Was anyone else on the Sky this past weekend?

tggs726

Was on the Sky this weekend -- and we know that guy. He/they were everywhere we were, including a very small elevator in which the pounding music from his speaker on wheels combined with my group's hangovers would have led to a confrontation had the guy with the rolling speaker not been 6'4 and jacked.

That group looked like a traveling rap video. They almost got kicked off the tender to GSC because of the music, lewdness, and slapping of an NCL employee's butt. We passed them on the main drag in Nassau and several shop owners and others in the vicinity were not impressed. On the boat, him and his entourage pretty much took over the pool bar in the evenings. We were a little shocked that NCL allowed him to openly blare music everywhere, and everywhere he went, we avoided, which included the pool bar where he and his entourage set up shop a lot.

It was my first cruise out of Miami -- I typically cruise out of Baltimore or New York, and the demographics were completely different from anything I've seen before. There was a little bit of everyone on the boat!

I bet he is latitudes platinum.

These p i m p s might be on to something... If the sky runs the cruises that are the quick 3-nighters, it could be quite a lucrative business. One p*** could book himself and 3 of his best girls together in an inside cabin, and send the girls out to work all day and night. 2 of 3 cruises a month could earn him a pretty penny.

It was definitely a rude awakening for us on our third NCL cruise we have never seen anything like it. I complained to someone on GSC about his choice of music because every other word was Mother $&/#%ER and I have three kids under ten who don't need to hear that. Not surprising that there was a whole other side to his "business". I talked to a couple who also said they saw him and one other man sitting with suitcases in Nassau and wasn't it a shame that he didn't have an overcoat so he could hoist his boom box over his head John Cusack style (yes, we are that old). She said he brought it to the muster drill and wouldn't turn it off then either.

On another note, we got on the Getaway after the Sky where there was a group of people dressed in head to toe furry wolf outfits which made traveling with kids even more interesting. I wish NCL had put a stop to that group. Never mind the fact that I had to tell my own mother not to google anything about it to protect her innocence.

It was definitely a rude awakening for us on our third NCL cruise we have never seen anything like it. I complained to someone on GSC about his choice of music because every other word was Mother $&/#%ER and I have three kids under ten who don't need to hear that. Not surprising that there was a whole other side to his "business". I talked to a couple who also said they saw him and one other man sitting with suitcases in Nassau and wasn't it a shame that he didn't have an overcoat so he could hoist his boom box over his head John Cusack style (yes, we are that old). She said he brought it to the muster drill and wouldn't turn it off then either.

On another note, we got on the Getaway after the Sky where there was a group of people dressed in head to toe furry wolf outfits which made traveling with kids even more interesting. I wish NCL had put a stop to that group. Never mind the fact that I had to tell my own mother not to google anything about it to protect her innocence.

I can't stop laughing at both of these references. I hope your mother didn't google it. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm I the only one appalled by this. Many of your comments make light of the fact that these women are often abused and trapped into this life style. While men degrade them, show them no respect for thier own selfish pleasure.

It's a global problem often starting with young girls running away from home. Not a matter to joke about and certainly has no place on a cruise ship.

NO quality cruise line should permit that kind of behavior, with or without specific customer complaints. It is conditions like that which can brand the sky as a low-cost, low class operation.

As a consultant who lives on the road, I can confirm that there tends to be more working girls in high end hotels than low end. The difference is their pearls may match their pumps. Low cost has nothing to do with this line of business.

Edited by MrMan

Freestyle sounds more like a free for all. Looks like things to come when Sky goes to unlimited alcohol next year. FDR might look the other way if the free drinks result in higher per diems for the Sky and more revenue at the pay restaurants. Interesting to see how the experiment plays out. Increased security costs will need to be factored in at the very least.

Edited by coaster

Wow, there is no possible way that I would have put up with this. If I wanted to spend my vacation money on a loud concert than I would have. When I spend my money on a cruise I want to relax and have fun with what the ship has to offer in terms of music. I without a doubt would have called security and had it stopped. If that did not work then I would have contacted officers all the way up to the captain. If that did work I would have accidentally rolled that boom box into the pool myself and dealt with any repercussions that came my way from the crew. As far as the girls go, I would have also called security on them if I was approached. I am sorry but there is absolutely no place for these types of behavior on a cruise that is not charted for this stuff.

It's interesting to me that, after reading of the alleged prostitution, johns, a boom-box being played loudly and carted throughout the ship and overall distasteful carryings on, none of the usual and typical cheerleaders have joined in the discussion to dispute the numerous claims or denounce the behavior of these thugs.

Sometimes, their silence speaks volumes into their mindset.

It's interesting to me that, after reading of the alleged prostitution, johns, a boom-box being played loudly and carted throughout the ship and overall distasteful carryings on, none of the usual and typical cheerleaders have joined in the discussion to dispute the numerous claims or denounce the behavior of these thugs.

If you had a point, I missed it.

Perhaps they like such cruises at no extra charge, just don't like to admit it. I would find it amusing once, never go back again.

Were the wolf costume people part of that "Furry" group? They cruise alot