No daily water in Aqua class per Corp email to ship

TJW

Hi guys..

maybe we'll see you on Princess

hcat and Sal

Never found Princess as good as Celebrity. Found it to be very crowded, especially on Sea days, buffet IMO perhaps the most meager of all cruise lines, food overall fair and entertainment not great. I think Carnival, The parent company of Princess is a better value and now above Princess, IMO

Well, you know what opinions are like heh[emoji38]

We all have one, and every right to do so I guess.

Subject had no reference to anyone's opinion if one line was better verses another, but was on the issue of promised perks and cuts in them as well as other apparent cuts at the line in question.

Probably enough chatter on this whole subject for me, not likely to make much difference anyway.

Edited by dennbr9

Uh oh

sorry to have just read that Princess is having it's own "Watergate"

...removing water from certain packages and having staff hawk water in the dinng rooms, and before excursions...

Must be alot of profit in water sales!

At $4 a bottle I would say that there is quite a big profit margin built in.

Edited by Iamcruzin

Some cruisecritic friends were involved in the recent suite issue, where their suite booking had originally included some specialty dinners for certain suite categories, but then learned X withdrew that amenity ... and also felt the change post-booking was not fair. They eventually had the comp dinners restored for cruises already booked.

They suggested that contact with the Resolutions Dept might be helpful as it was in their case. I may try to contact resolutions via telephone or e mail on Monday. Maybe they can help restore amenities that existed at time of booking. We have 3 affected bookings..

Obviously going forward, we will have to bring on our own water and supplement from the bars.

Has anyone tried the Resolutions Dept?

You know, if we could just snag a traveler bottle of water when we need it that be fine IMHO

I liked the suggestion that you ask for it to be delivered, like the canapés in CC and Suites.

Less waste, everybody's happy.

I'll report back occasionally throughout January and February when we're aboard the Summit, including the first four weeks in Aqua! :p

BTW We have enjoyed EVERY Celebrity cruise we've ever been on and are sooooo looking forward to this "test".

Can we enjoy our retirement winters (up coming... not now) on a cruise ship? I'm not kidding.

Bottled water isn't a big enough thing to sway us one way or the other, and eight to twelve weeks each winter away from Montreal's winter is all we need....

We'll see....

Edited by A Sixth?

Based on discussion with Aqua guests in the Equinox...I'm currently on board....the change is viewed as both petty and cheap. Celebrity really should rethink this change and quickly if the plan to try to keep the Aqua pricing premiums because other than blu, there's not much there....and actually blu service and food is very close to the mdr these days as waiters, wine stewards get stretched more and more.

Based on discussion with Aqua guests in the Equinox...I'm currently on board....the change is viewed as both petty and cheap. Celebrity really should rethink this change and quickly if the plan to try to keep the Aqua pricing premiums because other than blu, there's not much there....and actually blu service and food is very close to the mdr these days as waiters, wine stewards get stretched more and more.

Sorry to hear your feedback about BLU..hoping we do ok with it...just a few more weeks to go!

We did 22 days in Blu on Reflection in late October and early November and thought everything was very good. Some waiters better than others for sure, but overall was up to par.

Still looking forward to 21 more days in Blu from Mid January to early February on Equinox. We have 29 more days booked there next fall and the following Winter. Of course, if I think it things begin to change for the worse changes can be made.

Edited by dennbr9

Once again I will repeat have any of you had your Travel Agents contact Celebrity and get them in writing to reinstate the amenities you booked with? You booked with X amenities as a condition of your booking, they can't take those away.

Bitching about it CC and trying to deal with it onboard is not gonna do squat.... You have paid for certain amenities and you need to get it dealt with and acknowledged in writing.

How is the rest of your cruise going?

Once again I will repeat have any of you had your Travel Agents contact Celebrity and get them in writing to reinstate the amenities you booked with? You booked with X amenities as a condition of your booking, they can't take those away.

Bitching about it CC and trying to deal with it onboard is not gonna do squat.... You have paid for certain amenities and you need to get it dealt with and acknowledged in writing.

We booked diretly with X but I am going to try and reach the Resolutions Dept...3 of our upcoming cruises were booked with daily water deliv...

Edited by hcat

Some cruisecritic friends were involved in the recent suite issue, where their suite booking had originally included some specialty dinners for certain suite categories, but then learned X withdrew that amenity ... and also felt the change post-booking was not fair. They eventually had the comp dinners restored for cruises already booked.

They suggested that contact with the Resolutions Dept might be helpful as it was in their case. I may try to contact resolutions via telephone or e mail on Monday. Maybe they can help restore amenities that existed at time of booking. We have 3 affected bookings..

Obviously going forward, we will have to bring on our own water and supplement from the bars.

Has anyone tried the Resolutions Dept?

I did. And by now I stopped holding by breath...:D

Is it on your invoice of included amenities? If it is then you should still get it!

My wife and I just completed a cruise in Aqua class. Still not home. We were very surprised as well as most Aqua Class cruisers about the elimination of bottled water. To most people, it made no difference whether they had the beverage package or not, the were mad. I complained directly to two senior Officers on board. Celebrity is in the business to make money and keep the Royal Caribbean shareholders and Executives / board members happy. All the little cuts add up for the average cruiser. My wife and I already had 3 more Aqua bookings in the future not aware of this new policy. I know some of you could care less, but I believe most of us are not happy with the direction Celebrity's continued cuts have on our cruise experience. You should let Celebrity Executives know how you as a customer feel. Im not for bashing anyone. Constructively let them know you and many other customers are dissatisfied.