Sea Day Brunch - Do you go?

MisterFidgetpants

Do you go to SeaDay Brunch  

334 members have voted

1. 1. Do you go to SeaDay Brunch

• Yes, go to Sea Day Brunch
    • No, do not go to Sea Day Brunch

Did anybody else have to sit at a big long table, like a cafeteria?

Nope, we have been sat at a round table for 8 or 10 before and also been sat by ourselves.

We always go and get steak and eggs and fresh pineapple juice. We asked if we could get the juice anywhere else as its our favorite and comes free in Mdr and was told the atrium bar has it but it cost 4.95 a glass. So we started bringing out large tumbler and filling it up before we leave the Mdr. [emoji12]

Great idea! I love pineapple juice, and I may do this next cruise!

Edited by pirate4me2

We used to go every sea day; but our last couple of cruises, we only went one time. I am getting a little tired of the menu and sometimes the service in the dining room has been a little slow. Other times, however, it has been better. I guess it just depends on my mood; sometimes I want to eat and get it over with, and get on with other things.

Agreed. The steak is good but not all the stuff it comes with.

Did anybody else have to sit at a big long table, like a cafeteria?

You could have asked to be seated at your own table. We wish we had on our last cruise. Of course, we were seated at a round table for 10. Not a long table like a cafeteria.

We went on the Miracle a year ago. It was fine. Not bad, but nothing really special about it. Not really sure what the fuss is all about. It's just brunch (?)

Better than fighting the lido crowd for lunch on port days.

27926-profile.png

my-cruise-countdown.aspx?dat=01%2F11%2F2016&dest=M&ship=ISMy Cruise Countdown | I'm sailing to Mexico on 01/11/2016 aboard the Carnival Inspiration! Visit Carnival.com to see all Mexico cruises

I cruise for Creme brulee, chocolate melting cake and lobster!

I prefer to go to the MDR and order off a menu every chance I get. It's really rare to find me in the buffet unless I'm getting some kind of dessert.

In fact on sea days and since I'm an early riser, I go to breakfast as soon as the dining room is open and go back just before they close for lunch type items.

I like it and go but wish it wasn't all sea days - I miss regular MDR breakfast. I am not a buffet fan, and really only eat lunch there, depending on Guys Burgers and the MDR menu. Depending on the cruise and the port of call times it is sometimes unrealistic to do MDR breakfast on port days because we have to be off the ship for an excursion before we can be done.

On our last 3 cruises it rotates between Burnch & MDR lunch, not brunch every day

We usually go both sea days, but normally just go for eggs Benedict or something similar. Never tried the desserts though. That's something I want to do on the next cruise. Wonder if they allow take outs?

The banana cream pie is so good! My son is campaigning to go more than once a day just so he can have BC pie after breakfast AND lunch. Oh, to have the metabolism of a 15 year old boy!

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 12/28/2015 at 4:05 AM, momof3cruisers said:

The banana cream pie is so good! My son is campaigning to go more than once a day just so he can have BC pie after breakfast AND lunch. Oh, to have the metabolism of a 15 year old boy!

I went to Sea Day Brunch on my last cruise.  It was so good!  The steak was tender and juicy, the potatoes were crispy, and the vegetables were flavorful.  The only meh part was the eggs; they were too runny for my taste.

48693722063_fdbef93079.jpg

I also had banana cream pie for dessert (not pictured).  It was as good as you described.

Love the seaday brunch.  Hubbs and I are early risers (0600, yea I know, but its us) , so have room service coffee/croissants.  Then do brunch around 11ish.  Love the steak and eggs.  That and a bloody mary and i'm good for the rest of the day :classic_biggrin:

baf

Love, love, love the sea day brunch! As it's only given on sea days, and our cruise was a 5 day, we only had 2 brunches. The menu is amazing with lots of variety, and plenty to eat. Also it gives us an opportunity to sleep in and get up when we feel like it, take our time getting ready, and head out to the brunch. Wouldn't miss it for the world. 

We like Sea Day Brunch and enjoy the atmosphere and food.
It is nice that you can still get breakfast type food until 1PM.

My favorite was the Frittata and also the Parfait and the Chia Seed Pudding, while Cupcake always likes a good Omelette!

When we don't feel like waiting around, we hit the Omelette Station on the Lido and grab some French Toast as well!

I went ahead and attached the current menu (we just got off the Vista on the 12th.) as well as pics of the parfait, chia seed pudding and the frittata.

IMG_6512.JPG

IMG_6515.JPG

IMG_6514.JPG

IMG_6634.JPG

Edited by Chervil
  • Like 1

On 12/7/2015 at 4:04 PM, MisterFidgetpants said:

This was a definite hit from our recent trip. REALLY enjoyed Sea Day Brunch. I thought it was one of the best meals I've had on any cruise line in recent years and I thought Carnival did a great job. We went in the morning and it wasn't busy at all; which makes we wonder how many really take advantage of this?

I hope Carnival continues it, it was really nice!

We decided to try it three cruises ago and it’s one of our favorite parts of a cruise now. The steak and eggs are also my favorite.