The dinner menu used to include the following always available items:

• Shrimp Cocktail
  • Caesar Salad
  • Salmon
  • Chicken
  • Beef Medallions
  • Tri-Tip
  • Hamburger

With the three Curtis Stone dishes added to the always available items I would like to know what items were removed and what is the current list of always available items?

Off the Royal a week ago. Items removed from always available were the salmon, beef medallions, tori tip & I think the hamburger. Shrimp cocktail, Caesar Salad & chicken were definitely still there. Two of the Curtis Stone items were Mahi Mahi and Pork Tenderloin. I can't remember the third - we didn't try any of them. The changes are not an improvement in my opinion.

The hamburger disappeared from the Royal menu in October but the rest of the items mentioned above were still there. I would frequently have that, the beef medallions, or chicken so I'm hoping they don't all disappear.

Since the hamburger is on the Kid's Menu, it's always available. :)

Since the hamburger is on the Kid's Menu, it's always available. :)
The hamburger on the Kid's Menu is not the same as the always available hamburger. Each night there was a different topping and one night DW throughly enjoyed the "Oscar" version topped with asparagus, crab meat and Hollandaise sauce.

The hamburger on the Kid's Menu is not the same as the always available hamburger. Each night there was a different topping and one night DW throughly enjoyed the "Oscar" version topped with asparagus, crab meat and Hollandaise sauce.

That's the one that I would usually have, minus the bread. Very tasty.

Well I hope Princess gets lots of complaints about NO SALMON!. I will really miss it. I will be putting that on my after cruise survey for sure. They have already taken it off most of the Embarkation day lunch menus, unless you got lucky and your ship did not have the newer abbreviated menu :(

Am I the only one not excited about Curtis Stone, what is it about him?

Well I hope Princess gets lots of complaints about NO SALMON!. I will really miss it. I will be putting that on my after cruise survey for sure. They have already taken it off most of the Embarkation day lunch menus, unless you got lucky and your ship did not have the newer abbreviated menu :(

A faux celebrity chef.

Just off the Emerald. I missed the salmon being offered nightly. One night it was offered and my waiter talked me out of it! Then when it was not on the menu another night I really regretted not getting it. Most nights they had the Caribbean shrimp cocktail (I think that is what it is called) and not the regular shrimp cocktail with the red ketchup sauce.

I am not a fan of Curtis Stone. After seeing him on Celebrity Apprentice, I don't care for him. He came off as full of himself and kinda jerky. I think he really plays up that accent. And a little trivia - his wife was on Beverly Hills, 90210.

I think the negative comments about Curtis Stone are very unfair, especially coming from those who have not yet tried the food. If you've tried it and didn't like it, that's another matter entirely. But to dismiss something new because you don't think you will like it is premature at best.

Just off the Island Princess yesterday. The three Curtis Stone always available entries were mahi mahi, flank steak and some kind of pork. Problem is they all come with some sides that seemed strange to us.

I'm kind of a meat-and-potatoes-and-vegetables guy (unless I'm having Italian or Mexican or Asian), but all these dishes came with plantains, or black beans or something that didn't seem to go with the meat. I ordered the pork one night, and it was not a memorable dinner. My wife ordered the mahi one night, and it was all a plate full of gray stuff. Didn't look like something a high-caliber chef dreamed up.

Jim

Edited by jasbo49

I think the negative comments about Curtis Stone are very unfair, especially coming from those who have not yet tried the food. If you've tried it and didn't like it, that's another matter entirely. But to dismiss something new because you don't think you will like it is premature at best.

Comments about Curtis Stone as a personality don't depend on eating his MDR food. It's possible to see the guy on TV and decide he's not all that. It is also not unreasonable to object to something someone likes (the salmon) being removed from the menu. I don't think anyone has said "I have never tasted his endive foam, but I really hate it." I think what people say is more like "I don't like endive foam and I don't think I'll like it any better if Curtis Stone does the foaming." Of course, I have absolutely no idea what endive foam is, but apparently it's a hot item on a Stone menu. :p

Correct, the flank steak and pork tenderloin were available every night. I'm guessing the mahi mahi was too, but I honestly don't remember it. The pork tenderloin was OK, nothing great. I always associate flank steak as a "lesser" cut and didn't try it. I know one of our table mates got it, but don't know what they thought of it.

I didn't realize that these were the big fancy chef items. The special chef desserts were good.

Honestly, the things they took off the menu sound better to me than the new items!