Besides clothes, I'm packing...

serena_17

We bring a solar powered am/fm noaa radio with a built in light.

It has a hand crank also and can be use to charge a cellphone in a pinch. ;)

I really like listening to local radio in ports and on the beach, Even if i Can't understand the language sometimes . :)

Not something I would ever do, but it sounds fun for those interested in that kind of thing.

two things I will not leave at home-

battery operated candles-so I can find the head in the middle of the night

Ambesol- I do not want to suffer with a toothache,( nor have a tooth pulled from a doc I don't understand:rolleyes:.)

things I can leave at home. cell phone, tv, hair dryer, computer, I too want to be unplugged.

cruise happy:D

oh, and for those of you that feel that your life is incomplete without bringing your dryers, your hair straighteners, your coffee makers, your extension cords, ........I never want to cruise with you. I would be scared you would burn down a ship. Oceans have sharks in them.:eek:

oh, and for those of you that feel that your life is incomplete without bringing your dryers, your hair straighteners, your coffee makers, your extension cords, ........I never want to cruise with you. I would be scared you would burn down a ship. Oceans have sharks in them.:eek:

Quit worrying about sharks. It is smoke inhalation or drowning that will get you.

I didn't see a waterproof pouch for water sports mentioned, or I missed it. It is a pain to get to the beach and realize there is no safe place to leave your phone or credit/ship card on shore. Zip-Loc bags are not safe enough for electronics. When going to a beach location I take along a waist water proof pouch for snorkeling, they work great and I don't have to be concerned about theft of items on the shore. The pouches on lanyards float in front of your face, so I prefer the waist pouch.

I didn't see a waterproof pouch for water sports mentioned, or I missed it. It is a pain to get to the beach and realize there is no safe place to leave your phone or credit/ship card on shore. Zip-Loc bags are not safe enough for electronics. When going to a beach location I take along a waist water proof pouch for snorkeling, they work great and I don't have to be concerned about theft of items on the shore. The pouches on lanyards float in front of your face, so I prefer the waist pouch.

We recently purchased one of these form amazon. This one got good reviews so hopefully it works (it has a 2 stage / double layer closing feature). We'll do the home test first.

• 1 month later...
We recently purchased one of these form amazon. This one got good reviews so hopefully it works (it has a 2 stage / double layer closing feature). We'll do the home test first.

What was the brand name of the one that you purchased I am looking on amazon now to purchase one. There seem to be quite a few. I am looking at a brand called freegrace.w

What was the brand name of the one that you purchased I am looking on amazon now to purchase one. There seem to be quite a few. I am looking at a brand called freegrace.w

This is the one that we got.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00Z91DI7M/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ASZ854EMFDFHZ

We'll be doing the home test this weekend or next as we're leaving after that. It gets pretty good reviews and we plan to bring it to the beach and even pool.

PS - I've seen it on Amazon.com too

Edited by LuCruise

As well as some of the things already mention (meds, first aid kit etc) I also take a microfibre throw. Hubby always wants the cabin at a lower temperature than me so I use the throw at night, especially if I am cold around my shoulders. I also use it if I am having a nap during the daytime, snuggling under it is very comforting.

We did a 5 day cruise back in July and I thought I would not need it, but I really wished I had taken it.

I've got a list of extra things to pack for the cruise. I'm travelling with my husband, parents, DD (12) and DS (11).

* Power board

* Behind the door organiser (to hold sunscreen, glasses, sea pass cards, etc)

* Corkscrew/bottle opener

* Small sewing kit with safety pins

* Small first aid kit (band aids, aspirin/panadol, dettol cream, etc)

* Commander hooks (for totes, hats - these hooks are easily removable and won’t

mark the walls)

* Rid

* Sunscreen

* Binoculars (small pair)

* Coin purse/small wallet for day trip rather than taking the whole handbag

* Small over shoulder bag

* Fold up umbrella

* Large zip loc bags (only a few)

* Soap in dispenser for bathroom

* Small LED torch

* Highlighters (to highlight activities that you want to do)

* Wipes / hand sanitizer

Is there anything I've forgotten, or something you've taken along that has made life a little easier on board?

Thanks,

I'm curious about why you bring soap in a dispenser. Every cruise line provides soap in the bathroom.

I keep a journal so I bring that.

I hope you pack a wide brim sunhat with your clothes.

We bring cheap dry erase markers to write reminders in the mirror. We also have the spiral key rings for our ss cards that we reuse every year. Keep them close and even if in the ocean we can wear them around our wrist or even ankles. We get a hole punched in them but sometimes they already have a hole punched.

Giant ziplock bags for port days and small umbrella or raincoats. It rains when we cruise usually and these things have saved us.

The ziploc bags are also good for bringing soap, shampoo, and other toiletries that you can unload once you board. Fold the bag and reuse for beach days.

We also bring extra swim wear because sometimes it is not dry when you want to wear again.

Shower shoes or flip flops are a must . Multiples and they are easy to pack.

I bring a small battery-operated light for the bathroom. It's not very bright, but it's enough to see in there at night without having to turn on the overhead light and wake everyone else in the cabin. Mine looks like a tealight candle....it even "flickers" like a candle!

PILLOWS!

Well, actually I'm shipping them to our local office in Tampa and them toting them on-board. The pillows on board are pretty sad.

I actually put a pillow in a rolling suitcase whenever I travel and if I end up needing the space, I can leave it behind on the way back.

I'm curious about why you bring soap in a dispenser. Every cruise line provides soap in the bathroom.

Perhaps the poster prefers a liquid soap? I know I frequently travel with my own bar of soap because I hate using the tiny-to-little sized bars that are usually provided in hotels (or cruise ships, etc). For the cost of an extra buck, I'd rather use a full sized bar.