Bringing wine aboard at embarkation?

Captain Vancouver

Can I bring one bigger bottle 1.75 ml instead of two smaller ones

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No, you may not. It must be 750ml. They will confiscate the bottle if it is any larger than 750ml.

Marie

Just to help the person who asked the question. What embarkation port did Celebrity confiscate your larger bottle of wine?

Has anyone ever had a 1.75ml bottle of wine taken at embarkation on Celebrity?

Just to help the person who asked the question. What embarkation port did Celebrity confiscate your larger bottle of wine?

Has anyone ever had a 1.75ml bottle of wine taken at embarkation on Celebrity?

In December, while in Ft. Lauderdale, security seemed very disappointed that I was not trying to bring on a bottle larger than 750ml. She was all set to confiscate, LOL. I informed her nicely that I was fully aware of the rules. My bottles fit the guidelines.

Marie

A few years ago, last time on Celebrity, we brough back a bottle of wine from a port stop in Europe no problem, it was a very nice local wine.

Anyone know if this is still allowed, don't see anything in Celebrity's website? Nice to be able to try the local wines.

In December, while in Ft. Lauderdale, security seemed very disappointed that I was not trying to bring on a bottle larger than 750ml. She was all set to confiscate, LOL. I informed her nicely that I was fully aware of the rules. My bottles fit the guidelines.

Marie

I am not sure why they would be disappointed. If it would have been a bottle of liquor they would have saved it and given it back to you at the end of the cruise.

I am not sure why they would be disappointed. If it would have been a bottle of liquor they would have saved it and given it back to you at the end of the cruise.

Give someone a bit of authority, you know...it was that type of attitude. Perhaps I read her wrong, but, I don't think so. This was scanner security personnel.

Marie

shertwo, as stated earlier:

Celebrity says:

Q: Can I bring alcoholic beverages on board?

A: No beer or hard liquor may be brought onboard for consumption. If you wish to bring personal wine onboard with you on the day you board your cruise, you may do so, limited to two (2) 750ml bottles per stateroom. When enjoyed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.

That being said, there have been reports on these boards that the policy is not strictly enforced when visiting European ports. YMMV.

Edited by cruisestitch

To be honest if you have the beverage packages and we just got off the constellation save your energy. We had zero issues getting drinks anywhere on the ship whether is be by pool,in MDR,martini bar,sunset bar. More high quality booze than you Would ever want...they have a lot of higher end liquors. Their call whiskey was Crown Royal and vodka was absolute vodka.it went up from there.

Premium coffees are included as well.

I guess if you drink some super duper high end wines and booze they may not have it. They had everything we ever wanted...

To be honest if you have the beverage packages and we just got off the constellation save your energy. We had zero issues getting drinks anywhere on the ship whether is be by pool,in MDR,martini bar,sunset bar. More high quality booze than you Would ever want...they have a lot of higher end liquors. Their call whiskey was Crown Royal and vodka was absolute vodka.it went up from there.

Premium coffees are included as well.

I guess if you drink some super duper high end wines and booze they may not have it. They had everything we ever wanted...

Not everyone has the beverage package, especially on a transatlantic where it's not offered as a perk.

Ugh.

So how many of you bring your own corkscrew and enjoy in your cabin only?

The steward will bring you a corkscrew. glasses and and ice bucket are provided. At times I love to sit on my balcony and have a glass. Also nothing to prevent you from pouring it in your cabin and drinking it elsewhere.

The steward will bring you a corkscrew. glasses and and ice bucket are provided. At times I love to sit on my balcony and have a glass. Also nothing to prevent you from pouring it in your cabin and drinking it elsewhere.

Nice to know they'll bring you a corkscrew. We are planning to bring on our allotted 2 bottles per person - and we have 8 adults total - though only 4 drink wine. With 3 aft balconies to choose from, we are planning to kick back and relax with our wine. Yes - we all have the classic beverage package and a couple of us will be upgrading to premium, but we will not want to have to go up a couple of decks to get a glass, bring it back to the cabin, drink and repeat while we are hanging out enjoying ourselves.

Ugh.

So how many of you bring your own corkscrew and enjoy in your cabin only?

A corkscrew is part of my regular travel kit...don't leave home without it. There are, however, several airports where security will take them away, even though they have been legal for years. So, a CHEAP corkscrew until we are all done with that.

Do you people realize that cruise lines patrol these forums? Talking about smuggling booze on a boat is like going to the police and turning yourself in for speeding. Stupid:confused::confused:

How are they going to know you're from Canada or what your real name is, Corey? :eek:

Celebrity isn't as paranoid about booze as Carnival is. The people who catch the smuggling are the people working the check in terminal. They don't read CC. Some are over jealous and some aren't. Depends upon the port.

Can someone clarify for me the rules on bringing wine aboard at embarkation. Are my wife and I permitted 2 bottles of wine?

Guests wishing to bring personal wine onboard with them at the beginning of the cruise may do so, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00.

I'm glad Celebrity doesn't read the boards about alcohol smuggling:eek::D

Guests should be made aware that any bottles that are taken through security are subject to being searched. Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol, with the exception of the 2 bottles of wine per stateroom.

Guests wishing to bring personal wine onboard with them at the beginning of the cruise may do so, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00.

Corkage fee!???! Are you still in the 90's? Your primary brand and company owner, ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES LINES (RCCL) does not charge a corkage for wine brought on board by passengers (2 per stateroom) when dining in a Specialty or MDR.

Celebrity really needs to be on the same page. When most people have either a classic or premium beverage page, tis only seems to be a tactic to nickel & dime your guests. RE-THINK this charge. It is not doing you any good. :mad:

Each company has its own management and policies. What is done on Royal Caribbean doesn't necessarily find its way to Celebrity, and vice versa.

And corkage did not go out in the 90's. Many restaurants still charge corkage when diners bring their own wine.

Guests should be made aware that any bottles that are taken through security are subject to being searched. Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol, with the exception of the 2 bottles of wine per stateroom.

Thank you for cutting / pasting the official position from the X web site.

We've picked up some plastic corkscrews from hotels and dollar stores just for traveling. We had to wait sometimes up to 2 days for our room steward to locate a corkscrew.:eek: After a couple of those experiences, we don't wait any more.

Edited by eandj