Pinnacle Functions Ending

DP

Totally agree with you. When we attend the "top tier" events and the officers are lining up as we enter I just nod my head and say hello because of all the germs from shaking all the hands. We go to the events for the appetizers, free drinks and stay a little while to hear if there is anything new, i.e. ships or itineraries, etc.

Have fun cruising!

Appetizers have been eliminated from the Top Tier Event. They only walk around with trays of drinks.

Dinner with the Captain, Hotel Director, etc. is actually quite an enjoyable evening. Special invitation, special menu, choice of adult beverages, keepsake photo's of the table and dinnermates, very ecletic tablemates and often diverse conversation. Always a nice perk....:)

The OP referred to "functions for just Pinnacle Members that Senior Officers attended". I'm not sure that what they are referring to are specifically dinners, but I could be wrong.

Totally agree with you. When we attend the "top tier" events and the officers are lining up as we enter I just nod my head and say hello because of all the germs from shaking all the hands. We go to the events for the appetizers, free drinks and stay a little while to hear if there is anything new, i.e. ships or itineraries, etc.

Have fun cruising!

These Events are not really the same as Meeting the officers in a smaller Group and get to interact with them in a more personal way.

The OP referred to "functions for just Pinnacle Members that Senior Officers attended". I'm not sure that what they are referring to are specifically dinners, but I could be wrong.

When we did our b2b2b on Allure last January, Captain Johnny and the HD, on the first cruise, took the PC Members (of which there were 8, if I remember correctly) to lunch at The Chef's Table. The second week they took the PC Members to Giovanni's for lunch. The third week, we went to lunch at Rita's Cantina with 3 different officers.

I've never really gotten the appeal of meeting the officers. I don't get on a plane and say "Oh boy! I hope I can meet the co-pilot!":confused:

I think that most people who cruise once a year or every other year would agree with you. Most pinnacle club members cruise many times a year and tend to interact with the ship's staff.

Dinner with the Captain, Hotel Director, etc. is actually quite an enjoyable evening. Special invitation, special menu, choice of adult beverages, keepsake photo's of the table and dinnermates, very ecletic tablemates and often diverse conversation. Always a nice perk....:)

I've been invited twice and politely declined. I want to spend my dinner with my travel companions.

When we did our b2b2b on Allure last January, Captain Johnny and the HD, on the first cruise, took the PC Members (of which there were 8, if I remember correctly) to lunch at The Chef's Table. The second week they took the PC Members to Giovanni's for lunch. The third week, we went to lunch at Rita's Cantina with 3 different officers.

Is this what is always done for pinnacle members?

I think that most people who cruise once a year or every other year would agree with you. Most pinnacle club members cruise many times a year and tend to interact with the ship's staff.

I guess if you like that sort of thing. As "lowly" diamond members, the only person I want to share my meals with is my wonderful DH. With our crazy work schedules, we don't get to spend enough time together so when we cruise, we want to spend as many hours together. Of course we are nice to people we meet, but we want only to do things (eat, beach, shows, etc.) with each other. We don't care who the captain is as long as he gets us to the ports safely.

It is not a Pinnacle Benefit. It is something that may be done on one ship, but not on all ships. One thing that we have learned is that Royal Caribbean is Consistently Inconsistent.:(

I totally agree!!! A couple ships do have nice things for Pinnacles where other ships (LB) did not include Pinnacles in any of the Gold Card Holder functions.

Is this what is always done for pinnacle members?

Allure was the first ship where we were invited to a special lunch for PC Members. On other ships, PC Members have always been included in the Meal with an Officer. This could be lunch or breakfast. On our most recent b2b2b cruises on Jewel, the Meal with an Officer was breakfast at 8AM. :eek:

When we did our b2b on Liberty last June, we were included in all the Gold Card Functions.

Things must have changed when Liberty moved to Galveston in November. I did a B2B (my first time on LB) and the Pinnacles were not included. I especially missed the Suites Luncheon which has been so nice on Serenade and Navigator. Different HD?? The HD got off when I did and I heard that the vacation replacement did a nice job of "correcting" things. When the ship comes out of dry dock and the regular HD is back, I hope the Pinnacles are included. I'm sailing on LB again in March.

The Vision had a cocktail party for the 39 PCs last night at 4:30pm in the Viking Crown Lounge. All the senior officers showed up. In the five previous 9/10 day cruises, the Captain hosted the PCs in his cabin/quarters, except for when he had 46 PCs onboard and then it was held in the Izumi upper lounge. Capt Michael says he plans to keep this tradition going, at least as long as the Vision is in Florida.

I don't think shoreside will dictate what the Captains & HDs can do in this regard, so Allure's decision was probably made by the senior officers. From friends of ours recently on the Allure, she (the ship) does not get many PC's sailing on her and that may play into the decision.

Then perhaps, while you may be a "cruise lover" you are not a "ship lover", as I am, and as are many others.

In my opinion, I can be a cruise lover and a ship lover without being a crew or officer lover.

That's just me though.

Perhaps, but I recently heard the same thing from another pinnacle member who was also on the Allure..
Anything is possible. Texted close friends who are Pinnacle and on Freedom as we speak, they actually saw this mornings post regarding this subject and they are saying not on Freedom anyway. They have heard zero regarding this and will get back to me this afternoon. (They have the Captains cell number!) Must be nice!:),,,,K.O.

Have fun cruising!

You are talking about something has has nothing to do with the other, have you ever been invited to the Captains table for dinner?:rolleyes:

It is not a Pinnacle Benefit. It is something that may be done on one ship, but not on all ships. One thing that we have learned is that Royal Caribbean is Consistently Inconsistent.:(

I see that complaint from time to time on these boards, but I, personally, think consistency is overrated. Especially in the case of this topic, I don't know why you would expect every ship and every crew to do the same thing. But maybe consistency is what turns some people on.

I see that complaint from time to time on these boards, but I, personally, think consistency is overrated. Especially in the case of this topic, I don't know why you would expect every ship and every crew to do the same thing. But maybe consistency is what turns some people on.

You are correct. The size of the ship, duration of the cruise, number of pinnacles on board and other factors are contributing factors. I don't think any of us pinnacles posting here are advocating that ever ship do exactly the same thing but we would like to see some minimum requirements. Some ship's roll out the red carpet while other to do little or nothing. Some ships, such as the current situation on the Liberty, are considered pinnacle unfriendly and from what I understand Miami has gotten an earful about that.

The gold card was, according to Richard Fain, intended to give pinnacles essentially the same benefits as suite guests. Some ships extend all gold card benefits such invitation to the suite luncheon and free pressing while others do not. Miami needs to provide some minimum guide lines

You are correct. The size of the ship, duration of the cruise, number of pinnacles on board and other factors are contributing factors. I don't think any of us pinnacles posting here are advocating that ever ship do exactly the same thing but we would like to see some minimum requirements. Some ship's roll out the red carpet while other to do little or nothing. Some ships, such as the current situation on the Liberty, are considered pinnacle unfriendly and from what I understand Miami has gotten an earful about that.

The gold card was, according to Richard Fain, intended to give pinnacles essentially the same benefits as suite guests. Some ships extend all gold card benefits such invitation to the suite luncheon and free pressing while others do not. Miami needs to provide some minimum guide lines

Well said. :)

We've experienced exactly what you described. One example is last year on Radiance. They did not offer a Gold Card area for breakfast and/or lunch. That's something we've enjoyed on other ships and I know many Suite guests have come to expect. We'll be on Rhapsody in February and I'm curious what they do.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Don Pedro, glad to hear Miami got an earful about Liberty being Pinnacle unfriendly. Maybe that will change after dry dock. We are all spoiled from having NV in Galveston for two years! We have several friends who will be on LB's "maiden" voyage after dry dock. I am eager to hear how that cruise goes.

Thank You Pete. Very well said.