Elite+ sharing cabin with non status person

moey21

I remember this being asked before but my search didn't turn up my questions, so please forgive me for asking these questions.

I am E+ and will be sharing a cabin with an individual that has select status and is not my spouse. Neither of us will have a drink package. I know I will be receiving elite+ coupons in the cabin but my companion will not. I am not sure what will happen with regard to the elite social hour. Will my companion be allowed into the social hour and receive free drinks with me?

Also, since I as e+ will be receiving free coffees etc. at Café al Baccio will my companion receive this benefit as well?

Great question about the coffees. I roomed with a new cruiser when I was Elite. Their room card had Elite printed on it. They were invited to all elite events, but did not receive a coupon sheet. Hopefully an Elite+ who has done this will post.

Just off the Reflection last week and I am elite, but my roommate is select. My roomy did receive elite coupons (by mistake), but they are useless because the computer knows who is who. I went and talked to the Captains Club hostess and she put a sticker on my roomy's seapass card so she could attend the events with me, but confirmed she would not be able to use elite coupons. Wasn't an issue as she didn't need any coupons, but if she did I would have had her exchange for the correct ones.

Just off the Reflection last week and I am elite, but my roommate is select. My roomy did receive elite coupons (by mistake), but they are useless because the computer knows who is who. I went and talked to the Captains Club hostess and she put a sticker on my roomy's seapass card so she could attend the events with me, but confirmed she would not be able to use elite coupons......

It looks like either the procedure has recently changed, or else different Captain's Club hostesses may handle it differently.

Our experience previously was that the Captain's Club hostess gave the roommate a special card to use for admission to the events.

(That was in addition to the person's seapass card, which remained unchanged.)

Just off the Reflection last week and I am elite, but my roommate is select. My roomy did receive elite coupons (by mistake), but they are useless because the computer knows who is who. I went and talked to the Captains Club hostess and she put a sticker on my roomy's seapass card so she could attend the events with me, but confirmed she would not be able to use elite coupons. Wasn't an issue as she didn't need any coupons, but if she did I would have had her exchange for the correct ones.

We did Silhouette Xmas 2015. I asked about the card because we did cruise a year earlier and had 2 rooms...booked rooms wife/daugter and me/son so we would all get elite access. That cruise the non elites got an additional card to get access.

This cruise said didn't need, non-elite, if attending without me, could just tell door attendant she was with elite and that would work (there weren't many elites on board).

The gelato coupon would be the exception to the "they know who is using the coupon" advice...

Great question about the coffees. I roomed with a new cruiser when I was Elite. Their room card had Elite printed on it. They were invited to all elite events, but did not receive a coupon sheet. Hopefully an Elite+ who has done this will post.

The non-Elite can get a card from Guest Relations which gives them companion access for the Elite events. However, that's where it ends. No Elite+ benefits at Cafe al Bacio for the roommate. I have been on both sides of this, as an Elite traveling with a Elite+ friend and I paid for all my coffees. Next cruise, when I was Elite +, I traveled with another friend who was Elite. My latte was free; she got a bill for hers.

The non-Elite can get a card from Guest Relations which gives them companion access for the Elite events. However, that's where it ends. No Elite+ benefits at Cafe al Bacio for the roommate. I have been on both sides of this, as an Elite traveling with a Elite+ friend and I paid for all my coffees. Next cruise, when I was Elite +, I traveled with another friend who was Elite. My latte was free; she got a bill for hers.

Thank you for this info!

• 2 months later...

We will have our adult daughters cruising with us in an adjoining room. My husband and I are elite plus, the girls are not. Do we need to officially have me in one room with one daughter and my husband in the other with the second daughter in order for them to go to cocktail hour and breakfast with us?

We will have our adult daughters cruising with us in an adjoining room. My husband and I are elite plus, the girls are not. Do we need to officially have me in one room with one daughter and my husband in the other with the second daughter in order for them to go to cocktail hour and breakfast with us?

Yes

FWIW

During our most recent cruise on the Constellation somehow my Elite status was not printed on my seapass. My wife's card had it but not mine even though we are both founding members with the exact same cruise history.

Only one set of elite coupons etc. were in the stateroom and no vouchers for the elite cocktail hour. A visit to customer service desk had it corrected and a sticker was placed on my card and all other stuff like coupons and vouchers were also provided.

bosco

Yes, you will need to adjust your reservation now so all occupants receive the elite+ or elite occupant notation on their cards. Once onboard and after you confirm that all 4 passcards show elite+/elite you can rearrange who is in each cabin through Guest Relations. Only the elite + passengers will receive coupons and access to free coffees.

• 9 months later...

This thread is about one year old, so I'm checking to see if things are the same or changed.

A friend who is Elite+ is sharing a stateroom with a non-Elite. I realize the Non-Elite will have access to Elite events, but will his card say "Elite" on it or will he have to be always accompanied by the Elite+ passenger in order to gain access? I can envision a scenario where the non-Elite may show up at the 5-7pm Social Hour 30 minutes before his Elite+ roommate does. Will the non-Elite be allowed access?

This thread is about one year old, so I'm checking to see if things are the same or changed.

A friend who is Elite+ is sharing a stateroom with a non-Elite. I realize the Non-Elite will have access to Elite events, but will his card say "Elite" on it or will he have to be always accompanied by the Elite+ passenger in order to gain access? I can envision a scenario where the non-Elite may show up at the 5-7pm Social Hour 30 minutes before his Elite+ roommate does. Will the non-Elite be allowed access?

As noted previously, the Elite+ member can request a special card from the Captain's Club host/ess for the non-Elite roommate to use.

The roommate can use it to gain admission to the Captain's Club Elite events even if unaccompanied by your friend.

They were still doing it this way on our most recent Celebrity cruises.

Possibly on some cruises they may use a sticker instead of giving out a second card, which another poster mentioned, but either way should be fine.

As noted previously, the Elite+ member can request a special card from the Captain's Club host/ess for the non-Elite roommate to use.

The roommate can use it to gain admission to the Captain's Club Elite events even if unaccompanied by your friend.

They were still doing it this way on our most recent Celebrity cruises.

Possibly on some cruises they may use a sticker instead of giving out a second card, which another poster mentioned, but either way should be fine.

And on some cruises you just walk in with the non elite person. We did this on the Summit in June, no card or sticker necessary. My son who was Select just came in with me.