Sabatini's for breakfast for 50th cruise?

CruzinNoony

I read somewhere that when you are on your 50th cruise, you are able to go to Sabatini's for breakfast every morning. Is this true?:)
Technically, it's your 50th cruise credit, not cruise, although for many, it's the same thing.

No to Sabatini's. You'll get flowers in your cabin and a pin. That's what I got in November. :( I think Sabatini's is your 100th cruise credit.

I just celebrated my 50th cruise on the Emerald Princess in October. The Captain's Circle Hostess, Melissa, took excellent care of myself and DH.

On the first day I received a lovely floral arrangement, a nice bottle of champagne, and chocolate covered strawberries. On subsequent days I received the Princess 50th Anniversary pin, Norman Love chocolates, a huge canape platter, and a fruit and cheese platter.

At dinner (we had anytime dining) the Maitre'd, Mario Propato, told us that he would arrange a table for two for us every evening, with no waiting. All we had to do was ask for him when we arrived to dine, and he took care of everything.

At the Past Passenger Party, we were granted early admission and invited to sit with the top three Most Traveled Passengers. Additionally we were able to pre-order our cocktails to anything that we wanted. Melissa also made an announcement at the party that it was my 50th cruise.

On the last sea day, Melissa arranged for us to tour the bridge, with three other couples, who were also celebrating special occasions. We spent about an hour with the Captain, learning many interesting facts about the ship.

The Circle Host/Hostess is the person responsible for arranging the celebration for one's 50th cruise. My advice would be to meet with them on the first or second day of your cruise and confirm that you are on their "VIP" list.

My 50th cruise was so special that I can hardly wait for the 75th.:D

I had the same question about Sabatininis for 50th cruise so glad it was asked and answered. My 49th and 50th cruise will be on a B2B booked. I booked it as a 14 day (one booking number). Wonder if I could speak to the circle host

when I am on the first half to insure the benefits for the second part.

I see Princess has it listed as 2 cruise credits already when I checked in cruise history .

I had the same question about Sabatininis for 50th cruise so glad it was asked and answered. My 49th and 50th cruise will be on a B2B booked. I booked it as a 14 day (one booking number). Wonder if I could speak to the circle host

when I am on the first half to insure the benefits for the second part.

I see Princess has it listed as 2 cruise credits already when I checked in cruise history .

Yes, mine was a B2B, and was also my 49th and 50th cruises. Just speak to the Circle Host after you board the ship to confirm everything and your "goodies" will start at the end of the 49th cruise.

Thank you all for answering. I am somewhat disappointed about Sabatini's not being offered. Good advice about going to the Captain Circle host. :)
Spoke to the Captain's Circle host and still didn't get anything other than the flowers and pin. I was invited to the Most Traveled (based on days, not because of my 50th) and she told me I would be presented with the pin there and get recognition. Didn't happen. The pin was at my seat and that was it.

I believe that when this recognition program (50th, 75th, 100th, etc cruise credit) started, there was no definitive guidance given to the ships which resulted in some people getting Sabatini's on their 50th. Now it must be written down somewhere because my husband (who has one less cruise than me) and I celebrated a 50th milestone on different ships and we each received the exact same treatment as partybarbie described. So, if you received breakfast at Sabatini's for your 50th, you got lucky.

This is a fairly recent program which explains why many people never received recognition for their milestone cruises which they acheived prior to the inception.

I believe that when this recognition program (50th, 75th, 100th, etc cruise credit) started, there was no definitive guidance given to the ships which resulted in some people getting Sabatini's on their 50th. Now it must be written down somewhere because my husband (who has one less cruise than me) and I celebrated a 50th milestone on different ships and we each received the exact same treatment as partybarbie described. So, if you received breakfast at Sabatini's for your 50th, you got lucky.

This is a fairly recent program which explains why many people never received recognition for their milestone cruises which they acheived prior to the inception.

While I understand the discussion, I think that just like learning to write 2016 on checks and things, we need to learn to simple refer to eating at a Specialty Restaurant rather than (sniff, sniff,:( sob, sob! :mad:) Sabatini's. Every time I see someone refer to Sabatini's, I really get upset! :eek:

Sorry but I just have to get it out of my system.

Just Mike

I will be interesting to find out when you get the perks and what they are. Not on my next cruise, but the one after will be both my 50th cruise and 75th cruise credit. I hope I can book a long cruise for that one :)

I just celebrated my 50th cruise on the Emerald Princess in October. The Captain's Circle Hostess, Melissa, took excellent care of myself and DH.

On the first day I received a lovely floral arrangement, a nice bottle of champagne, and chocolate covered strawberries. On subsequent days I received the Princess 50th Anniversary pin, Norman Love chocolates, a huge canape platter, and a fruit and cheese platter.

At dinner (we had anytime dining) the Maitre'd, Mario Propato, told us that he would arrange a table for two for us every evening, with no waiting. All we had to do was ask for him when we arrived to dine, and he took care of everything.

At the Past Passenger Party, we were granted early admission and invited to sit with the top three Most Traveled Passengers. Additionally we were able to pre-order our cocktails to anything that we wanted. Melissa also made an announcement at the party that it was my 50th cruise.

On the last sea day, Melissa arranged for us to tour the bridge, with three other couples, who were also celebrating special occasions. We spent about an hour with the Captain, learning many interesting facts about the ship.

The Circle Host/Hostess is the person responsible for arranging the celebration for one's 50th cruise. My advice would be to meet with them on the first or second day of your cruise and confirm that you are on their "VIP" list.

My 50th cruise was so special that I can hardly wait for the 75th.:D

Congrats!! That sounds like they made it very special for you. I will be celebrating my 50th cruise in the summer. Unfortunately, they haven't all been on the same cruiseline so will still have to wait quite some time to enjoy all these perks. :)

Congrats!! That sounds like they made it very special for you. I will be celebrating my 50th cruise in the summer. Unfortunately, they haven't all been on the same cruiseline so will still have to wait quite some time to enjoy all these perks. :)

Thank you.:) Melissa should still be on the Emerald Princess and Michelle is on the Grand Princess. They are both excellent Circle Hostesses, so anyone celebrating their 50th cruise/cruise credit on those ships is in for a good time.

Mine was two months ago, in November. Maybe I got so little because it was a short cruise or maybe just a bad CC host. :( It was disappointing based on what I'd previously read about recognizing your 50th cruise credit. Other than the flowers and pin, nothing. There wasn't even a card or anything with the flowers. Edited by Pam in CA

It definitely must depend on the CC Host. I had my 50th cruise credit last April on the Golden Princess. When we checked in there was a sticky paper on my card that said VIP. I asked about it at the terminal, but they knew nothing and the woman I asked pulled it off and said it meant nothing. Well she was wrong. We should have boarded first, but not a big deal.

There was a letter in our cabin stating I was a VIP and we were being given Sabatini's every morning for breakfast. I was the only one on that sailing celebrating my 50th, so that could have made a difference, I have no idea. Also got the champagne, beautiful arrangement and sat with the most traveled passengers at the repeaters party. My pin was given to me in the CC hostesses office, not at the party. She did say something about me at the party and I had to stand up, but that was it. Was fine!

Now we didn't get the extra canapes that the poster above did, but also they aren't my favorite, so we didn't miss out.

After reading this thread I do believe there is no cut and dried position Princess is taking for people with their 50th cruise credit. It sounds like the CC host is the one who determines what is given to the passenger. I was happy with what we had and loved going back to Sabatini's for breakfast on the cruise.

We enjoyed our 50th cruise on the Emerald several years ago. Enjoyed all the perks, but were not offered breakfast in Sabatini's. Our 75th cruise occurred again on the Emerald. :( Did not plan well. Sabatini's was replaced by Share.:(:( We could have had breakfast in the Crown Grill. Great place for dinner, love it. But did not appeal to us for breakfast. So we skipped it. Our choice. We were asked why we were not there for breakfast, answer it is not Sabatini's.

When it comes time for our 100th, we will be sure to pick a ship that has Sabatini's.

Edited by Phyljim

I need to correct one thing I said above. My husband remembered that we did get canapes every night. Actually the first 5 nights of the cruise (it was a 10 day cruise) we got them twice a night until we asked them to not bring the second round anymore.

Had totally forgotten about that. We also did get a tour of the bridge.

We enjoyed our 50th cruise on the Emerald several years ago. Enjoyed all the perks, but were not offered breakfast in Sabatini's. Our 75th cruise occurred again on the Emerald. :( Did not plan well. Sabatini's was replaced by Share.:(:( We could have had breakfast in the Crown Grill. Great place for dinner, love it. But did not appeal to us for breakfast. So we skipped it. Our choice. We were asked why we were not there for breakfast, answer it is not Sabatini's.

When it comes time for our 100th, we will be sure to pick a ship that has Sabatini's.

Was told by Princess that the Ruby,(which if one of the ships that no longer has a Sabatinis) would have the breakfast for suite pax in the Crown Grill & that it would be the same as in Sabatini's. Same menu (you can order anything, even if not on the menu) as before. The only difference would be the atmosphere, booths, & tables. I personally think the Crown Grill is more romantic, with it being darker inside the venue. The breakfast has nothing to do with their dinner.

If anyone knows any different, please post. As we all know we can never rely on what Princess reps tell us, although this was info from the Captains Circle dept.

Grace

Was told by Princess that the Ruby,(which if one of the ships that no longer has a Sabatinis) would have the breakfast for suite pax in the Crown Grill & that it would be the same as in Sabatini's. Same menu (you can order anything, even if not on the menu) as before. The only difference would be the atmosphere, booths, & tables. I personally think the Crown Grill is more romantic, with it being darker inside the venue. The breakfast has nothing to do with their dinner.

If anyone knows any different, please post. As we all know we can never rely on what Princess reps tell us, although this was info from the Captains Circle dept.

Grace

It is confirmed that the Crown Grill will be used for Suite Breakfasts and the menu is the same.

I think what Phyjim said was that the atmosphere is not the same. Sabatini's restaurant is more light and airy looking, more appropriate for breakfast while the Crown Grill decor/colors seems odd for a breakfast environment, at least in my opinion.

Edited by Coral

I agree about the Crown Grill vs Sabatini's. I love the location of Sabatini's (or what was Sabatini's) on the ships like the Crown and Ruby. The location at the aft of the ship and the big windows was just such a nice place for breakfast. We loved going there on past cruises when we were able to. That was always such a great way to start the day. It is too bad they have changed.

It is confirmed that the Crown Grill will be used for Suite Breakfasts and the menu is the same.

I think what Phyjim said was that the atmosphere is not the same. Sabatini's restaurant is more light and airy looking, more appropriate for breakfast while the Crown Grill decor/colors seems odd for a breakfast environment, at least in my opinion.

Thank you Coral. That was our opinion exactly. Had we been in the Crown Grill for breakfast would probably have thought we should order a bottle of wine to accompany the meal.:eek: