Are there adult only RCCL cruises

Thank you so much for all the quick responses and now I realize cruising at Christmas wasn't the best idea because of all the kids. My husband said no more cruises for at least 2 years after the last experience however after looking at the Couples Cruises Web site now he wants to go again in April on their cruise. While we would not partake in any of the swinging but we definitely would partake in the parties and nightly theme events.

I was not to sure about the clothing optional aspect but since I can still wear my swimsuit I'm OK with it. Plus I'm sure my husband will enjoy the views :).

So it looks like thanks to the helpful people on cruise critic I may be cruising again in 3 months and we'll see what MSC is like.

i must always luck out on my cruises are you guys are really critical of kids. i can't think back to one time where i had a bad experience with kids on a cruise?

do they gang up on you guys in the elevators or something and use your seapass for the arcades? lol

like i said in another post... i have had way more bad things to say about sloppys drunks and crotchy old seniors? wonder if the have a cruise to eliminate them?

i must always luck out on my cruises are you guys are really critical of kids. i can't think back to one time where i had a bad experience with kids on a cruise?

do they gang up on you guys in the elevators or something and use your seapass for the arcades? lol

like i said in another post... i have had way more bad things to say about sloppys drunks and crotchy old seniors? wonder if the have a cruise to eliminate them?

How about a cruise to eliminate chair hogs??? :D

I agree. I might be a bit prejudiced because we mostly travel with our kids, who now the youngest is 14 so I guess that still classifies as a kid was some, but for us he's a young adult. The only time We have had a bad experience with "kids" is with the 16-year-old girls celebrating their big party. I can't remember the exact name of it but it is a South American tradition. There were so many of them and they thought they just ran the ship. And very little parental supervision for the number of young teenage girls there.

We just got off the oasis for a New Year's cruise, and it was so much fun. For us there were way more needy and complaining adults then there were kids causing problems. At least kids have the excuse of not being brought up right. At least to a certain age. If adults act poorly, then it's totally on them.

I was on the Liberty sailing over Christmas from Galveston, and as people have mentioned about holiday periods, there were a ton of kids. The good thing is that even though I'm sensitive to unruly kids, the overwhelming majority were well behaved. I only was bothered once, and that was while waiting to disembark while one mother was letting her kid scream, jump and go wild. Some old codger spoke up and shouted "get that child under CONTROL, PLEASE".

Anyway good to know that this is probably as bad as it gets from my perspective because I can't wait to do another Christmas cruise. Mainly because so many family members have passed that Christmas is not what it used to be for me, so being distracted on the cruise made a pleasant holiday.

Oh, and this was the sailing where the 8 year old boy drown. A sad moment on an otherwise beautiful cruise.

My second, (and last) cruise for NYE in December of 2104, there were many unruly children. Perhaps because it was a short 4 night cruise with a lot of newbies, but not sure why the kids were so wild on this one.

Trying to have dinner one night in the WJ, one group of 10-12 year olds were running back and forth through the tables. One of them was tooting on one of those horns loudly as he kept passing all though the dining room in circles. I even surprised myself, when he came by our table yet again and I finally shouted "Enough!.....save that for midnight, not inside a dining room!". He stopped and glared at me with a really hostile look of "how dare you!!", while I glared back. Just seconds later, 20-30 other passengers started to clap and cheer. Young man slinked out of the WJ, and as I watched, I never saw him go to a parent who I was expecting to be in there some where.

Never again on a holiday.

While both RCL and Carnival may be considered family cruise lines, Carnival has no curfew for the children or young adults. On my last Carnival cruise there were more rude and vulgar mouthed kids out at night than adults. I complained to guest services and they said we have no rules or curfew. I don't care for vulgarity from adults much less kids.

The no curfew for the kids puts Carnival at high risk for liability issues in my opinion.

I have cruised both RCL and Carnival during times when kids are out of school and Carnival was by far the worst. Too many partying adults with the I'm on vacation attitude.

On Royal we mostly cruise during November or January/February to avoid the kids.

Just off the Independence New Years cruise this morning. 1200 kids onboard.

Yowza!

We're taking our three kids (14,11,8) on the Navigator the first week of April this year. I'm hoping there are some other kids for them to interact with, but honestly, I don't want 1/3 of the ship being kids!

Dan

Yowza!

We're taking our three kids (14,11,8) on the Navigator the first week of April this year. I'm hoping there are some other kids for them to interact with, but honestly, I don't want 1/3 of the ship being kids!

Dan

Probably around 20%-25%, with most being from Michigan / Indiana / Ohio due to school spring break.

As a lurker I have learned so much on this site before I booked my first cruise with my husband over the Christmas hollidays on the Navigator. The cruise was outstanding except for one thing way too many kids now my husband is telling me no more cruises. It's not that we do not like kids just not that many on our vacation. I really want to take another cruise but my husband refuses unless I can find one with far fewer or no kids and he also wants more late night dancing and partying. Are there any RCCL cruises that are more adult oriented?

I have heard Carnival is more of a party atmosphere so I plan on posting there also. Does anybody know if that is accurate?

Thanks for any help so hopefully I can get my husband back on a cruise with an experience he will enjoy more and I can go on a cruise again.

Most cruise lines have the most kids during Spring Break, Thanksgiving and Christmas, especially Christmas.. We travel during the off season, primarily October.. Far fewer kids.. Good luck in finding a cruise you both can be happy with.

swinger cruises? is that a real thing?

i'm not sure I would want to go on an adults only cruise. I would think there would be to many people in the adult only areas at any one time. of course I could be wrong about that.......

Yes, the word they use is "lifestyle" cruises. Just do an internet search.

who knew?? wow, I just googled it. I know what not to book November of 2016. i'm kind of in shock. :eek:

It is not like everybody envisions one of these cruises are like. We have been on a few of them now and really enjoy the no kids adult atmosphere without participating the the extracurricular activities. Here is a review from a few years back:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1946520

Hope this gives everyone a better idea of what they are really like.

We usually cruise in October during our anniversary. Perfect time for cheaper prices and not a lot of kids as most schools have just went back to school in September. They are never kid free but very minimum! We did a 3 day cruise back in March during Spring Break...but we will never do that again! :cool:

The only time We have had a bad experience with "kids" is with the 16-year-old girls celebrating their big party. I can't remember the exact name of it but it is a South American tradition.

It's a coming-of-age celebration, sort of like a debutante ball.

We had quite a few kids on our Alaska cruise last summer. They seemed to be well-behaved for the most part, I didn't have an issue with it.

That being said, I can understand the desire for a child-free experience. I think what most of the posters here have suggested is correct, it's mostly common-sense. Avoid ships that feature amenities geared toward children, look for itineraries that would not be attractive towards families, and schedule trips while the little darlings are in school. We had talked about a trip during March but our travel agent warned us about the spring-break crowd so we will do ours in mid-April instead.

Edited by IndyKid

We took a 12 day (non RC) cruise on 2500 passenger ship last year. It had 60 children on board. Mostly toddlers and babies who we only saw around the ship as we also had a toddler (at childrens tea/kids club etc). The following week was a 7 night cruise on a holiday week and there were due to be 600 children on board.

I too look for vacation that aren’t as kid centric. I avoid hotels or resorts that say kid friendly.

And it’s not because of the kids.

I love kids. I am not a parent and have no plans to be but you should see me with my niece and cousins kids. I am a big kid and love playing with them and chasing them around.

BUT what I hate is kids who are disrespectful and who obviously get it from their parents. Parents who don’t control there kids. That’s annoys me. And I am not above telling off someone’s kid. I do it all the time. If you cant control your kids I will and If not me in a few years times I will be the cops.

But as others have said there are other pet pevees. I have thankfully managed to avoid chair hogs. All chairs were taken but used. When I did see a few drunks being loud or a few trying to get a bit handsy on the dancefloor security were there right away to remove them. Guess I’ve been lucky.

I remember being on a cruise and we were in the atrium when suddenly there was this noise of yelling. It was the kids club doing a parade. They were singing and wearing paper costumes. Hats swords that sorta of thing. It was actually kinda cool seeing how proud they were parading through 3 levels There were over 100 of them. My mum and I looked at each other surprised we were like where were they the entire cruise. Never saw them. so I applaud the parents or the kids club staff.

We had only 30 kids on our October Hawaii.

Avoid the holidays. And make sure school isn’t out in the state the cruise is leaving from. And I agree pick locations not likely to attract kids. Saw mainly older kids for Alaska

The wife and I are 40-50s DINKS. Agree with all of the advice above. The length, location and time of year of the cruise is proportional to the amount of ankle biters on board. I call it the "paste eater" effect.

My .02, Celebrity seems to be a good fit for us. Fewer kids and no water slides (yet). But unless one goes on a really high end cruise I've come to expect that rugrats are a fact of life no matter what the cruise line. We are trying the Allure this February, but chose this month specifically to hopefully have less Cheerios tossers on board (and watch the Superbowl at sea!). Hope we chose wisely.

Edited by Tommy3putts