Alternative to Formal nights on Oasis?

Doing a six night cruise on Oasis in October 2016. We have done formal on other lines, and just over it, but want to follow the guidelines too.

Is the formal night policy enforced in other dining venues (Johnny Rockets or the Italian, Giovannis ?) on formal night ? Or is the buffet the only non-formal dinner option?

Is is okay to attend shows later in non-formal attire, we will probably be wearing polo shirts and long khaki pants. thanks.

Doing a six night cruise on Oasis in October 2016. We have done formal on other lines, and just over it, but want to follow the guidelines too.

Is the formal night policy enforced in other dining venues (Johnny Rockets or the Italian, Giovannis ?) on formal night ? Or is the buffet the only non-formal dinner option?

Is is okay to attend shows later in non-formal attire, we will probably be wearing polo shirts and long khaki pants. thanks.

Specialty restaurants are smart casual every night.

I was told by a rep that no coat or tie for men is required any longer on Royal Caribbean ships -- specifically Oasis is what I asked about for 'formal' night -- including Main Dining Room -- a collared shirt and nice slacks rather than jeans.

Have any of you recently been on Oasis and found this to be the case? Will help not to pack a jacket and tie if not needed.

Thanks!

I was told by a rep that no coat or tie for men is required any longer on Royal Caribbean ships -- specifically Oasis is what I asked about for 'formal' night -- including Main Dining Room -- a collared shirt and nice slacks rather than jeans.

Have any of you recently been on Oasis and found this to be the case? Will help not to pack a jacket and tie if not needed.

Thanks!

You will see all kinds of attire in the dining rooms on formal and other nights. Royal does not enforce any dress suggestions, except maybe no shorts at dinner, but even that is not enforced all the time.

Thanks!

They are not going to send you away dressed as you have written.

Thanks!

We were on the Oasis last month- You will be fine with that

Edited by molly361

We were on the Oasis in September and it seems that anything goes. People came in tux, suits, slacks and shirt or polos, even saw people with shorts and tanks.

As another post says, dress nice if you want to take a formal picture, otherwise, casual is fine and comfortable.

This is what is so nice about Dynamic Dining that was not so popular with so many on this forum. It gave one restaurant "The Grande" where those who wanted to dress formal could do that with everyone around them dressed that way and the rest that didn't went to the other restaurants. I still love Dynamic Dining and people shouldnt knock it until they try it. They even have Classic Dynamic Dining now where you keep the same servers and dining mates.

This is what is so nice about Dynamic Dining that was not so popular with so many on this forum. It gave one restaurant "The Grande" where those who wanted to dress formal could do that with everyone around them dressed that way and the rest that didn't went to the other restaurants. I still love Dynamic Dining and people shouldnt knock it until they try it. They even have Classic Dynamic Dining now where you keep the same servers and dining mates.

Except people still think they can get in to Grande without formal attire, which is terrible IMO, and apparently Royal lets some things slide. If there is a designated formal dining room (along with three others dining rooms that are casual every night), people need to follow the dress code and Royal needs to enforce it.

I understand Royal being lax with dress code on the ship with one MDR because it is essentially the only free sit-down place for dinner. But on a ship where there are other free casual sit-down options, there is no excuse.

Except people still think they can get in to Grande without formal attire, which is terrible IMO, and apparently Royal lets some things slide. If there is a designated formal dining room (along with three others dining rooms that are casual every night), people need to follow the dress code and Royal needs to enforce it.

I understand Royal being lax with dress code on the ship with one MDR because it is essentially the only free sit-down place for dinner. But on a ship where there are other free casual sit-down options, there is no excuse.

Well over 90 percent were formal on last month's cruise and we are going again in 3 weeks so I will keep my eye open on this and see.

Well over 90 percent were formal on last month's cruise and we are going again in 3 weeks so I will keep my eye open on this and see.

I'm super glad to hear this.

I have no personal experience as I haven't been on the Anthem, but I was just basing this on a thread and a few other reports I've read.

Hopefully the 90% number remains intact.

I'm super glad to hear this.

I have no personal experience as I haven't been on the Anthem, but I was just basing this on a thread and a few other reports I've read.

Hopefully the 90% number remains intact.

lol......This went on the wrong dress thread.....

Thanks!

In the MDR and elsewhere on Oasis on formal nights the above will be absolutely fine. :)

When we were on Oasis in March, they were offering 50% off specialty restaurants on the first night and both formal nights, and they were offering it as soon as we boarded. We took advantage of the offer since we hadn't brought fancy clothes with us anyway. YMMV on whether they offer it on your cruise but it could be worth asking.

We were on the Indy a few weeks ago. When we told our waiter that we wouldn't be at dinner on formal night he told us that dressing up was optional now. All of us ended up wearing pants (I wouldn't let anyone wear jeans), and polo shirts and didn't feel out of place. The crowd was mixed with suits and fancy dresses next to others dressed like us. It was kind of a relief because there were 8 of us including a 4 year old and a toddler. The kids did better at a regular dinner than the Windjammer, and we didn't have to struggle to find a large enough table to eat.

We enjoy going to the specialty restaurants on formal night. Makes it that much more special and enjoy dressing to the nines for the occasion. :)

Currently on Freedom. DH packed his tux, tux accessories, dress shoes, etc. But forgot his tux shirt!! :eek: Luckily had long sleeve shirts and ties along,

but he missed going as James Bond! Don't have to take his tux to the cleaners this time. :p :p

Edited by island lady