New year on a the

sha88

We just got off Anthem yesterday so my 2 cents on the New Year celebration. The party up on the pool deck with the countdown and the Northstar going down was AWESOME!!! Very crowded though. Seaplex glow party looked like a lot of fun also.

I thought having brunch till 2 pm (or later?) on New Years day was an excellent idea with a lot of people sleeping in after all the partying. If only it could work :( First we wait to get a table at American Icon, then we sit down and wait to get our order taken. Then we wait some more. We only got one of the items we ordered and already breakfast was taking us over an hour so that's when we just got up and left. :o:( I can tell they are all trying really hard - the waiters and the head waiters all trying to help each other out but I guess something is just not working. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread with my whining. :(

New Years eve parties were great and the ventriloquist was too funny! :D

4th New Year's on the ship, third on RCCL. Sailed Freedom last year and just got off the Serenade for this year. Both cruises had table set ups for rent on New Year's Eve and all were booked. There are plenty of places to party without renting a table.

Honestly, this is really no different then renting a cabana on labadee

M

We are on the Brilliance now and we're on for the NYE cruise. Evidently they didn't get the up charge memo here and all parties were graciously offered to all. There were several venues to accommodate everyone. I heard several passengers comment that this NYE cruise and parties were much better than they had experienced in the past. A New Year's Day brunch was included. There was also great talent brought on board, Absolute Journey and they were terrific.

IMHO I would not pay ridiculous add on prices when the cost of the cruise was already double and triple the normal fare. It should have been all inclusive except the price for bottles of Champagne or the specialty restaurants.

4th New Year's on the ship, third on RCCL. Sailed Freedom last year and just got off the Serenade for this year. Both cruises had table set ups for rent on New Year's Eve and all were booked. There are plenty of places to party without renting a table.

Honestly, this is really no different then renting a cabana on labadee

M

Not wanting to be antagonistic but the comparison is chalk and cheese .New Year's eve is one night a year, there are cruisers who visit Labadee multiple times a year AND pay for cabanas. A first time cruiser in a suite would expect more for their top Dollar at New Year.

As an aside I mentioned to the Bar manager on Vision the discussion on CC about the upcharges on other ships.

She did say it was discussed but thankfully sense prevailed and all guests were equal, if you secured a spot good on you but shame on those who saved seats.

torpedo- OMG we are also on Brilliance right now.

Edited by heatherb1958

Not wanting to be antagonistic but the comparison is chalk and cheese .New Year's eve is one night a year, there are cruisers who visit Labadee multiple times a year AND pay for cabanas. A first time cruiser in a suite would expect more for their top Dollar at New Year.

As an aside I mentioned to the Bar manager on Vision the discussion on CC about the upcharges on other ships.

She did say it was discussed but thankfully sense prevailed and all guests were equal, if you secured a spot good on you but shame on those who saved seats.

torpedo- OMG we are also on Brilliance right now.

It's still about renting a private place to enjoy your time.

Hi, are you talking about a cabana on labadee or a bucket seat in the Centrum with multiple persons on the upper decks overseeing the goings on on New year's eve?:)

Both are the same. The beach is still there as is the Centrum party. However, if you want a guaranteed and limited availability place to enjoy the beach, rent a cabana. Same with a bucket seat in Centrum.

Obviously not possible for all guests to get a seat. Why the need to arrive an hour early to grab one. Just rent it

• 1 year later...

Hello clear.png?emoji-smile-1742 Does anyone know how or when you see what NYE 'extras' are available to book?

Do they appear in your cruise planner, or are they organised once on board?

I'm sailing on Anthem, and while we *probably* won't pay extra to celebrate NYE, it would still be good to know what options will be available ahead of time.

Thank you

Hello clear.png?emoji-smile-1742 Does anyone know how or when you see what NYE 'extras' are available to book?

I'm sailing on Anthem, and while we *probably* won't pay extra to celebrate NYE, it would still be good to know what options will be available ahead of time.

Thank you

Things can change, but "on board" is the current answer.

Thank you

Last year, there was a balloon drop on the Royal Esplanade, a family party in the Seaplex, and a pay option for 270 (I believe it was $1000 per couple). IIRC they were also offering a VIP package involving the bridge -- honking the horn at midnight?

I don't believe they had anything on the pool deck, as we were on our way back up north.

None of the options were available in the cruise planner ahead of time. They weren't even announced until a few days before NYE -- this was a combo Christmas/NYE cruise.

Thanks for the responses. Wow, I can't believe they offer a $1000 'extra', but people don't have the information to think about it before the cruise or pre-pay it.... maybe they want people to get caught up in the moment!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is it a formal night NYE? Do most "dress up "?

NYE is virtually always a formal night. The only time I've heard of it not being formal is if it's the last night of the cruise.

Is it a formal night NYE? Do most "dress up "?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

NYE is virtually always a formal night. The only time I've heard of it not being formal is if it's the last night of the cruise.

Hi - We board Oasis on Dec 31. We plan to dress formal for NYE - our first night, but I wonder what will be recommended by the ship? We have sailed several NYE cruises but this is the first time boarding on Dec 31.

Scottishcruisefan, in our experiences sailing on NYE - most are dressed in formal type clothing.

M