Wine Packages

NaughtyNanna

I'm so sorry this happened to you, Cruiser Bruiser. When I mistakenly ordered a bottle of wine that was not in my package, the Wine Steward corrected me and steered me towards the wine that WAS in my package. He said, "You've already paid for these, so you should drink them. The cruise is almost over."

I became ill on a past cruise(just a cold) and we didn't drink all the wine in our package. The last day we went to the dining room and asked the wine steward to bring out the remaining bottles...we told him which ones we wanted...and we took them home

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm so sorry this happened to you, Cruiser Bruiser. When I mistakenly ordered a bottle of wine that was not in my package, the Wine Steward corrected me and steered me towards the wine that WAS in my package. He said, "You've already paid for these, so you should drink them. The cruise is almost over."

Well that sounds very helpful! As I say, the whole experience was just a mystery. Thanks for the kind words.

I became ill on a past cruise(just a cold) and we didn't drink all the wine in our package. The last day we went to the dining room and asked the wine steward to bring out the remaining bottles...we told him which ones we wanted...and we took them home

I was so surprised by the bill and the Front Desk's reaction that I didn't even think to ask for the the third bottle of wine in the package so that I could take it off the ship. That was my biggest mistake. I'm glad you were thinking clearly!

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser

So, if one buys the 5 bottle package can they just bring them all to their cabin.

Then just bring one to the MDR or PG as they please. Seems more self determined that way.

Not intending to do so, but just asking.

You can, and we do - but it's not required. Your wine steward can keep and store your bottles for you as well.

So, if one buys the 5 bottle package can they just bring them all to their cabin.

Then just bring one to the MDR or PG as they please. Seems more self determined that way.

Not intending to do so, but just asking.

You can, and we do - but it's not required. Your wine steward can keep and store your bottles for you as well.

Exactly, And if you want to have them in your room, you can order your bottles of choice for delivery to your room - no problem at all

That seems like the better way to go. This way you can have a glass anytime you want rather than wait for dinner or lunch in the dining room. Can you bring your bottle with you for meals and then carry it back? Or is that tacky do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That seems like the better way to go. This way you can have a glass anytime you want rather than wait for dinner or lunch in the dining room. Can you bring your bottle with you for meals and then carry it back? Or is that tacky do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen lots of people bring a bottle or take it with them. Your bottle usage is not limited to the MDR on the ship, by the way although it may take time to retrieve it ;)

It is good to know that you can take some of your wine package bottles to your cabin. I have never found this necessary though, as we generally do 14 day or less cruises and thus the 2 bottles we bring onboard plus the one I generally get as a "gift". Is more than enough for us.

Remember, if you receive a bottle of HAL's champagne (which I really do not like) as a gift, you can normally exchange it for a bottle of HAL's house wine.

Remember, if you receive a bottle of HAL's champagne (which I really do not like) as a gift, you can normally exchange it for a bottle of HAL's house wine.

Or, if you prefer, you can also turn it in as a down payment on a more expensive bottle, and just pay the difference.

I think of it as an upgrade. :D

[quote name='Sailingpeace']Thanks RuthC , good to know. Who do you ask for the [I]wine upgrade[/I]?
cheers ![/QUOTE]
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I've always exchanged the bottle with the wine steward at the dinner table. Hand in the bottle, order what I want instead, and pay the difference.
Easy.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='RuthC'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Or, if you prefer, you can also turn it in as a down payment on a more expensive bottle, and just pay the difference.
I think of it as an upgrade. :D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]
I pride myself on my knowledge of the ins and outs of the shipboard alcohol policies, but I never knew that you could do this. That's for expanding my knowledge Ruth! :)

[quote name='DaveOKC']Remember, if you receive a bottle of HAL's champagne (which I really do not like) as a gift, you can normally exchange it for a bottle of HAL's house wine.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='RuthC'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Or, if you prefer, you can also turn it in as a down payment on a more expensive bottle, and just pay the difference.
I think of it as an upgrade. :D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Maybe, and then again maybe not. It depends on the ship and the person you are dealing with. Last week on the Zuiderdam, a friend of ours asked the concierge in the Neptune Lounge to exchange his sparkling wine and was refused.

[quote name='taxmantoo']Maybe, and then again maybe not. It depends on the ship and the person you are dealing with. Last week on the Zuiderdam, a friend of ours asked the concierge in the Neptune Lounge to exchange his sparkling wine and was refused.[/QUOTE]

You are correct - it does vary by ship and person. A year ago on the Zuiderdam I was able to exchange in the Neptune Lounge. Once on another ship was I denied, but then I was able to get sodas instead. Edited by DaveOKC