Cyber Sale Cyber Monday

roquejo

Wow. Some sale. Is it even a sale if there is no discount in the fares? You have to pay the full fare at some point, so 25.00 deposits aren't a big deal. Just a thought, if one can afford to go on a X cruise, is the normal deposit amount that much of a bank breaker? I was dreaming if a 123go promo for black/cyber

Wow. Some sale. Is it even a sale if there is no discount in the fares? You have to pay the full fare at some point, so 25.00 deposits aren't a big deal. Just a thought, if one can afford to go on a X cruise, is the normal deposit amount that much of a bank breaker? I was dreaming if a 123go promo for black/cyber

Actually they do have a running 123go promo for this SALE season ... for Alaska and Europe, you get free Go Better for ocean view and above, for other sailings, you get free Go Big in some, while others you automatically get the Go Big option of $300 OBC per stateroom...for ocean view or better.

This promo is also being copied by NCL until Cyber Monday... you get 2 FreeStyle choices instead of one...

I don't like NCL's nickle and dimming these days that's why I chose Celebrity, their freestyle choices is inferior.

Aside from free prepaid tips which is equal, the 3 Freestyle options for NCL is inferior compared to Celebrity 123go.

You have to pay additional 18% gratuities for NCL if you get to free beverage package vs completely free for Celebrity

You get only 250 internet minutes for NCL vs unlimited for Celebrity

You only get $200 OBC limited to 4 excursions at $50 each for NCL compared $300 OBC for Celebrity to use where ever you like.

Edited by roquejo

You have to pay additional 18% gratuities for NCL if you get to free beverage package vs completely free for Celebrity

True-- and I agree overall; however, the package includes drinks up to $15, unlike the classic on celebrity (but no coffees are included). The upgrade cost to premium is almost exactly the same price as the gratuities on NCL.

We were able to to find a sale price today on Celebrity, was able to get a C3 on the Equinox out of Barcelona for less than almost all veranda categories. This included the Go Better package of two perks. For NCL the almost identical cruise and stateroom type leaving out of Barcelona the same afternoon was for us over $1500 more.

True-- and I agree overall; however, the package includes drinks up to $15, unlike the classic on celebrity (but no coffees are included). The upgrade cost to premium is almost exactly the same price as the gratuities on NCL.

True, but if you have a GO Better promo and you picked $300 OBC plus classic beverage..

You can use part of your OBC to upgrade it to Premium Beverage at $10 plus gratuity per day... not an issue for a typical 7 night as you still have more than $200 OBC left.. unless of course you are in a long sailing.

Just booked Scandinavia/Russia cruise yesterday for next July out of Amsterdam. In my case the $25 reduced deposit was a big deal plus I've already got an upcoming cruise this January. Also received the Go Better promo for next summer's cruise. I hope it is $25 CAD like the cruise planner said it would be. The normal deposit is $960 per couple and at the moment I can use that cash elsewhere.

I also got an email from the Captain's Club with this offer:

Receive up to 25 additional bonus Club Points

To thank you for your loyalty, from November 27 through January 3, 2016, Captain's Club members will receive 10 or 25 bonus Club Points* for any 2016 Europe sailing departing in
May, June or July
aboard Celebrity
Reflection
or Celebrity
Equinox
. This offer is valid for bookings starting from Friday, 11/27.

Get 10 extra points when you book a veranda, Concierge Class or AquaClass stateroom. Get 25 extra points when you book Suite Class.

Plus, combine this benefit with Go Big for an even greater value.

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

Just a thought, if one can afford to go on a X cruise, is the normal deposit amount that much of a bank breaker? [/quote

I do not think the $500 it is a deal breaker. However, its better to only tie up $25 for a cruise in 2017 vs $500. Of course, you have to pay the whole cruise fare eventually but no need to before necessary. As always to each their own. We are all different.

The $25 deposit today is the reason I booked. I was shopping deals for our 2016 med cruise. If you count in the cost of dsc, ubp grats and UDP grats that I would pay on my NCL Jade 14 night sailing, I'm only paying a couple hundred more for a 14 night sailing on celebrity silhouette but I'm going from an inside stateroom on the Jade to a C3 balcony on the Silhouette.

With NCL the beverage perk has an almost $400 gratuity fee even if picked as a perk. Free DSC is not a perk option so it's an additional $378 for DSC with two people inside stateroom on NCL.

The Jade spa passes will cost about $4-500 extra and is the only way to have access to a steam room or sauna. Not sure if Celebrity has access to a sauna or steam room without spa package?

We were also going to need to purchase an Internet package on the Jade. It's $29.95/day for unlimited. It's also offered as a perk with NCL but only 250 minutes for two week cruise which isn't enough.

You should be able to book daily or weekly passes for the sauna and steamroom. And that will include the lovely heated loungers (and a great view).

Thanks. I definitely need to do a little research. I chose the perks of daily service fee and unlimited internet. We're not drinkers so didn't think the beverage package would benefit us but after seeing that you don't have to pay for the gratuity on the package and that it includes coffees, waters, smoothies and cans of Coke I think I may switch from Internet to beverage package. The Internet is much less too on celebrity. Ta includes $310 obc in addition to the two perks. Will use that for spa or Internet.

I'm keeping the Jade reservation for now. The Silhouette sails from Rome and the Jade is sailing from Venice. Already purchased airfare to Venice and so if we keep the celebrity booking will need to transfer to Rome on embarkation day which might be a little stressful.

This would be our first Celebrity sailing. Have enjoyed NCL cruises in the past on their smaller ships to Europe and Alaska but I'm sure celebrity is a step above and the price point is MUCH less than NCL. A regular balcony on NCL was $2500 more than Silhouette C3 balcony and that's before adding in all the extra fees NCL charges.

Thanks. I definitely need to do a little research. I chose the perks of daily service fee and unlimited internet. We're not drinkers so didn't think the beverage package would benefit us but after seeing that you don't have to pay for the gratuity on the package and that it includes coffees, waters, smoothies and cans of Coke I think I may switch from Internet to beverage package. The Internet is much less too on celebrity. Ta includes $310 obc in addition to the two perks. Will use that for spa or Internet.

I'm keeping the Jade reservation for now. The Silhouette sails from Rome and the Jade is sailing from Venice. Already purchased airfare to Venice and so if we keep the celebrity booking will need to transfer to Rome on embarkation day which might be a little stressful.

This would be our first Celebrity sailing. Have enjoyed NCL cruises in the past on their smaller ships to Europe and Alaska but I'm sure celebrity is a step above and the price point is MUCH less than NCL. A regular balcony on NCL was $2500 more than Silhouette C3 balcony and that's before adding in all the extra fees NCL charges.

I've cruised mainly RCCL and NCL, and usually takes NCL if Alaska or Europe, but now I've booked X for Alaska instead of NCL. My initial plan is NCL.

Simply because I don't like the nickle and diming of NCL lately since they changed CEO.

What really turned me off is they made you pay the gratuities for the beverage package...while for X the classic package includes gratuities.

And if you compare the rest of NCL's freestyle perks, they are all inferior vs X.

200 OBC only for excursions in NCL vs 300 OBC to spend anywhere for X, unlimited internet for X vs only 250 mins for NCL

Edited by roquejo

"Already purchased airfare to Venice and so if we keep the celebrity booking will need to transfer to Rome on embarkation day which might be a little stressful. "

Have you looked into that? It sounds more than a little stressful.

I love Italy but it's not the most well run place around.

"Already purchased airfare to Venice and so if we keep the celebrity booking will need to transfer to Rome on embarkation day which might be a little stressful. "

Have you looked into that? It sounds more than a little stressful.

I love Italy but it's not the most well run place around.

I know. The train service is good though and strikes are usually planned. We arrive in Venice day prior but still doesn't sound ideal. I booked airfare with miles business class on British airways and don't want to give those hard to get seats up on a TA flight.

I've cruised mainly RCCL and NCL, and usually takes NCL if Alaska or Europe, but now I've booked X for Alaska instead of NCL. My initial plan is NCL.

Simply because I don't like the nickle and diming of NCL lately since they changed CEO.

What really turned me off is they made you pay the gratuities for the beverage package...while for X the classic package includes gratuities.

And if you compare the rest of NCL's freestyle perks, they are all inferior vs X.

200 OBC only for excursions in NCL vs 300 OBC to spend anywhere for X, unlimited internet for X vs only 250 mins for NCL

And with the $200 perk it's $50 max credit per port, no embarkation or debarkation port so basically $25 off per person first two in a stateroom for max four ports on a 14 night sailing. Since the excursions are about double the cost of booking on your own not the best perk to choose.

If the free internet perk is chosen on a 14 night sailing it amounts to a whopping 17.85 minutes of free internet per day. But no activation fee charged like with the other packages.

The speciality dining perk for a 14 night sailing includes 6 dinners total and need to pay up charges for certain items along with the $39 gratuity fee on the free package plus an additional 18% for any up charge item you want.

The $7.95 room service fee isn't much fun either.

And with the $200 perk it's $50 max credit per port, no embarkation or debarkation port so basically $25 off per person first two in a stateroom for max four ports on a 14 night sailing. Since the excursions are about double the cost of booking on your own not the best perk to choose.

If the free internet perk is chosen on a 14 night sailing it amounts to a whopping 17.85 minutes of free internet per day. But no activation fee charged like with the other packages.

The speciality dining perk for a 14 night sailing includes 6 dinners total and need to pay up charges for certain items along with the $39 gratuity fee on the free package plus an additional 18% for any up charge item you want.

The $7.95 room service fee isn't much fun either.

Correct, the recent "give me money" practices of NCL has resulted me cruising RCCL and Celebrity instead of RCCL and NCL.. even if I am just 2 sailings away from Platinum with NCL.

So I ended up taking only 1 cruise with NCL next year instead of the planned 2.

And that 1 NCL cruise I will take is because it links to my 2nd cruise with RCCL schedule wise just one day apart, enabling me to save on airfare going to Europe by taking 1 NCL and 1 RCCL cruise in just one Europe trip.

I noticed that it states that classic members are eligible for 50% off on the deposit. Does that mean I only have to put down $12.50 pp? Even at that I'm not compelled to book anything.

Never got that email. I have been waiting for the Thanksgiving deals. The reduced deposit may be an attraction for some people. It is the season when money can become tight. Looking for some real reductions in cruise fares. The extra cruise points are not an attraction to me since I am elite plus. Zenith is more than 2000 points away and is really not a goal. Looking to book a family cruise with kids. Family cruise with kids can be expensive. HAL is doing kids free on many cruises. As much as I like Celebrity, I may book a family cruise on HAL. Does Celebrity ever do kids sail free? My TA said to wait until January Wave Sales. Last year we got some very good deals in January and also on President's Day.