evening attire ?

hlsess

yes I know it is freestyle and you can wear what you want but do most dress decent at night-nice shirts/blazer for men and dresses/ nice pants for ladies- Or do you see people in mainly jeans/tshirts- my mother insists that my son brings a navy blazer....and I've told her times it is a casual cruise!! We will be on The Epic over Christmas

Edited by hlsess

I don't take much notice of what other people are wearing, but I'd say that anyone wearing a blazer would be in the minority. Most common is nice trousers and a casual shirt, but I'd say that jeans/shorts generally outnumber jackets.

In the speciality restaurants there are often more people dressed up a bit more, but I'd still say that trousers and shirts are the most common.

yes I know it is freestyle and you can wear what you want but do most dress decent at night-nice shirts/blazer for men and dresses/ nice pants for ladies- Or do you see people in mainly jeans/tshirts- my mother insists that my son brings a navy blazer....and I've told her times it is a casual cruise!! We will be on The Epic over Christmas

Jeans only for me. I don't care what others wear but I am super casual.

It can be half and half, yes some people still want to play dress up lol. Others like myself just wear what they would regularly wear.

Sad to say, but last year on the Sun - MDR guests often dined in tee shirts & shorts. Not a deal closer, but a little uncomfortable[emoji19]

I personally don't do shorts and tshirts but why would that make you uncomfortable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess some don't appreciate the more relaxed dress code. Wear blinkers if you must, but concentrate only on what's important to you, your loved one/partner in crime/silly sidekick... whatever and whomever it might be. Stop with the "oh how can I enjoy my dinner when sitting next to someone wearing that" :eek:

We love being able to wear what we're comfortable in and yes, it's usually nice top and slacks for me and nice dress shirt and pants for DH but I have no idea what those next to us are wearing, nor do I care.

I guess some don't appreciate the more relaxed dress code. Wear blinkers if you must, but concentrate only on what's important to you, your loved one/partner in crime/silly sidekick... whatever and whomever it might be. Stop with the "oh how can I enjoy my dinner when sitting next to someone wearing that" :eek:

We love being able to wear what we're comfortable in and yes, it's usually nice top and slacks for me and nice dress shirt and pants for DH but I have no idea what those next to us are wearing, nor do I care.

Some people appreciate a nicer atmosphere and ambiance when they are dining. Nothing wrong with that.

Sad to say, but last year on the Sun - MDR guests often dined in tee shirts & shorts. Not a deal closer, but a little uncomfortable[emoji19]

Why would you focus on what other people choose to wear?

I personally don't do shorts and tshirts but why would that make you uncomfortable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly

How old is your son, and does he like to dress up? Would more people tend to dress up on a Christmas Cruise? My husband never brings a blazer or suit on cruises. He'll wear a pair of dress pants, a button down collar shirt, and a necktie for cruises on Royal Caribbean. On NCL, he might not wear the tie.

How old is your son, and does he like to dress up? Would more people tend to dress up on a Christmas Cruise? My husband never brings a blazer or suit on cruises. He'll wear a pair of dress pants, a button down collar shirt, and a necktie for cruises on Royal Caribbean. On NCL, he might not wear the tie.

He is almost 21. Happy to dress up but doesn't want him to look too nice. My mother can't seem to understand how casual it is. She goes on small shios where you dress each night. Thank goodness she isn't coming !!