How much more is Concierge Class Worth????

readyforacruiseagain

Reading threads and decided to call and ask for new deal and upgrades available. I think for our 5 Day cruise I can upgrade to Concierge from Veranda for $100/person.

I also think by adding the $150pp obc from the Go Big option that seems like a no brainer. When I booked the Celebrity agent in retrospect wasn't too helpful in discussing or offering options, so am doing it now.

Is it worth it?

The two main benefits I see in CC are location (not always better, but can be a factor), footstool on balcony, afternoon canapes (not always good, and you can get most at the Oceanview). More points in Captains Club, if that matters.

Are you currently under a BBB promotion? If so, the most valuable perk to most is the drink package, and for a 7 day cruise I would upgrade to Better at the cost of $105pp for OBC of $150pp. If you do not drink, then OBC would be the logical choice.

Ken

I take it I can upgrade it to the bbb as required. We do drink and I hate wasting time adding up costs and checking price points.

Also I have read before but will confirm I can use the obc to pay for a premium drink package or specialty restaurants?

Edited by readyforacruiseagain

tangible benefits are more points towards your Captain's Club status, balcony footstools, & larger cabins on M class.

Personally, I would only book concierge class on an M class ship, unless the extra points will bump you up into the next category for CC.

There used to be nicer towels & linens, but I don't think that's true anymore, believe that all S class balcony cabins have the same bedding.

When they first introduced Concierge Class, the benefits were great, true priority tendering & if they had to do an in person immigration line up, you waited in Michaels Club instead of lining up in the theatre... it was quite nice.

Reading threads and decided to call and ask for new deal and upgrades available. I think for our 5 Day cruise I can upgrade to Concierge from Veranda for $100/person.

I also think by adding the $150pp obc from the Go Big option that seems like a no brainer. When I booked the Celebrity agent in retrospect wasn't too helpful in discussing or offering options, so am doing it now.

Is it worth it?

For a $100/person... maybe. I don't find many of the perks that useful. I did an AFT C1 some years back. I did it more the cabin location than the perks. I probably could have saved a lot of money by just getting a regular aft balcony (SV). The extra Captains Club points could be worth it if they cause you to jump from one tier to the next.

Often times Concierge Class and Aqua Class have a similar price. Any chance you can upgrade to an AQ room?

Doesn't CC include Luminae?

Also if I read properly I need the premium drink package for specialty coffees and smoothies?

No, Luminae is for suites only. The only rooms that include a premium drink package by default are the upper suites, Signature Suite and higher. Though right now all suites get a free Go Best package, so at the moment all suites get the premium beverage package.

Is it worth it?

I don't think it is worth the cost, unless you need the extra Captain's Club points to make elite.

I have read on several postings here that footstools are in shortage so even though you are in CC and technically "paid" for them you still may not receive it. As for the canapés, you have to be in your cabin when they are delivered, once the guests next door to us were not there and our cabin steward asked us if we wanted them. They were not very good, we did not even finish them.

I don't think it is worth the cost, unless you need the extra Captain's Club points to make elite.

I have read on several postings here that footstools are in shortage so even though you are in CC and technically "paid" for them you still may not receive it. As for the canapés, you have to be in your cabin when they are delivered, once the guests next door to us were not there and our cabin steward asked us if we wanted them. They were not very good, we did not even finish them.

We were in Concierge last week on the Reflection, and we had 2 foot stools on our balcony.

Last year Celebrity was running a special promo where if you booked Concierge or higher, you got all 3 of the 123Go perks. For the Reflection, we were already booked in a veranda and had the beverage package as our perk, so it cost us more to upgrade to Concierge, but we gained prepaid gratuities and $300 OBC. It was a no-brainer for us to upgrade, otherwise we wouldn't have bothered. You need to look at the bottom line to see if it's worth it or not.

We are currently booked in Concierge for the Constellation in March, and it was $20 more pp to upgrade to Concierge. Aqua is the same price as Concierge, so we're thinking of changing to Aqua.

Booking a concierge to get to the Elite level is worth the $100. But if you aren't a frequent X cruiser with that goal in mind, there is no reason to spend the extra on the s class ships.

Foot stool...Is that something you would rent everyday? Like a beach chair for $20 a day?

"Appetizers" in the afternoon? All reports are correct in saying they aren't anything that most would consider a big plus. We pack a can of mixed nuts and find a handful of those with a drink in the afternoon are much more our taste. ;)

Edited by eandj

BTW... there are NO foot stools on the balconies of CC on the M class ships.

The canapes are rather silly.

We DID have fresh flowers in CC on Infinity.

The towels were all so-so... nothing special at all.

M-class CC cabins are a bit larger (as mentioned here).

$100/pp for a five day cruise??? I wouldn't do it... that's a nice excursion or quite a few drinks!

The extra space in the M class cabin is roughly just a 16" deeper (length from entry door to veranda door) cabin, the width remains the same.

I say Concierge is worthless but of when they offered that all-in 123 promotion with them.

I say save the cash and buy a vase of flowers and do a dinner in a specialty.

Here's my complete thoughts on the Concierge "perks", I recommend paying for Aqua if those perks work, or saving money and spending elsewhere.

• Services
  • Priority check-in - still have the long security line, but you do get a special line for check in and getting sea pass, then get funneled back in the same line as everyone else to board, so not much value to this to me.
  • Express luggage delivery - no guarantee at all luggage will be there any earlier than others. I found with my inside cabin, I still had luggage by the time muster was over
  • Personalized Concierge service - anyone can visit the concierge desk on the ship. The concierge doesn't reach out to you prior to sailing so not any value here.
  • Priority disembarkation based on your travel needs - anyone can select any time to disembark, just stop by guest services if you get assigned to a group/time that you don't like
  • Complimentary shoeshine service - OK, this is nice if you arrive with badly worn shoes. But I wear my formal shoes so rarely, they still look brand new so I never use it even in suite.
  • Access to the exclusive Concierge Class Pre-departure Lounge. Big whoop, continental breakfast last day to wait for your disembarkation time. If captains club, you get same thing.

Dining
  • Main and specialty restaurant seating time preferences - almost anyone can request preferred dining times to be arranged if available. I've been in a suite and been told I couldn't get my time as they were simply just booked up. One thing about this though, is they do seem to hold back early, late and select dinning for reservation prior to boarding for those in concierge and up. It's been reported here people in standard cabins couldn't select late while those booking higher categories could on same sailings.
  • Expanded room service menu - if one enjoys room service this may be a decent perk, but also available with AquaClass

Amenities
  • Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine with a commemorative label featuring exclusive art work from the ArtCenter/South Florida artists - a nice feature, though many consider it battery acid (myself included, but it works in a pinch) - but also an Aqua perk
  • Pillow menu to suit your sleeping preferences - many can't even find the pillow menu, and truth is, ask cabin steward for a different type of pillow in any cabin, and they will find it for you.
  • Daily delivery of Afternoon Savories - nice, but you must be in the cabin to accept delivery. Also an Aqua perk.
  • Plush bathrobes - if important, but standard cabins have bathrobes too, just not as "plush".
  • Fresh fruit - Nice, but its also on the buffet if you really want it. Lately it's been a try of 3 green apples.
  • Custom-blended bath amenities - nice, but I have no issue with she standard branded stuff either.
  • Use of binoculars and golf umbrella - nice sure, but important? And binoculars are quite cheap - and thy aren't your to take home, you will be billed if you do.
  • Extra handheld hair dryer - isn't one enough?
  • Celebrity tote bag - I got a celebrity tote bag in an inside cabin this summer, it was more like a grocery store reusable version, but how many bags does one need to take home.

Stateroom Features
  • Hansgrohe® massaging shower head - may be nice if there were lots of water pressure, but even the one I have at home I never use anything but the normal shower feature. Aqua has at least 6 body sprays if such showering things are important, and I did like that feature, but felt it was a bit week. And I swear my inside cabin had a shower head that was changeable in patters and roughness, not sure if it's the brand they are pushing in concierge versus standard though.

I always see people post that they paid for a footstool in Concierge and none was there and they got ripped off. No where I can see is a footstool listed as a concierge perk.

Edited by cle-guy

Doesn't CC include Luminae?

Also if I read properly I need the premium drink package for specialty coffees and smoothies?

You do not need the premium package to get the specialty coffees at Cafe al Bacio even if you want some liquors in it as long as the liquor you have is included on the classic package: Tia Maria, Amaretto, Kahlua, Bailey's and others on the list.

I agree with cle-guy. Concierge class is not worth an up charge unless doing so will increase your captains club status to Elite or higher.

We have stayed in CC twice but only because it provided greater perks than a regular balcony at the same price so it was worth it. Three green apples and not-so-good sparkling wine are not worth it to me. I miss the flowers and am thinking of bringing my own this time.