Luggage Labels

snowyboy

I just paid balance and have been informed that Celebrity, 5 minutes ago issued to the agents that there are no more pre order luggage labels you can either use the ones in back of e doc's or get them at the port. :mad:

This is straight from the horses mouth.:D

Happy Sailing

I just paid balance and have been informed that Celebrity, 5 minutes ago issued to the agents that there are no more pre order luggage labels you can either use the ones in back of e doc's or get them at the port. :mad:

This is straight from the horses mouth.:D

Happy Sailing

The horse told you or your TA said the horse told them?

By the way this would not surprise me and it would explain the recent issue with ordering tags on line. Implementation of changes is a significant weakness of Celebrity. Not even sure if any of the mainstream cruise lines send out tags at no cost anymore. Sending them out doesn't give Celebrity much of an advantage anyway. Printing the tags on Our Princess cruises is no big deal.

Well, i think I need to, as they say, eat crow on this one. :o

Just called Celebrity and my luggage tags are being sent out.

These boards are usually a good source of correct information but it seems that whoever the OP spoke to was wrong. :o

Edited by chamima

2016 cruise is past final payment so we're going but after that.......

(And I know this is a REALLY small thing, but a lot of drops of water make an ocean and Celebrity is drip, drip, dripping......)

Wow!!! So then, I guess you could say in your case not having "luggage tags" mailed to your home is the "final straw" Wow!!!

It is just not that big a deal. You obviously use a computer. You have to print out your express pass. All it takes is another click of the mouse thing and you can print 1, 2, even 50 luggage tags if that is your desire. You can buy permanent tag holders online for a couple of bucks a piece.

All the lines are drip, drip, dripping, all of them.

These boards are usually a good source of correct information but it seems that whoever the OP spoke to was wrong. :o

And does that really surprise anyone? :D One source is almost never enough to confirm anything at Celebrity (or any other cruise line for that matter).

Edited by bob278

Note the OP is in the UK.

Wow!!! So then, I guess you could say in your case not having "luggage tags" mailed to your home is the "final straw" Wow!!!

It is just not that big a deal. You obviously use a computer. You have to print out your express pass. All it takes is another click of the mouse thing and you can print 1, 2, even 50 luggage tags if that is your desire. You can buy permanent tag holders online for a couple of bucks a piece.

All the lines are drip, drip, dripping, all of them.

Discussed luggage tags with Celebrity and other things. They stated they had computer problems - we all already knew that - and lost the request data for a couple weeks worth.

Celebrity is NOT discontinuing tags, but there are certainly many who will not receive. Attaching a piece of paper to your suitcase from your E-documents is crazy unless you have a holder. More than likely to get lost.

Why do people continue to not want to have a porter attach a tag at the pier? Takes no time at all. No hassle, no fuss, no stress and actually less effort.

I did the online checkin a few weeks ago for my upcoming cruise. B2b on Summit I requested luggage tags and never received them. I tried calling Celebrity. After going through the many prompts, the hold time was outrageous. I then trued to send email through the website CONTACT US. There is no address or prompt to click on to send the email. Throughly frustrated I wondered if anyone else was experiencing the same frustration. I know that I can get tags from the porters. If Celebrity chooses to not mail tags, the least they ought to do is state it when you complete the online checkin. I understand that not mailing tags saves Celebrity money. Fix your website so that you can send the completed email. Whoever does your IT is poor. If you want to save money, keep guests happy, have a website that is works. I am sure that Celebrity is receiving countless phonecalls from confused guests. the time it takes to answer those phone calls(assuming the caller stays on hold) is a waste if everyone's time. It makes you wonder what will Celebrity cut back next.

I did the online checkin a few weeks ago for my upcoming cruise. B2b on Summit I requested luggage tags and never received them. I tried calling Celebrity. After going through the many prompts, the hold time was outrageous. I then trued to send email through the website CONTACT US. There is no address or prompt to click on to send the email. Throughly frustrated I wondered if anyone else was experiencing the same frustration. I know that I can get tags from the porters. If Celebrity chooses to not mail tags, the least they ought to do is state it when you complete the online checkin. I understand that not mailing tags saves Celebrity money. Fix your website so that you can send the completed email. Whoever does your IT is poor. If you want to save money, keep guests happy, have a website that is works. I am sure that Celebrity is receiving countless phonecalls from confused guests. the time it takes to answer those phone calls(assuming the caller stays on hold) is a waste if everyone's time. It makes you wonder what will Celebrity cut back next.

I Am wondering though, if one knows they can get luggage tags from Porters ship side, what is the reason to be frustrated by not getting them via a call to X?

I thought, and correct me if I Am wrong, that luggage tags were also included in the XPress Pass documents which most of us can print from home to take to the ship (or not as we can also check-in ship side). On ALL of the sailings we have taken, this has been the case. Are you intimating that X has stopped this practice as well? Yes, it is like self-service but still available.

Our individual perfect worlds would be very much different than what we are experiencing, currently, alas it is perfect despite the appearance of it being otherwise, for me.

bon voyage and have fun on your B2B despite the luggage tag issue.

For those asking why it's such a big deal, and why we can't just print them online to use, or why not just get them from the porters, let me state my reasons against this which I am sure are the same concerns others have....

1. If I print them online I have to somehow find a way to attach them to my bag. This either involves buying the luggage tag holders (additional expense for me) or jerry rigging something out of packing tape to "laminate" them and attach them to the bag.

2. Getting them from the porters is a hassle and takes additional time for for me and the porters. We live in a society that doesn't want to wait for things, we want it now. Sorry, it's just the way the world is these days.

Usually 4-6 weeks prior to my departure I give Celebrity a call for luggage tags and within a few days they show up in the mail.

Another thing I do on this phone call is remind them about the ext cord and distilled water for my cpap. Usually after we check into our cabin and meet the steward, he brings me both.

I don't know if that new policy is true, because

I just received my luggage tags in the mail, yesterday for my cruise that leaves on Sun.

If you don't receive them, they will print them for you at the cruise port. (that's what I was told)

Happy Sailings!

I did the same thing for our upcoming cruise. I actually ordered them 3 times online, then I called the Captain's Club. I was assured that my order was received. Meanwhile, I printed out the tags from the e-docs. (Note...RCI has discontinued sending luggage tags to everyone. They only send tags to Pinnacle members and those that paid for suites.)

I DID GET the tags a week ago for our cruise that leaves in a few days. So, don't give up hope yet!

I ordered our luggage tags several weeks ago for a cruise that departs Monday. I just received the tags today (Friday). I had given up on ever seeing them.

Good thing that I also checked in and printed the boarding pass, I have not been able to access our reservation for a long time.

For those asking why it's such a big deal, and why we can't just print them online to use, or why not just get them from the porters, let me state my reasons against this which I am sure are the same concerns others have....

1. If I print them online I have to somehow find a way to attach them to my bag. This either involves buying the luggage tag holders (additional expense for me) or jerry rigging something out of packing tape to "laminate" them and attach them to the bag.

2. Getting them from the porters is a hassle and takes additional time for for me and the porters. We live in a society that doesn't want to wait for things, we want it now. Sorry, it's just the way the world is these days.

Yes, I want it now, my boarding X, that is... getting luggage tags ship side are inconsequential when in under five (5) minutes a Porter can take and tag your bags (you have to give them your bags anyway) and one is still on their way to another speedy check-in even without XPress pass, which can take up to ten (10) additional minutes...

My take would be, if one is boarding close to cut-off time (or intend to) then that could be a challenge for sure OR the idea of tipping the Porter for service is an issue, I understand that too...

bon voyage

I think many of us on CC know that we can get luggage tags at the pier or print them ourselves, but some of us (I'm assuming I'm not the only one) remember the days when we received our cruise booklet in the mail a few weeks prior to the cruise. For me, who cruised only once a year at the most, it was like Christmas waiting for that booklet!

Then they went to having us pay for the cruise booklet or printing from online (and we don't really need to print all that stuff). Now all we have is the luggage tags that come in the mail and I think some of us look forward to getting them. I'll admit I am one of those people. I'm sure they won't always be available by mail because it is a waste of resources, but until that time I will look forward to getting mine (ordered mine for next the cruise yesterday so hopefully they are on the way). :) If they don't arrive I still expect to have a great cruise!

........2. Getting them from the porters is a hassle and takes additional time for for me and the porters. We live in a society that doesn't want to wait for things, we want it now. Sorry, it's just the way the world is these days.

:confused: :confused: At which port did you find it to be a hassle?

It has never been a hassle for us, always quick and easy as we have found luggage tags to be readily available at cruise ports.

At some ports we needed to stand in line to check luggage, and at other ports we didn't.

The only hassle was the standing in line,

not the tagging of the bags, which takes only a few seconds for each tag.

If there is a line for checking luggage, we like to pick up tags and tag the bags ourselves while we are waiting in line as it gives us something to do to help pass the time.

We learned long ago that it takes us less time to tag the bags at the port than to bother with ordering them in advance, either online or over the phone,

let alone the extra time spent checking the mail and possibly needing to re-order them, and then needing to remember to bring them along from home.

Just one less thing to be bothered with in advance,

although some passengers do enjoy making their own personalized luggage tags and have the free time to do so.

:confused: :confused: At which port did you find it to be a hassle?

It has never been a hassle for us, always quick and easy as we have found luggage tags to be readily available at cruise ports.

At some ports we needed to stand in line to check luggage, and at other ports we didn't.

The only hassle was the standing in line,

not the tagging of the bags, which takes only a few seconds for each tag.

If there is a line for checking luggage, we like to pick up tags and tag the bags ourselves while we are waiting in line as it gives us something to do to help pass the time.

We learned long ago that it takes us less time to tag the bags at the port than to bother with ordering them in advance, either online or over the phone,

let alone the extra time spent checking the mail and possibly needing to re-order them, and then needing to remember to bring them along from home.

Just one less thing to be bothered with in advance,

although some passengers do enjoy making their own personalized luggage tags and have the free time to do so.

Time is money. I prefer to drop the bags and be on my way.

1) (additional expense) - One can get these on-line for roughly $2/per. So one has spent an additional $10-$20 on an item that can be used repeatedly. In the scheme of a $2K - 10K vacation that is peanuts.

2) Can 1-2 minutes of YOUR time be all that important. If it is, you probably should not be taking time out for a cruise. And 1-2 minutes is actually all it takes . . . . . . been there, done that.