New name for Aqua Class required!

Mynki

Excellent post. Have you expressed your opinions regarding the elimination of the daily delivery of bottled water? Just spoke with a Captain's Club rep regarding the bottled water situation and she told me to use: celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com

We tend to not make a big deal out of little things. But we do have another 14 day cruise booked in Aqua and are considering canceling. It is not because of the water issue ( since we had the premium drink package we just replaced the cheap missing water with Peligrino and Perrier which cost X money). But we are now wondering with the price increases and cut backs if we would prefer a more upscale line. Another option is replace the X booking with a Haven Suite on Norwegian where you get many amenities. We are equal opportunity cruisers (have been on 14 lines) and always look at price/ benefit.

Hank

Hank: We also try not to make a big deal of little things. But booking a cabin with certain amenities and then not receiving that amenity is not a little thing. You are precisely the type of passenger who needs to express your opinion to Celebrity when you comment about price increases versus cut backs and also wonder/re-evaluate your future with Celebrity.

Quite frankly, we are Elite+ with Celebrity with over 1800 loyalty points. We have ten future Celebrity cruises booked for 2016 and 2017 (but since one of those cruises is only a two night it may be more accurate to state that we have nine future cruises). But given some of the recent actions I wonder if we will cancel at least some of those bookings.

Doesn't anyone drink the tap water or the ice cold water from the melted ice in the ice bucket? I don't recall ever drinking a bottle of water on a cruise. I think the tap water is delicious.

We might bring a bottle of water on an excursion, but generally we buy as we need on excursions, or the tour operator gives us water.

Celebrity is not getting rid of bottled water. They are getting rid of FREE bottled water (or more accurately, what used to be included for AQ passengers). They don't care how many bottles you buy and pollute the environment.

Bottom line, I find it amazing that people that don't book Aqua Class and had paid a premium for that category tell you it is no big deal about taking away a perk you were promised at booking and you should drink tap water. Very disappointing that Celebrity may continue down this road of taking away perks that you were promised at booking. I guess that the folks that think it is not a big deal to remove the water perk will be in for a bigger surprise when Celebrity takes away perks that they were promised when they booked. When it effects them it will be different.

Edited by happy 2 b cruising

Bottled water is one of the most environmentally unfriendly products one can buy. Kudos to X for getting rid of it.

Well, I wouldn't give you an argument if I really believed that to be their motive - alas I very much doubt that it is. I think more likely its penny-pinching pure and simple. Very much at odds with the 'Modern Luxury' slogan.

Bottled water is one of the most environmentally unfriendly products one can buy. Kudos to X for getting rid of it.

Aqua Class should be called what it is... Spa Class.

This makes me laugh. I'm not sure people who fly around the globe to board large gas guzzling ships for no better reason than their own entertainment are in much of a position to play 'tree hugger'. :D

Maybe Celebrity determined that bottled water was not a reason people booted AQ cabins.

When I was running a company, we checked with customers to see what they valued and also checked on what they used to verify and we made changes over time to provide 'value' that was really used.

I can't imagine I would book AQ for bottled water, thus cannot imagine not booking AQ for not having water.

I do understand that bottled water can be a nice perk though.

They could have just made the water "on request" those that want it get it, those that don't don't!

bottom line is if when you book they say youre going to get something and then you don't that is not right.

Interesting to see where this all ends.....

bottom line is if when you book they say youre going to get something and then you don't that is not right.

Bottled water or not, we love Aqua class.

With regards to eliminating a perceived perk when you reserve a future cruise, you should read your contract! I understand that having bottled water in your room is a "deal breaker" for you. If you are not comfortable with the language in the contract that states Celebrity reserves the right to change amenities in the future, then don't sign the contract for a future cruise.

I find that if you talk to the Hotel Director on board in a very pleasant, non-confrontational way, he can make miracles happen. That is what happened to us when we mentioned in an off-handed way that we missed the fresh flowers in our room and next time we would plan ahead and bring our own flowers aboard. The very next morning, we had a beautiful bouquet in our room, compliments of the Hotel Director! ;)

They could have just made the water "on request" those that want it get it, those that don't don't!

Interesting to see where this all ends.....

Agree. My DH mostly drinks bottled water and when I mentioned this change, he thought it was a poor decision.

Edited by Jade13

Bottled water or not, we love Aqua class.

With regards to eliminating a perceived perk when you reserve a future cruise, you should read your contract! I understand that having bottled water in your room is a "deal breaker" for you. If you are not comfortable with the language in the contract that states Celebrity reserves the right to change amenities in the future, then don't sign the contract for a future cruise.

...... ;)

A perceived perk? It is stated in black and white and marketed as such.

So, if they suddenly changed access to Blu that you paid for would be OK because that's the contract you sign?

A perceived perk? It is stated in black and white and marketed as such.

So, if they suddenly changed access to Blu that you paid for would be OK because that's the contract you sign?

I wouldn't be happy about it but I would only have myself to blame because the contract clearly states that conditions are subject to change without prior notification. I was upset when they eliminated fresh flowers in the Concierge class and above staterooms without prior notification to me. But I didn't let it ruin my cruise vacation which was excellent. I just purchased a nice bouquet from the ship's florist for $25 of OBC (which was nicer than the "free" flowers) and learned from the experience. Now I purchase a bouquet from the grocery store for $20 before I board. If bottled water becomes that important to me, I'll just bring my own aboard (I am not a fan of bottled water because the ship's desalinated water is often safer to drink than bottled - I have some technical expertise in this area).

I wouldn't be happy about it but I would only have myself to blame because the contract clearly states that conditions are subject to change without prior notification. I....

"you only have yourself to blame" - You're very forgiving! No wonder Celebrity pulls these stunts! :D

I think in the UK we have more consumer protection around these matters.

I wouldn't be happy about it but I would only have myself to blame because the contract clearly states that conditions are subject to change without prior notification.

You have got to be kidding, right? If they decided that they would eliminate food because the contract "clearly states that conditions are subject to change without prior notification", that would be OK with you? :confused:

I didn't book AquaClass for the bottled water. We did receive 2 bottles at the beginning of the cruise, but they were not replaced. I booked for the other perks like the shower, room location, and dining in Blu. It was great, and I will return to AquaClass on my next Celebrity cruise.

I did upgrade my booking from Classic Beverage Package to Premium Beverage Package for $162.00. This entitled my wife and I unlimited large bottles of Evian water.

You have got to be kidding, right? If they decided that they would eliminate food because the contract "clearly states that conditions are subject to change without prior notification", that would be OK with you? :confused:

No, I am not kidding, are you? No, it would not be okay with me. However, we are all big boys now and when you sign a Future Cruise contract it is legally binding. If you don't like the wording in the contract, then don't sign it until it has the wording you can accept (BTW all cruise lines have the same wording in their contracts). You have the option of opting out of your contract 75 to 90 days prior to your cruise with no penalties. Otherwise book your cruise at the last minute so you can be sure that you will have a bottle of water in your Aqua stateroom. If I heard that the BLU restaurant was going to be eliminated 75 days prior to my cruise, I would have to decide whether I wanted to cancel my contract or not.

Why let a bottle of water ruin your vacation? I have always found that if you speak to the Ship's Hotel Director in a non-confrontational manner about a bottle of water, he would be happy to accommodate you - regardless of what your contract says. I now bring my own flowers aboard because they were eliminated from Concierge/Aqua staterooms a couple of years ago. Yes, it costs me $20, but I am now paying about $100 less for that Aqua stateroom than I did a couple of years ago when all the additional perks are added in. And nowhere has it been suggested that BLU dining was being eliminated, we are talking about a bottle of water!

Edited by El Crucero

The bottled water in AQ was again different from the other brands sold on board. If it was some sort of premium water (I have no idea, can't recall the name but it had a blue top), I am perfectly happy with them replacing it with the Crystal Geyser or any other basic brand.

We did use all our water.

But that is not the point...we booked when it was a listed perk, and I expect to receive it!

Actually on our last 2 cruises - Equinox - Carib and Silhouette- TA, we had Italian mineral water - not carbonated, but still at $.25/ ea.

Are the spa's no longer called Aqua Spas? If so then the name for the Spa class cabins do not need to be renamed.

I'd guess the reason for ending the free bottled water has as much to do about waste and waste disposal (recycling) as it is the cost of the water itself. Not to mention the time and labor to load it and the space to store it aboard.

Would you think they will take that on consideration when they design AQ class and their amenities???

Celebrity is not getting rid of bottled water. They are getting rid of FREE bottled water (or more accurately, what used to be included for AQ passengers). They don't care how many bottles you buy and pollute the environment.

Who said it is FREE? AQ price is about 50% higher than balcony....

No, I am not kidding, are you? No, it would not be okay with me. However, we are all big boys now and when you sign a Future Cruise contract it is legally binding. If you don't like the wording in the contract, then don't sign it until it has the wording you can accept (BTW all cruise lines have the same wording in their contracts). You have the option of opting out of your contract 75 to 90 days prior to your cruise with no penalties. Otherwise book your cruise at the last minute so you can be sure that you will have a bottle of water in your Aqua stateroom. If I heard that the BLU restaurant was going to be eliminated 75 days prior to my cruise, I would have to decide whether I wanted to cancel my contract or not.

Why let a bottle of water ruin your vacation? I have always found that if you speak to the Ship's Hotel Director in a non-confrontational manner about a bottle of water, he would be happy to accommodate you - regardless of what your contract says. I now bring my own flowers aboard because they were eliminated from Concierge/Aqua staterooms a couple of years ago. Yes, it costs me $20, but I am now paying about $100 less for that Aqua stateroom than I did a couple of years ago when all the additional perks are added in. And nowhere has it been suggested that BLU dining was being eliminated, we are talking about a bottle of water!

Please tell me how to obtain a cruise contract before final payment, so I can evaluate all potential " we have the right to cancel or change" or "we no longer" written in small print of the contract. Usually I get a contract 30 - 45 days before my cruise. By then - it is way too late to cancel if I don't like something in the contract.