Two weeks of luggage tag orders lost by Celebrity

chamima

Just thought I'd give future cruisers a heads up.

Someone on our Roll Call just posted this:

I ordered luggage tags about three weeks ago and they have not yet arrived. Called the Captains Club and Phyllis said Celebrity system lost two weeks of information on luggage tags so she reordered them for me. The new tags should arrive in ten days.

I wonder what other information has been lost? :confused: :( :confused:

Sounds about right, I have ordered them twice in the past several weeks and still nothing. They usually show up in 2-3 days.

Leaving Saturday for Summit Cruise....Still no tags delivered to home, requested them last month..........Went to Celebrity site and printed them off myself..........

Leaving Saturday for Summit Cruise....Still no tags delivered to home, requested them last month..........Went to Celebrity site and printed them off myself..........

I would suggest you also print out proof of everything you expect to get (cabin number, drink package, etc.) from this booking.

As I said, who knows what else they've lost.

Put simply, their IT is an arrogant horrid disgrace. The web site, in my opinion, has NEVER worked correctly or consistently.

I have not been able to access my reservation in over a week. It’s not only a question of on line check in, ordering luggage tags or purchasing beverage packages as, technically, they could be ordered, albeit after a being on hold, by telephone (interestingly the lack of web access directly impacts the volume of telephone calls). It’s the inability to peruse potential shore excursions and the like which is just not effective by e-mail or telephone.

So if Celebrity thinks this is not a revenue issue, they have another think coming. This deficiency is so disrespectful to Celebrity clients that, at the very least, it warrants a response on this forum by Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, notwithstanding her broken promise (made on this forum) to provide contact information to Cruise Critic members.

Shame!

Edited by Big Chief

Glad someone posted this! I ordered them for the first time about 3-4 weeks ago and again last week for our Jan 30 Summit cruise... still nothing. Looks like I know why now. I was beginning to think I was crazy and that maybe I didn't actually order them!

I can confirm that ordering the tags on line was "broken" based on my experience and I only received tags because I called the CC, confirmed they did not show my order, and order them on the phone. I have received the tags. I kind of doubt that it was only messed up for two weeks and it might still not be working on line.

Hmmm.... Wonder if luggage tags will be the next thing to go (except for the suites, of course)? :rolleyes: X's sister line, RC, has made the majority of their guests responsible for printing out (or otherwise managing) their luggage tags for years. :(

RC, has made the majority of their guests responsible for printing out (or otherwise managing) their luggage tags for years. :(

Not exactly. RC has made the PORTERS responsible for tags. Super fast & easy. Unload at the curb, tell them your stateroom number or show them your papers and they tag them in no time. No hassle whatsoever.

Hmmm.... Wonder if luggage tags will be the next thing to go (except for the suites, of course)? :rolleyes: X's sister line, RC, has made the majority of their guests responsible for printing out (or otherwise managing) their luggage tags for years. :(

I suspect you might be right.

I couldn't even print from my reservation. My TA requested them the middle of December. Nothing. Requested them last week and was told they would be sent FEDEX Monday. Still nothing. So TA called X yesterday and requested them by email and was told that due to the holidays, lots of requests went undelivered. Blaming it on holidays. :( TA didn't pass on lost theory to me.

UGH!

I can confirm that ordering the tags on line was "broken" based on my experience and I only received tags because I called the CC, confirmed they did not show my order, and order them on the phone. I have received the tags. I kind of doubt that it was only messed up for two weeks and it might still not be working on line.

Yup! I second this!

Not exactly. RC has made the PORTERS responsible for tags. Super fast & easy. Unload at the curb, tell them your stateroom number or show them your papers and they tag them in no time. No hassle whatsoever.

Thanks, I was beginning to think it was only me who did not worry about these things when other options are obviously, to me, available at ship side from prior experience.

bon voyage all...

Have given up on both luggage tags and Xpress pass and take care of both at the terminal. Much less stress that way.

A++++ (yet somehow after I have made my final payment 60+ days before the cruise with confirmation in tow, the rest is pretty petty in relation to the great time I anticipate on board) :p

bon voyage all....

I would suggest you also print out proof of everything you expect to get (cabin number, drink package, etc.) from this booking.

As I said, who knows what else they've lost.

The entire Celebrity website basically crashed about three weeks ago. They have turned over their website as of Monday the 4th to Accenture to completely start over for data both internal and the website.

For those that are frustrated, the Cruise Critic Hosts and others have suggested that everyone simply relax and not fight the website. Print out your documentation from either Celebrity or your TA and bring it with you. Should always probably do this anyway as promo info etc is an issue for all cruise lines - not just Celebrity. You give your cabin number to the porter at the pier and your bags will be tagged. Go inside and they will do the check in there - no Express Pass is required.

You're absolutely right that having the porters tag your bags is one of the best options out there.:cool: But, when RC d/c'ed the luggage tags (except for the suites, or anyone willing to pay $35 for a printed ticket booklet, complete with tags), you should have seen some of the threads that popped up on the RC board! All sorts of arts-n-crafts project suggestions for turning that template in the e-docs into "real" luggage tags. :rolleyes: Most involved: blowing up the template size, printing it out (in color, of course), laminating -- or using large expanses of clear plastic tape. THEN, you had to figure out how to affix these newly-minted masterpieces to your luggage. Hint: Go find your hole-punch and zip-ties! ;)

P.S. This was about the same time that RC decided that I would rather have Shrek than a decent steak -- and -- that I wasn't trustworthy enough to use their ratty pool towels without using my seapass to check them out. Shortly after that, we left RC for X. Little things DO add up, and they WILL drive your customers away. :eek:

Edited by wwcruisers

We sail on Celebrity once or twice a year - next cruise on Sunday, January 10, 2016. I order the luggage tags 45 days before the sailing by calling Celebrity. We received the tags within 10 days of making the call.

We sail on Celebrity once or twice a year - next cruise on Sunday, January 10, 2016. I order the luggage tags 45 days before the sailing by calling Celebrity. We received the tags within 10 days of making the call.

Maybe you received them because you "made the call". Apparently the problem is with those of us that used the website. In my experience, other than with Celebrity, online ordering is efficient and can be done anytime of day without waiting on the phone. I keep thinking Celebrity is a normal company when really their website is out of the dark ages and totally inefficient. I'm cruising on Sat and we have a total of 6 cabins. Only one has received luggage tags. Yes, they can be gotten at the port, but don't offer them if you can't deliver. Just another source of aggravation by Celebrity.