New year on a the

sha88

Wow! We were on Mariner for NYE in 2010. Had seats outside of Vintages, good wine and no cover charge! :D

How long did you have to camp out to get the seat though. Obviously not everyone on the ship has the opportunity to experience that

Wow! :eek: I just booked the Allure for next year's holiday 10 night cruise. It is costing us a fortune but we feel it will be worth it as we will have all 3 of our kids with us. I had no idea they charged for NYE as the cruise fare was so high. I sure hope the aquatheater area or pool deck will do something for free. With shore excursions for 6 ports, we will be enjoying the drink package wandering aimlessly and floating in free hot tubs (I hope) that night!

Barb

I think these prices are crazy and uncalled for given the price of the trip. We were on Explorer 2 years ago for NYE and had a wonderful time without any additional charges. I also am sad to see Royal go this way trying to get every cent they can out of their passengers. Katherine

I agree with you, but keep in mind they don't need "everyone who cruises when them" to afford such nonsense. Even if only a few couples decide to bite the bullet and pay $1,000 each to celebrate in 270, RCI's made several thousand dollars more than they would have made otherwise... That's a win for them.

While I agree with your thinking, is it worth a few thousand dollars to appear to be gauging passangers on NYE ? If this type of news hit press and social media in a negative way Royal would think twice of doing it in the future.

These prices are pure greed and have nothing to do with crowd control.

How long did you have to camp out to get the seat though. Obviously not everyone on the ship has the opportunity to experience that

Not long at all.....plus we enjoyed a great bottle of Caymas Cabernet while enjoying the festivities before the ball dropped.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

I never had to "camp out" and always enjoyed wherever we found ourselves.

Great, but I can't get over the logistics of maybe 100 chairs on the promenade or Centrum and 2500 - 4000 bodies that might like a seat if there was one available. There is no equitable way to assign them other than reservations. I'm just a not were all in this together kind of guy.

Same idea for the aerial shows in the Centrum. Not enough seats, might as well take reservations

They're putting tables on the bridge over the RP? I do hope they're serving the snacks. Would hate to see the line at that buffet!

Does it also mean the rest of us schmoes would be banned from the RP that night?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sitting in 270 asking about new year on ship. The minimum reservation amount to spend new year at 270 is $1500 per couple in balcony. Front row main area seating going for $3000! Really so crazy. Bartender says get here early and grab bar chair....

Reservation includes Dom Peri champagne.

Sorry spell check messed up anthem word in topic post

Hey, sha, would you please report on the "Solarium Bistro", formerly known as Devinly Decadence?

What and when are they serving there?

Hey, sha, would you please report on the "Solarium Bistro", formerly known as Devinly Decadence?

What and when are they serving there?

Hi. Went for breakfast this morning. A small buffet with an option for made to order omlettes. Also fruit, breads, salmon, etc. it was okay and an alternative Windjammer crowds. Will try to check it out later in the day for other meal times,

Edited by sha88

Received an insert in our cruise planner that outlined a list of free venues for new year's eve. Most notably a Times Square New Year's Eve party poolside, decks 14 and 15 hosted by cruise director Abe Hughes. Like him a lot. Other free venues include Music Hall, Latin music in 270, so maybe there are some options for free seating there, not sure.

also resolutions with with Richard Ruben in Schooner Bar, Bubbles Bling party in Seaplex. A couple of after parties also scheduled. The insert does not mention any of the reserved pay options. All in all looks like several fun alternatives.

No mention of fireworks as previodly reported told to me by Johanna in 270. She is my favorite bartender.

Edited by sha88

Taking a short break before we head up to pool deck. Very festive atmosphere this evening. Seems all venues will have options for non paying reserved seating. Just watched the headliner show.. Ron Lucas ventriloquist. Too funny! Great show. Happy new year everyone!

This does look like fun. Although I wouldn't do a paid event, seeing this line up has me wanting to book a NYE cruise for 2017. Is it double the deposit for these cruises? I want to prepare myself for when they are released.

This does look like fun. Although I wouldn't do a paid event, seeing this line up has me wanting to book a NYE cruise for 2017. Is it double the deposit for these cruises? I want to prepare myself for when they are released.

No extra deposit. Just higher than usual fares. (unless for some bizarre reason it is not selling well)

And the final payment date is earlier: 90 days out.

On our final night of the Vision New Year's cruise making our way to Tampa.

We had a fantastic New year's evening starting with a special menu in dining room tied with a ribbon, party favours, crowns ,hats, beads, blowers etc.

Hubby had lobster I had the filet Mignon.

Afterwards the Centrum seating was cleared a little to make more dance space. We had a spot on the deck above. Enjoyed a bottle of Veuve Cliquot and stayed for the balloon drop then onwards to the pool deck party. I had such a fun time I left my voice in 2015 !!!!

The HD Sanjay is one of the best. He organised events the whole cruise and today there was a pool deck splash party whereby they had the hosepipes spraying above the dance floor with Captain Marek and his officers doing line dancing getting soaked with guests joining in.

It was fun to watch and a blast for participants.