Pinnacle Functions Ending

DP

I'm on Rhapsody in March going around South America and on to Europe with 2 friends that are Pinnacle also. I'm curious what (if any) events will take place since probably a majority of the passengers will be from South America.

I am currently on the Allure and have been informed by the Hotel Director that fleetwide there will no longer be functions for just Pinnacle Members that Senior Officers attended.

Has anyone else heard this?

So why don't you just save the drama and give us the facts and tell us what functions you are talking about. Oh, it is CC;)

Last week on Freedom they served hors d'oeuvres at the Top Tier event delivered by bar staff.

On our b2b2b on Jewel the end of Dec beginning of Jan there was nothing at all 3 events. On our b2b on Serenade in October there was also nothing served. Another example of Royally Consistently Inconsistent.

Edited by cruisenfever

We did a cruise on the Oasis the end of November. Can't remember the exact number (maybe 9?) of Pinnacles and we had lunch with the captain in Giovanni's. Drove up to Port Canaveral for the following week's cruise on the Freedom and Pinnacles were invited to have lunch with the captain on that one as well.

I guess those were Pinnacle only functions. Both of them were fun but it's not going to affect me one way or another if Royal decides to do away with them. Like others on this thread said, a lot of these activities are at the discretion of the ship/captain.

Tim

When we did our b2b2b on Allure last January, Captain Johnny and the HD, on the first cruise, took the PC Members (of which there were 8, if I remember correctly) to lunch at The Chef's Table. The second week they took the PC Members to Giovanni's for lunch. The third week, we went to lunch at Rita's Cantina with 3 different officers.

Same thing was offered to us 13 months ago on Allure. The first week, the Captain hosted a luncheon at Chef's Table, and the second week, at Giovanni's. :)

Anything is possible. Texted close friends who are Pinnacle and on Freedom as we speak, they actually saw this mornings post regarding this subject and they are saying not on Freedom anyway. They have heard zero regarding this and will get back to me this afternoon. (They have the Captains cell number!) Must be nice!:),,,,K.O.

I'm glad to see this about Freedom, as that is the next ship we are due to sail on.

You are correct. The size of the ship, duration of the cruise, number of pinnacles on board and other factors are contributing factors. I don't think any of us pinnacles posting here are advocating that ever ship do exactly the same thing but we would like to see some minimum requirements. Some ship's roll out the red carpet while other to do little or nothing. Some ships, such as the current situation on the Liberty, are considered pinnacle unfriendly and from what I understand Miami has gotten an earful about that.

The gold card was, according to Richard Fain, intended to give pinnacles essentially the same benefits as suite guests. Some ships extend all gold card benefits such invitation to the suite luncheon and free pressing while others do not. Miami needs to provide some minimum guide lines

Thank you for your well-said comments.

Well said. :)

We've experienced exactly what you described. One example is last year on Radiance. They did not offer a Gold Card area for breakfast and/or lunch. That's something we've enjoyed on other ships and I know many Suite guests have come to expect. We'll be on Rhapsody in February and I'm curious what they do.

I agree, and this is a good example of why there should be a minimum standard. Leaving a gold card breakfast, which is quite a nice perk, to the discretion of the hotel director or dining room manager just contributes to this inconsistency.

We are just off Oasis yesterday. There was a Pinnacle event each week, either a cocktail party in Vintages (with apps), or a luncheon in Giovanni's. Pinnacles were also included in the Suite party each week.

I've never really gotten the appeal of meeting the officers. I don't get on a plane and say "Oh boy! I hope I can meet the co-pilot!":confused:

When I am six miles above the earth I don't need the pilots chatting with me or anyone else. However, I would really enjoy talking with a pilot over dinner. I spend a fare abount of time flying planes on my computer flight simulator.

I have always enjoyed chatting with the ships' physicians. It could be a position I'd be interested in trying for awhile after I retire from the real world. I do, however, wonder if the officers get tired of having to perform some of these social functions which I am sure is a requirement of their position as opposed to something that they choose to do. Their being required to perform a social activity might make me a bit uncomfortable.

Edited by Ocean Boy

We returned from Allure last Sunday after doing a B2B and can confirm that there was no Specific Pinnacle Event and we had 2 different HDs, there were 17 Pinnacles the 1st week and 23 the 2nd, seems they stopped Pinnacle only events a short while ago. From what we heard it depends on the HD and is at his discretion.

You are correct. The size of the ship, duration of the cruise, number of pinnacles on board and other factors are contributing factors. I don't think any of us pinnacles posting here are advocating that ever ship do exactly the same thing but we would like to see some minimum requirements. Some ship's roll out the red carpet while other to do little or nothing. Some ships, such as the current situation on the Liberty, are considered pinnacle unfriendly and from what I understand Miami has gotten an earful about that.

The gold card was, according to Richard Fain, intended to give pinnacles essentially the same benefits as suite guests. Some ships extend all gold card benefits such invitation to the suite luncheon and free pressing while others do not. Miami needs to provide some minimum guide lines

I'm really not sure if Liberty is actually "pinnacle unfriendly" or just plain unfriendly. We were on the Liberty before dry dock. We were DPs in a high level suite and felt the service, events, etc. were lacking and just not up to par with the other ships we have traveled on. We are on Liberty next week and shall see if anything has changed.

I'm really not sure if Liberty is actually "pinnacle unfriendly" or just plain unfriendly. We were on the Liberty before dry dock. We were DPs in a high level suite and felt the service, events, etc. were lacking and just not up to par with the other ships we have traveled on. We are on Liberty next week and shall see if anything has changed.

You may be right. I based my remarks on comments that I had heard from other pinnacles. Sure hope you have a much better experience next week.

Please come back and let us know about the changes. Hopefully the changes will also be in attitude in addition to physical.

Having a Captain's Table, either with the Captain, Staff Captain, Hotel Director, etc., is at the sole discretion of that officer.

One Hotel Director (John Denton) loves doing this and hosting other special events. Some captains and other officers find this to be a burden. It all depends on the personalities of the individuals.

One of the best Captain's tables we have attended was with John! WOW....

I must say we really enjoy the ability to enjoy a meal, drink or conversation with officers.

Please come back and let us know about the changes. Hopefully the changes will also be in attitude in addition to physical.

Will do. Randy just found this on the RCCL website when he was looking at the new deck plans-

Diamond Club

Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Club Crown & Anchor® Society members enjoy access to this lounge, created to serve these loyal guests with concierge access, complimentary continental breakfast, and evening drinks.

Suite Lounge

Guests staying in Grand Suite-level rooms and higher enjoy access to this lounge serving complimentary continental breakfast and evening drinks.

That's not what Carlos was telling us in November. Surely that's a misprint?

When I am six miles above the earth I don't need the pilots chatting with me or anyone else. However, I would really enjoy talking with a pilot over dinner. I spend a fare abount of time flying planes on my computer flight simulator.

I have always enjoyed chatting with the ships' physicians. It could be a position I'd be interested in trying for awhile after I retire from the real world. I do, however, wonder if the officers get tired of having to perform some of these social functions which I am sure is a requirement of their position as opposed to something that they choose to do. Their being required to perform a social activity might make me a bit uncomfortable.

Funny how it's more dangerous 1/4 mile up

Will do. Randy just found this on the RCCL website when he was looking at the new deck plans-

Diamond Club

Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Club Crown & Anchor® Society members enjoy access to this lounge, created to serve these loyal guests with concierge access, complimentary continental breakfast, and evening drinks.

Suite Lounge

Guests staying in Grand Suite-level rooms and higher enjoy access to this lounge serving complimentary continental breakfast and evening drinks.

That's not what Carlos was telling us in November. Surely that's a misprint?

ImageUploadedByForums1454285289.260748.jpg.16b96fccc7ed44eb963885adf5d6cb4f.jpgAfter the announcement about the new Royal Suites perks, Pinnacles were sent this as part of an email. Pinnacles, as Gold Card holders should have access to the Suite Lounges, as they do now on Oasis and Allure. Diamond Club is open to Diamonds and up. If this is not the case on Liberty, there will be an uproar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lol I feel the same way. Not something that excites me either.

We feel this way, too. We've had dinner at the Captain's table twice, and with the Hotel Director once. We turn down the invitations now.

One Captain (to remain anonymous) talked during drinks and dinner for FOUR HOURS STRAIGHT. I thought we would never get away!