Contacting Ruby's Restaurant Manager via E-Mail?

cruiser1956

Happy New Year!

I have spent some time searching for this answer, and have not found it. I was wondering if anyone knew how to contact the Restaurant Manager on the Ruby Princess via email? In the past, on Royal Caribbean, I have emailed the restaurant manager to request a specific table location, and was very sucessful. I would like to make a request of the Restaurant Manager on the Ruby for our upcoming January 31st sailing. Does anyone have a way to contact the Restaurant Manager? Or perhaps, on Princess, there is someone else to make these sort of requests?

Thanks!

When you board, you can check your table assignment If it does not meet your needs, the Maitre 'd will be available in one of the dining rooms the afternoon you board. See the Princess Patter for specific time and place. There you can talk to the MD about your assignment.

As I understand it, table assignments are not made by the MD but are done by cooperate. On last cruise a couple were very unhappy with their table assignment. The MD was quite clear that he did not assign tables and that it was all done before boarding. That is why your table number is already on your cruise card. The couple did calm down and I assume MD found something they liked As other posters said, check out your table assignment and if not to your liking, talk to the MD. But do it before you show up in the dining room.

As I understand it, table assignments are not made by the MD but are done by cooperate. On last cruise a couple were very unhappy with their table assignment. The MD was quite clear that he did not assign tables and that it was all done before boarding. That is why your table number is already on your cruise card. The couple did calm down and I assume MD found something they liked As other posters said, check out your table assignment and if not to your liking, talk to the MD. But do it before you show up in the dining room.

I know of at least 3 Maitre 'd who do their own assigning of passengers to tables. They are fantastic MD's. Don't know about the MD on the Ruby.

I have also tried to contact the MD via email. No success. My best method is to have a friend who happened to be the on the cruise prior to mine make contact with the MD with my requests. Then I made sure to visit him the day I board.

That appears to me that it the might be a MD passing the buck to blame corporate to placate an unhappy passenger who's unwilling to accept that there was no way to honor their request. Or maybe it was the MD's way to get rid of an unreasonable passenger who wouldn't accept "no" for an answer.

Even if corporate makes table assignments, based on numerous posts that I've read when possible a MD will make changes for passengers. Although that may not happen when a passenger gets snarky & demands things.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thank you for your responses.

It looks like there is a chance for improvement here where Princess is concerned. If corporate actually makes these decisions, it would seem possible to contact them prior to the sail date. RC allows for these things 30 days in advance. If the MD actually makes these decisions, it would seem he/she would want to do it prior to the sailing, with the chance of avoiding the embarkation day line.

Still looking forward to this much needed vacation!

Thank you for your responses.

It looks like there is a chance for improvement here where Princess is concerned. If corporate actually makes these decisions, it would seem possible to contact them prior to the sail date. RC allows for these things 30 days in advance. If the MD actually makes these decisions, it would seem he/she would want to do it prior to the sailing, with the chance of avoiding the embarkation day line.

Still looking forward to this much needed vacation!

Stop and think about it. Do you think Corp or MD would want people calling them before their cruise to find out what table they have? Lets see, there are ~ 2,000 passengers, so that would be only ~ 1,000 who would call to find out 'what table do I have?' LOL

Call the corporate office number in Santa Clarita, CA, and ask to speak to the dining coordinator for the Ruby. (800) 774-6237 If you can speak to them directly, ask if there is a department email address.

It's standard procedure for all cruise lines to have the corporate office assign tables about 2 weeks before sailing, then the maitre 'd will modify them on board the ship.