Sabatini's for breakfast for 50th cruise?

CruzinNoony

Princess needs to take care of their most traveled cruisers. Elites are the people who keep Princess in business. My DW and I are plantium, but no where near Elite. We found suites more enjoyable, than cruising more than once a year. Cruisers who cruise enough to become elite, need to be taken care of.

Princess needs to take care of their most traveled cruisers. Elites are the people who keep Princess in business. My DW and I are plantium, but no where near Elite. We found suites more enjoyable, than cruising more than once a year. Cruisers who cruise enough to become elite, need to be taken care of.

Honestly - I think they prefer the new passengers..... They spend more money and don't cost as much once on the ship (laundry, internet, elite bar setup). They probably don't complain about how they prefer the old menu or cutbacks.

Honestly - I think they prefer the new passengers..... They spend more money and don't cost as much once on the ship (laundry, internet, elite bar setup). They probably don't complain about how they prefer the old menu or cutbacks.

You're correct about that one. They appreciate the repeat cruisers but it's not where they make their biggest profits.

• 3 months later...

Us oldies also pass on every reflections video and don't have a billion pictures taken each time and skip the paid wine tastings.

We celebrated our 50th on the Golden last year and received everything partiebarbie received. In addition we received a call from Passenger Services several times during the cruise asking us how was the cruise and if we needed their service. A couple of nights before disembarkation they called asking us what time we wanted to leave the ship.

Edited by LARGIN

Us oldies also pass on every reflections video and don't have a billion pictures taken each time and skip the paid wine tastings.

Funny should mention a reflections video which is definitely made for the first time cruisers. For a long time I've only wondered just how much new material is included in it from your actual cruise & after winning one last cruise we now see that it's practically one big advertisement to attract new passengers. There was very few newly shot scenes to make me want to spend money for.

These DVD's should be distributed to everyone for free to attract new business.

The only DVD that had anything of interest was the refurbishing of the Emerald.

I'm beginning to think there is nothing written down that says breakfast in Sabatini's is a given. :( It's only because a Captain Circle host invited a few people a while back.

I hit 50 cruises, and no breakfast. I did get the other benefits

folks have already mentioned.

A few cruises later, Mrs. Pablo hit 50 cruises, and no breakfast.

They did let her be the first pour in the champagne waterfall.

I hope to never be top passenger, as I would be reluctant to have

my picture/name/etc in the patter.

On a recent cruise, the most traveled couple were listed as

Mr. and Mrs. FamilyName, USA

I thought that was pretty discreet.

I hit 50 cruises, and no breakfast. I did get the other benefits

folks have already mentioned.

A few cruises later, Mrs. Pablo hit 50 cruises, and no breakfast.

They did let her be the first pour in the champagne waterfall.

I hope to never be top passenger, as I would be reluctant to have

my picture/name/etc in the patter.

On a recent cruise, the most traveled couple were listed as

Mr. and Mrs. FamilyName, USA

I thought that was pretty discreet.

At the rate the people are climbing up I doubt if I'll ever have to worry about them taking my photo. And if they ever do it'll be in casual clothing....maybe even around the pool. :D

I just celebrated my 50th cruise on the Emerald Princess in October. The Captain's Circle Hostess, Melissa, took excellent care of myself and DH.

On the first day I received a lovely floral arrangement, a nice bottle of champagne, and chocolate covered strawberries. On subsequent days I received the Princess 50th Anniversary pin, Norman Love chocolates, a huge canape platter, and a fruit and cheese platter.

At dinner (we had anytime dining) the Maitre'd, Mario Propato, told us that he would arrange a table for two for us every evening, with no waiting. All we had to do was ask for him when we arrived to dine, and he took care of everything.

At the Past Passenger Party, we were granted early admission and invited to sit with the top three Most Traveled Passengers. Additionally we were able to pre-order our cocktails to anything that we wanted. Melissa also made an announcement at the party that it was my 50th cruise.

On the last sea day, Melissa arranged for us to tour the bridge, with three other couples, who were also celebrating special occasions. We spent about an hour with the Captain, learning many interesting facts about the ship.

The Circle Host/Hostess is the person responsible for arranging the celebration for one's 50th cruise. My advice would be to meet with them on the first or second day of your cruise and confirm that you are on their "VIP" list.

My 50th cruise was so special that I can hardly wait for the 75th.:D

We got the same treatment you did except on my 50th there were no flowers because we were on the Pacific Princess and it doesn't have a florist. However, even though we weren't in a suite, we were invited to a cocktail party given for suite passengers.

• 2 months later...
We enjoyed our 50th cruise on the Emerald several years ago. Enjoyed all the perks, but were not offered breakfast in Sabatini's. Our 75th cruise occurred again on the Emerald. :( Did not plan well. Sabatini's was replaced by Share.:(:( We could have had breakfast in the Crown Grill. Great place for dinner, love it. But did not appeal to us for breakfast. So we skipped it. Our choice. We were asked why we were not there for breakfast, answer it is not Sabatini's.

When it comes time for our 100th, we will be sure to pick a ship that has Sabatini's.

Let's hope that by the time you reach your 100th, that Share has disappeared and that the old ambiance of Sabatini's is brought back.:D

Mine was two months ago, in November. Maybe I got so little because it was a short cruise or maybe just a bad CC host. :( It was disappointing based on what I'd previously read about recognizing your 50th cruise credit. Other than the flowers and pin, nothing. There wasn't even a card or anything with the flowers.

Pam,

Unfortunate for one of the best sources of information out there. Princess should have you on VIP status on every cruise. You are so helpful on these boards.

My thoughts are that being on a short cruise doesn't give the same time for special treatment. I so hope that you LOVED your flowers. Alice

We did our 50th cruise last January and we were given, 50th anniversary lapel pins, flowers, champagne, canapes every night, tour of the bridge, recognition at the Captain Circle Party.

We also qualified for the Most Travelled Party and we recognized there too.

No breakfast at Sabatinis. But we knew it was only given on our 75th cruise so we have a few more to go for that.

We were tagged VIP and Maitre D called to offer set reservation if we wanted it. But we didn't.

It is the same perks you get any time you are tagged VIP - with VIP you get flowers, champagne, canapes every night, Hostess calling for dining reservations, plus we have also gotten nice robes in cabin, slippers and other items with VIP.

It is nice that they recognize loyalty.

Vickie

We're approaching our 56th Princess cruise, and we didn't get Sabatini's on our 50th. Just flowers and some champagne. Didn't really worry about it as I'm not keen on Sabatini's. But if it was to have been Crown Grill, then I would have been disappointed:D:D

Kind of funny-My wife and I have a different number of cruises and she is 24 cruises behind me. We were on the Pacific Princess when her 75th cruise occurred. While at the MTP luncheon one of our table mates mentioned the flowers for the 75th and my wife indicated she had not received them. The Captain was surprised and told her they would be there. What all of us had forgotten was the Pacific does not have a florist on board. The Captain sent somebody ashore at next stop to find a florist and the flowers were there that night-What a great job.

To add the fun, our next leg was a Transatlantic and my 100th cruise. At the luncheon the Captain asked me if I expected flowers as well:D. No.

BTW we had breakfast in Sabatini's for all 28 days of these B2B cruises.;)

My 50th cruise was the 2016 spring TA on the Emerald. Didn't get anything. Was already in a suite so we had breakfast at Crown Grill but NEVER even spoke to the CC hostess or received any communication from her. Pretty poor!!!!

Just an FYI, if you are on a milestone cruise, i.e. your 50th, 75th, etc., go to the Captain's Circle desk and introduce yourself to the host. Let them know that you are on a milestone cruise. They can check and ensure that you are on the VIP list.

There are a lot of passengers on the ship and mistakes can happen. This is especially true if you are on a B2B cruise, or if a new/replacement Circle Host is coming on board.

If you want a tour of the bridge, they can try and arrange that too. Don't wait until the last day to say anything. It will be too late then.:(