• Park Cafe
    • Cafe Promenade
    • Johnny Rockets
    • Solarium Bistro
    • Wipout Cafe
    • Vitality Cafe
    • Room Service
    • Other

The Wipeout Cafe is the only place to get made to order omeletts and one of two places to get fried eggs (MDR). Everywhere else that I'm aware of serves pre-made somewhat artificial scrambled.

Not at JR's on Allure. My husband always got 2 fried eggs/omelet that was made to order.

Edited by cruisenfever

Another question related to port days....if you have an early morning excursion (say at 8am), then what do you do? Grab a quick breakfast at one of the places mentioned such as Johnny Rockets or Park Café? Or do you just call room service? (We are 2 adults and 2 kids so am thinking room service)

Another question related to port days....if you have an early morning excursion (say at 8am), then what do you do? Grab a quick breakfast at one of the places mentioned such as Johnny Rockets or Park Café? Or do you just call room service? (We are 2 adults and 2 kids so am thinking room service)

You can order room service the night before by using the menus that hang on your stateroom door handle. They will deliver it at the time you select, which includes times much earlier than 8am.

Port days, definitely room service. Use it as a wake up call, then get everyone ready as they eat. Especially good with kids that are slow to wake up!

Sea days, we did a mix of park cafe and johnny rockets. Take a look at the screens to see which is green and go that way. It amazed me how many people would stand in line at one venue when there was another where you could almost walk right in.

We have tried the MDR for breakfast and yes it is nice to be served, but it always takes way too long. Too many other things to be doing to sit and wait on the service there, and besides the quality seems to be going down each time we try it.

Be flexible and you will have lots of great breakfasts (as well as lunches, dinners, snacks, etc, etc, etc).

Port days, definitely room service. Use it as a wake up call, then get everyone ready as they eat. Especially good with kids that are slow to wake up!

Sea days, we did a mix of park cafe and johnny rockets. Take a look at the screens to see which is green and go that way. It amazed me how many people would stand in line at one venue when there was another where you could almost walk right in.

We have tried the MDR for breakfast and yes it is nice to be served, but it always takes way too long. Too many other things to be doing to sit and wait on the service there, and besides the quality seems to be going down each time we try it.

Be flexible and you will have lots of great breakfasts (as well as lunches, dinners, snacks, etc, etc, etc).

Do you mean that they post the wait times??? Totally different thing, but they had wait time apps at Disney World which were so helpful deciding on rides.

You are right on Johnny Rockets serving freshly made omelets, but fewer ingredient choices. They also serve fresh made scrambled eggs and other eggs, made to order, such as over easy.

Fresh made? More like freshly scooped. The one time we went to Johnny Rockets on Oasis for breakfast, DW and I both ordered scrambled. We both got nice round little scoops of powdered egg product. Blech. If I wanted that, I would have gone to WJ.

In the MDR can you request a table for 2 or are you seated with others?

Yes, you can request a table for two. Both times DW and I went for breakfast on Oasis in the MDR we got a two-top with no trouble.

Fresh made? More like freshly scooped. The one time we went to Johnny Rockets on Oasis for breakfast, DW and I both ordered scrambled. We both got nice round little scoops of powdered egg product. Blech. If I wanted that, I would have gone to WJ.

Yes, you can request a table for two. Both times DW and I went for breakfast on Oasis in the MDR we got a two-top with no trouble.

You just have to ask for real eggs and you will get them:)

You just have to ask for real eggs and you will get them:)

Considering their whole thing is (supposedly) made-to-order eggs, shouldn't that be the default rather than the powdered crap? It's ridiculous to have to ask for real egg in my scrambled egg when it should be understood that's what most passengers want.

Considering their whole thing is (supposedly) made-to-order eggs, shouldn't that be the default rather than the powdered crap? It's ridiculous to have to ask for real egg in my scrambled egg when it should be understood that's what most passengers want.

From our point of view, maybe. But from a company whose focus is the bottom line, maybe not.

Hey,I'm just passing on info on how to get want you want not whether it's right or wrong or ridiculous.

I don't recall egg/muffin sandwiches, wraps, or breakfast burritos in the MDR.

You are correct, Bob, but on the other hand, you don't have to wander endlessly searching for the butter and syrup like you do in the WJ...it's right there on the table!!!!;);)

Edited by Rala
typo

Do you mean that they post the wait times??? Totally different thing, but they had wait time apps at Disney World which were so helpful deciding on rides.

They post wait time in a red, yellow, green scale. If green you can pretty much walk right in. Of course this is not on all ships, but since the OP asked about Allure/Oasis it does apply.

If I have the ultimate beverage package and my husband doesn't can I order his regular house coffee and :D for me a specialty coffee and a mimosa, or maybe 2 mimosas?

Room service is not included in the package. Also, you can only order one alcoholic drink at a time with the package, not sure about the specialty coffee and mimosa but you probably couldn't get them at the same place anyway, not sure.

Interesting...

MDR is #1

Windjammer #2

Good to hear that the MDR seems to be highly rated for breakfast. My understanding is you can do the buffet or order from the menu right? (where the buffet would minimize any time concerns).

I was surprised to see Windjamemr a very close second. My DH and kids like buffet so I do see them wanting to go here. Am trying to get to all one time...but at moment Wipout Cafe is left out.

Interesting...

MDR is #1

Windjammer #2

Good to hear that the MDR seems to be highly rated for breakfast. My understanding is you can do the buffet or order from the menu right? (where the buffet would minimize any time concerns).

I was surprised to see Windjamemr a very close second. My DH and kids like buffet so I do see them wanting to go here. Am trying to get to all one time...but at moment Wipout Cafe is left out.

Yes, this has been my experience. On Oasis, at least, they even gave some amount of priority to seat those who wanted to eat at the buffet.

Lot of opinions that's nice and expected which is nice, but gets confusing.

I think best advice is to try different places and enjoy that is one fo the beauty of this class of ship, you have options. I think that is the best advice I got and I'm paying it forward.

We tried different place, we only repeated Johnny Rockets once.

Lot of opinions that's nice and expected which is nice, but gets confusing.

I think best advice is to try different places and enjoy that is one fo the beauty of this class of ship, you have options. I think that is the best advice I got and I'm paying it forward.

We tried different place, we only repeated Johnny Rockets once.

Yes of course. Everyone is different and has their own tastes, but I created this post as a fun thread and just interested in everyone's thoughts.

Last Royal cruise we went on was Voyager in 2001 and from what i remember the choices were Windjammer or MDR. So many more choices now 😁

Edited by LuCruise