ladies of the evening -- onboard!

If this is now considered normal, let alone acceptable behavior, I am sincerely glad that our three day Sky trip in August was out last on that ship.

Coupled with what happened at embarkation today, NCL seems to have created something of a monster here. I feel sincerely sorry for some passengers expecting something very different who find themselves enmeshed in this kind of insulting and arrogant behavior.

It used to be MUCH better!

People on the Sky today (which had a security incident before boarding) are now reporting the presence of boom boxes.

There's not much that'll make me stop cruising sooner. This needs to be banned yesterday. Making other people listen to YOUR music is rude, rude, rude.

Listen to your cruisers NCL. Please ban the use of boom boxes without earplugs. Write it into the contracts.

Mike

Actually boom boxes are prohibited in NCL's Guest Conduct policy. Whether or not they enforce it is another story.

Ha I wish I wouldn't have looked at the pics. What was in my mind was much better funnier. I had imagined gum chomping hot pink wearing, 80's hair gals. Strutting down the hall with their man in the middle.

These people just sound like they had a total disregard for everyone. Just reinforces my choice to not sail NCL on any short cruises.

Last year we cruised Vancouver to Miami through the canal, brilliant 18 day cruise; except the boarding at the "wrong" wharf in Vancouver.

Everything on board was up to the standard we expected, just one meal that was ordinary. Great staff, great shows, great shorex and lovely people.

We had decided to stay on board for a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas and back to Miami. We wish we hadn't!! Never again a cruise less than 7 days and certainly no really short ones especially 'over' a weekend.

By the end of it even the staff, we had got to know them quite well in the previous 18 days, were verbalizing their thoughts about the clientele.

Caveat Emptor!!

Mike

With all the people with UBP on board, I wouldn't be surprised if someone "tripped" and spilled their entire drink on an offending boombox...Not making a suggestion, of course. Just speculating the random possibility...:rolleyes:

I like your way of thinking! LOL

We had decided to stay on board for a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas and back to Miami. We wish we hadn't!! Never again a cruise less than 7 days and certainly no really short ones especially 'over' a weekend.

Mike

I'm with you! My 3-day experience on the SKY was pretty dismal. Ghetto is the word that comes to mind. It pretty much turned me off to NCL but then I sailed the GETAWAY and what a difference. To be fair most all 3-day cruise experiences are doing to be different than a 7-day regardless of cruise line, but Carnival and NCL seem to be the worst. I've had very pleasant short cruise experiences on MAJESTY OF THE SEAS and also on Disney. Also some very nice 5-day sailings on Princess and Celebrity. I don't think I will ever go back on a 3-day NCL or Carnival sailing, and especially never during the summer or a school break. Not my idea of a vacation.

It was definitely a rude awakening for us on our third NCL cruise we have never seen anything like it. I complained to someone on GSC about his choice of music because every other word was Mother $&/#%ER and I have three kids under ten who don't need to hear that. Not surprising that there was a whole other side to his "business". I talked to a couple who also said they saw him and one other man sitting with suitcases in Nassau and wasn't it a shame that he didn't have an overcoat so he could hoist his boom box over his head John Cusack style (yes, we are that old). She said he brought it to the muster drill and wouldn't turn it off then either.

On another note, we got on the Getaway after the Sky where there was a group of people dressed in head to toe furry wolf outfits which made traveling with kids even more interesting. I wish NCL had put a stop to that group. Never mind the fact that I had to tell my own mother not to google anything about it to protect her innocence.

They let furries on?:eek:

Ladies must have been given early Holiday bonus party from their P...s. Used to live down there on Bay. You could hear the weekend Booze cruises from blocks away. Lived in several Deco hotels on Collins while looking for RE. You should see the girls out in middle of street at 3AM looking for dates from cars. What a town.