Pinnacle Functions Ending

DP

Well said. :)

We've experienced exactly what you described. One example is last year on Radiance. They did not offer a Gold Card area for breakfast and/or lunch. That's something we've enjoyed on other ships and I know many Suite guests have come to expect. We'll be on Rhapsody in February and I'm curious what they do.

The last time we sailed on Rhapsody (2014), there was no Gold Card breakfast. Hope that's changed but the time you board.:)

[ATTACH]375084[/ATTACH]After the announcement about the new Royal Suites perks, Pinnacles were sent this as part of an email. Pinnacles, as Gold Card holders should have access to the Suite Lounges, as they do now on Oasis and Allure. Diamond Club is open to Diamonds and up. If this is not the case on Liberty, there will be an uproar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Remember that Liberty is not participating in the new suite program though.

Remember that Liberty is not participating in the new suite program though.

That's correct, but the important part is that nothing is changing. Also said fleetwide, no changes. But, Liberty will have a Suite Lounge.

Edited by ARCruisinNana

[ATTACH]375084[/ATTACH]After the announcement about the new Royal Suites perks, Pinnacles were sent this as part of an email. Pinnacles, as Gold Card holders should have access to the Suite Lounges, as they do now on Oasis and Allure. Diamond Club is open to Diamonds and up. If this is not the case on Liberty, there will be an uproar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, it sure wouldn't put Liberty in the running for ship of the year, lol. I miss the Navigator.

Not sure why the negative posts from some about Captains table or the benifits given to Pinnacle cruisers. We all have the choice to sail in a Suite now to get top benifits. Pinnacles have sailed on many cruises, might have been an inside or the Royal Suite, who knows. What is important you can book a suite and basically have same perks, except for possible friendship of staff,that takes time

and repeat sailing.

My understanding is Liberty will have Suite Lounge and the CL lounge has changed to card room. I will find out on Feb 7, was in hopes I we old still have CL perks but if not heck I am on vacation with no cedar trees around.

Well, if your going to have a wish list please add a hotel director cut from the cloth of Robert Taggart.
Promised to get back to you, didn't forget. So as of the evening of your response the captain on Freedom states that each ship still does and will do it's own thing so to speak regarding Pinnacle functions. Nothing from corporate stating what the original OP says per the captain. Honestly anything the Officers do on their ship for Pinnacles that is above and beyond to me is a nice gesture and an added perk. Some ships do this or that others do something different, it's all good in my book one way or the other....K.O.:)

Promised to get back to you, didn't forget. So as of the evening of your response the captain on Freedom states that each ship still does and will do it's own thing so to speak regarding Pinnacle functions. Nothing from corporate stating what the original OP says per the captain. Honestly anything the Officers do on their ship for Pinnacles that is above and beyond to me is a nice gesture and an added perk. Some ships do this or that others do something different, it's all good in my book one way or the other....K.O.:)

What the Captain did not tell you is that there are some ships that don't even know that PC Members exist and therefore do nothing special for them.

Thanks. I have absolutely no doubt that your report of the comments made by the Freedom's Captain are 100% accurate. I also believe that the Allure's Hotel Director made the remarks attributed to him.

I think most pinnacles sincerely appreciate anything that the ship's staff does for them. Nevertheless, many are a bit frustrated by the major inconsistencies and would welcome some minimum standards. Perhaps you are not aware of it, but quite a while after the pinnacle level was established Richard Fain sweetened the pot by giving them a gold seapass card along with the promise of the same perks as the suite guests. Unfortunately that doesn't always happen.

It is very common to see threads devoted to the likes and dislikes of the various cruise directors. A few cruisers even plan their cruise in order to sail, or not to sail, with a particular cruise director. There is another thread devoted to the current Captains. There isn't however a thread about the hotel directors. The HD typically sets the agenda for suite guests and pinnacles. I for one relish the opportunity to sail with John Ray, Gary Davis, Robert Taggart and few other amazing hotel directors.

I for one relish the opportunity to sail with John Ray, Gary Davis, Robert Taggart and few other amazing hotel directors.

We like John very much. Any idea what ship he's on now? I believe he finished getting the Sydney office in shape and went back out to sea.

We like John very much. Any idea what ship he's on now? I believe he finished getting the Sydney office in shape and went back out to sea.

Peggy, I have no idea. Too bad that we don't have a thread on hotel directors. I sure don't have the skills to set up a spread sheet for it.

Edited by Don Pedro

Peggy, I have no idea. Too bad that we don't have a thread on hotel directors. I sure don't have the skills to set up a spread sheet for it.

I found a reference to him as Hotel Director on the Grandeur out of Balimore 2 years ago. He could be on any ship by now.

What the Captain did not tell you is that there are some ships that don't even know that PC Members exist and therefore do nothing special for them.
OK guys thats strange because the Concierge always has a list of D+ and Pinnacles available to him on every cruise that I have sailed on?:confused:

OK guys thats strange because the Concierge always has a list of D+ and Pinnacles available to him on every cruise that I have sailed on?:confused:

The Concierge always knows about Pinnacle members, but there may be some others that are not up to speed.

Edited by clarea

Thanks. I have absolutely no doubt that your report of the comments made by the Freedom's Captain are 100% accurate. I also believe that the Allure's Hotel Director made the remarks attributed to him.

I think most pinnacles sincerely appreciate anything that the ship's staff does for them. Nevertheless, many are a bit frustrated by the major inconsistencies and would welcome some minimum standards. Perhaps you are not aware of it, but quite a while after the pinnacle level was established Richard Fain sweetened the pot by giving them a gold seapass card along with the promise of the same perks as the suite guests. Unfortunately that doesn't always happen.

It is very common to see threads devoted to the likes and dislikes of the various cruise directors. A few cruisers even plan their cruise in order to sail, or not to sail, with a particular cruise director. There is another thread devoted to the current Captains. There isn't however a thread about the hotel directors. The HD typically sets the agenda for suite guests and pinnacles. I for one relish the opportunity to sail with John Ray, Gary Davis, Robert Taggart and few other amazing hotel directors.

The HD usually does the little extra's for D+ and Pinnacle, is it consistent fleetwide, no, is it nice when it happens, yes!...K.O.:)

The Concierge always knows about Pinnacle members, but there may be some others that are not up to speed.
That's what I thought. And I know I'm not losing my mind yet. I knew the list was shown to me by the Concierge on Grandeur, Serenade,Quantum, and Freedom last year.....K.O.:)

True! On a recent cruise the new pinnacle club members received a brief recognition but a man who had just achieved double pinnacle (1400 points) was ignored. He emailed Miami and rather quickly the ship's hierarchy were falling over themselves trying to correct the snub.

The Concierge has a list of names which, by the way, is really not for public view. This list only indicates to him/her how many bodies may be in his/her lounge for that sailing.

True! On a recent cruise the new pinnacle club members received a brief recognition but a man who had just achieved double pinnacle (1400 points) was ignored. He emailed Miami and rather quickly the ship's hierarchy were falling over themselves trying to correct the snub.

It's not a real level yet.

It's not a real level yet.

1400 credits still a milestone that IMO should have been recognized onboard. I think that the problem was likely a new and poorly-trained LA - once they split the sales and loyalty functions, every person we knew opted for the sales side and LAs were created from various positions - all but one that we've met was from Guest Services. Until our recent cruise on Oasis, Mariya, who was the bartender in the overflow CL on Jewel, was far and away the best LA we'd encountered. But Benjamin (who came from the dining room) is equal to her. The two we've met who came from Guest Services knew the least about the program. I hope that the "trial by fire" period is just about over by now.

On our Oasis sailing last week we were at a C&A event in the Aqua Theater and they introduced the 13 Pinnacles that were on the ship and had them go up on the stage. I'm no where near Pinnacle but I think I would have found that quite uncomfortable. I really don't want any type of public recognition of my C&A level. All I want are my benefits and a key card to the lounge.

Edited by Ocean Boy