Live "Oasis Jan 2nd 2016"

whitshel

That used to be part of the Diamond Lounge, before they replaced it with cabins. It was a sort of "outdoor" balcony. The interior space was replaced with additional staterooms during the recent refurbishment.

I thought the diamond lounge balcony extended from the Schooner Bar? Wasn't there a gate there? My memory is really fuzzy on this tonight.:confused:

Edited by Ocean Boy

Just to clarify for myself...

When you book the excursion for Red Stripe Beach, do you book a time for the shuttle there? And the shuttle back is at your leisure?

Yup, that's exactly right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

That is all that remains of the old Diamond Club. The inner area of the old DL has been converted to staterooms. Guess they haven't figured out what to do with the balcony part.

That's an awesome spot for something. I'm sure they can figure out some revenue generating venue for that space.

That's an awesome spot for something. I'm sure they can figure out some revenue generating venue for that space.

Excellent idea. They can sell space up there for the parades and 70's dance party.

The Next Cruise office was next to Schooner.

But going in the other direction toward the top of the Cupcake Cupboard? Never mind, I am totally confused on this issue tonight.:rolleyes:

Edited by Ocean Boy

But going in the other direction toward the top of the Cupcake Cupboard? Never mind, I am totally confused on this issue tonight.:rolleyes:

Going the other direction you go past the bar and then around a platform area where I've seen musicians play to stairs that go down to deck 5 of the RP.

Excellent idea. They can sell space up there for the parades and 70's dance party.

That's a great idea. They can put in stadium seating. Sell some personal seat licenses 😂

I've heard that crew that have security scan cards can go there as a "meeting" like area. I can't confirm, just heard it from someone while we were on the ship.

OB you are sailing on her shortly, you should know the answer.:D

I wish I was there to help confirm. :)

I've heard that crew that have security scan cards can go there as a "meeting" like area. I can't confirm, just heard it from someone while we were on the ship.

At Christmas the door to that area was open every day. I had read the same thing that you had so I was surprised to see it open.

Thank you so much for taking time out of your vacation to update this thread. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading it tonight while waiting for them to draw my winning Powerball numbers:D. I will continue to follow you home. Safe travels!!!

We think it was called Palmeras , it was down from Ron Jon about 4 or 5 blocks. Believe me you know it because the waiters run out to the sidewalk to get you like you want a table. The skirt steak was awesome as well as the shrimp fajitas. You do have to ask for habanero salsa tho if you want some spice, it was spicy but very good. It is also one of the restaurants that is recommended in the shopping guide

Definitely Palmeras! We've eaten there a few times. Always good food, and yes the waiters do pick you right off the street to sit at their table! Looking forward to lunch here in a few weeks!!

Sure seems strange that drink prices vary from ship to ship. On Quantum the drinks were $14 and change with tip included, martinis were higher...close to $16. Yet on Liberty just 4 months later the drinks were $10-12....more reasonable and not robbery. I have been reading a whole lot of inconsistency on the prices as well. Have a great day at Falmouth! Interested in pictures of Red Stripe beach.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I noticed th liquor prices seem high. On Princess we paid 8.50 +tip for a Martini on our November cruise, they must be serving large drinks! I would hope.

2 spots in the corner of the elevator bank. I am canceling all of my future bookings!! I cannot believe we cruise in such substandard conditions!

Lol. You should be 100% reimbursed for every Royal Caribbean cruise that you have ever been on.

Thanks for the incredible review. I really enjoyed it.

Gambee, I was able to get the menu but I still don't see any prices. So maybe its a surprise when you get your bill [emoji54]

d14383d3933e4caaa1035572dcfd16ce.jpg

75584a1caaf84057685366bf034ac5db.jpg

Love your reviews btw!

In many ports the prices are determined by the number of ships in port.

That used to be part of the Diamond Lounge, before they replaced it with cabins. It was a sort of "outdoor" balcony. The interior space was replaced with additional staterooms during the recent refurbishment.
That old location was our nightly gathering place before dinner with friends. We loved that old place, because the people-watching out over the Royal Promenade was so rich. We will be on board in a few weeks, and are keeping an open mind about the new location.

But, we know we'll miss the old one.

That old location was our nightly gathering place before dinner with friends. We loved that old place, because the people-watching out over the Royal Promenade was so rich. We will be on board in a few weeks, and are keeping an open mind about the new location.

But, we know we'll miss the old one.

Hey CLQ! I wonder if we can still access the old Diamond Lounge balcony? It looks like they still have the tables/chairs set up! We know where the gate is, we should check it out! :D

OB you are sailing on her shortly, you should know the answer.:D

I wish I was there to help confirm. :)

We had a big family get together yesterday. Too many Italians with open bottles of wine... I think that accounted for all my confusion last night!:D

Two weeks from yesterday. I'm looking forward to getting back out to sea.

I have a question. Did you find a particular bar or bartender that stood out? I like to find a bartender at the beginning of the week, hand him a tip, and let him know that he will be taking care of my diamond drinks for the rest of the week. On the Voyager/Freedom class ships I tend to like the Schooner bar but Oasis has a lot more choices. Not that there is a shortage of bars on any RCI ship.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I have a question. Did you find a particular bar or bartender that stood out? I like to find a bartender at the beginning of the week, hand him a tip, and let him know that he will be taking care of my diamond drinks for the rest of the week. On the Voyager/Freedom class ships I tend to like the Schooner bar but Oasis has a lot more choices. Not that there is a shortage of bars on any RCI ship.

Good idea, since we have late dining, I might try using the Diamond drinks on the rising tide.

The schooner bar was the one place I did think service was lacking some. Never really motivated to get you a drink. I really liked the trellis bar and the pool bar on 15 between the pools

Hey CLQ! I wonder if we can still access the old Diamond Lounge balcony? It looks like they still have the tables/chairs set up! We know where the gate is, we should check it out! :D

I didn't see a gate. Just like a fire door. But maybe you know of a different one. Let us all know when you get back :)