MDR Breakfast .. Stinks .. Why All The Love On Here ?

F27TW

I just read yet another trip report that talked about how bad the MDR breakfast experience is. And in my own experience its been terrible too .. every time.

Long waits for barely mediocre food .. surly, disinterested servers .. food arriving cold .. small portions.. toast that was like cardboard from having been toasted hours before .. warm juice, etc etc ..

MDR breakfast pretty much stinks ... yet there are are still people on here that rave about the experience and tell people not to miss it.

Why?

We gave up eating breakfast in the dining room years ago. We found the exact same problems. Unless you get lucky and get you're regular waiter it is a terrible experience. Don't know why they don't address the problems.

Don't forget the part about sitting with strangers who you have nothing in common with or don't even speak the same language.

I hate it but SO loves it for some reason, so I (grudgingly) go.at least once per cruise.

For breakfast? Can't you just walk in a request a table just for the number in your party?

I have always enjoyed breakfastin MDR, but that was Carnival, will see what Royal Caribbean has to offer. As far as strangers concerned, learn something new, another point of view, always enjoyed that.

Not at breakfast ... strangers ?! .. I aint chatty in the morning .. esp while I'm drinking bad coffee and tryin to get thru the rubber eggs and bacon!

We ate breakfast once in the MDR. We liked that you could get an omlet without having to wait in line, but we missed the flexibility of getting many different types of food at the Windjammer. Overall we preferred the buffet for breakfast.

I like the MDR breakfast for being able to get poached eggs, but I don't like how long the whole process takes.

RCI breakfast is uniformly terrible in all venues. Throw a dart and pick any other cruiseline and I guarantee their breakfast is better.

I have had no issue getting a good breakfast in the Windjammer, especially on ships with an omelet station. And on Oasis and Allure I have found the solarium cafe to be a very good venue to choose.

I don't get this love fest with breakfast in the MDR either. But then, I don't particularly like the MDR experience, period.

Agree -- and with each cruise, I'm less impressed by MDR dinner .. the cutbacks on everything are becoming glaring now.

I like the french toast in the MDR.....much better than the WJ.

The wait in the MDR for breakfast was much worse on my last cruise. First morning it was 45 mins from the time we sat down til we got our food. We were told the "Diamond Side" was faster so we tried that. Wrong! Same 45 mins.....

I have had no issue getting a good breakfast in the Windjammer, especially on ships with an omelet station. And on Oasis and Allure I have found the solarium cafe to be a very good venue to choose.

Of all the lines I've been on RCI is consistently the weakest in breakfast. It just isn't even close. Even NCL's MDR easily surpasses RCI for breakfast.

Of all the lines I've been on RCI is consistently the weakest in breakfast. It just isn't even close. Even NCL's MDR easily surpasses RCI for breakfast.

We've had good and bad on all four lines we've sailed that's why I can't take anyone the speaks in absolutes seriously. It just comes across as bitterness and lacking credibility.

On Oasis and Allure we like the Wipe-out cafe on the pool deck for our fresh made to order egg white and cheese omlets...............mmmmmmmmmmmm

I Hate egg beaters and it is so nice to have someone assist you in making a healthy breakfast! (Then we can drink all day:eek:)

Safe travels.

We've had good and bad on all four lines we've sailed that's why I can't take anyone the speaks in absolutes seriously. It just comes across as bitterness and lacking credibility.

oh please .... theres nothing wrong with expressing your opinion when you've experienced an "absolutely" crappy product.

We've never had that experience....our food has always been served hot, in any combination of foods you want....and while sit-down service does take a bit longer than the buffet, it's simply a nicer experience, IMO. I'm on vacation...not rushing to work!