Aft Aqua Infinity-has it changed since Terrace installed above

Chooz2Cruz

I have been booked on the Infinity for October, 2016 since Dec. 2014. I have been in those cabins before and loved the quiet. Has that changed since the Terrace has been put upstairs from them? How bad is it? Has anyone been in the aft Aqua on Infinity since the change. I am so sad to hear of the change! Those are the only Aqua with bigger balcony, but now it may have a real down side! Thanks for any input!

I am also interested in finding this out. Wondering about the noise from above and also the traffic and noise from the new stairs when you are in cabin 1130 and 1133 which would be right next to the stairs. Wondering how much people can look in when using those stairs.

Laura

We just sailed Celebrity Infinity on a 14 day Jan 3 South America cruise in 1140. I suspect weather conditions on a given cruise would affect the activity on The Terrace on deck 12. Here were our observations:

Good

Loved the huge balcony and the view! A nice spot to enjoy a balcony breakfast on a warm sea day!!!

Nice and quiet unless the big screen was in play and we wanted to sit on our balcony (see "bad" below).

Cabin attendant, Somchai, and his assistants, were was wonderful!

Convenient for drinks or snacks from the buffet or buffet bar!

Heard minimal foot traffic or chair scooting from above.

Minimal noise from the outdoor dining area below. On a couple of occasions, a guitar/soloist played at the time we were getting ready for dinner. We left our balcony door open to enjoy the music.

Bad

Loud movies and football games. Luckily on our mostly cool weather or windy cruise, there were not a lot of things happening on deck 12, so this problem was infrequent. When the weather was nice and we weren't sailing, the movies or football games they played on the big screen were so loud that we really couldn't enjoy our balcony. If I wanted to listed to them at such a high volume, I would go up there to watch! It was so much louder than it needed to be. However, once our door was closed we heard nothing. I don't think I would book this cabin for a warm weather cruise if you plan to use your balcony on a port day.

The Terrace wasn't used during sailing. It was just too windy on our cruise. I don't know if they would under different circumstances.

Not a big deal, but some might not like the fact that the aft flagpole (and flag when in port) is right in the middle of your aft view. This wasn't a problem for us.

Of course, we're all different. We love our balcony time for the peace and quiet and watching the sea, not to listen to sunday football or the latest movie.

Hope this helps!

Tammy

We were in 1130 on the recent South America cruise. The new staircase to the roof terrace impacts on the previously clear views to the left from the balcony. People descending the stairs were practically stepping onto our balcony. We could clearly hear the movies when in port, and often they were in conflict with performers at the bar below. However, this was often a colder, windy cruise, so it wasn't too bad most of the time, and was fine with the doors closed. I would hesitate to book a warm weather cruise in these rooms now, which is a pity. Although the rooftop terrace is a good use of the space, we would probably not book on the aft Aqua cabins again. :(

When do they show the movies? How late into the night?

You're right hcat, what will they do to ruin things next.

On our cruise, it was maybe 3 times - a sunday of football and a couple of movies. The football was on embarkation day when we overnighted in the port. That seemed to go on all afternoon!

The movies, as a I recall, were shown late afternoon (2 or 3) and again at 7 or 8 pm. The late afternoon one was playing when we got back on the ship after our excursion. The later one was when we were at the martini bar or at dinner.

So, for us, as annoying as it was, it was only a few times. I guess the cold and rain was good for something! :)

Just great, headed to the Carib in 1138. Honestly, I think the camel's back just might be broken for us after this cruise.

Hope you are not overly impacted.or maybe not too late to switch to another AQ cabin..alot of them are not great but there are some quiet ones...

on Connie we had a mid ships AQ on the hump. From the minute we boarded, it was really awful...loud music from deck above , heavy base reverb and thumping from dancing...zumba. We acted quickly and moved before dinner to a cabin more forward (right side) a bit back from the bridge . Turned out to be a quiet spot, great location and we were happy we moved!

Hope this works out for you.

I love watching the wake, so we always go aft, and now we love Blu, so we pick AQ aft on 11.

Between them taking away the water, the loud music, the movies...I just don't know. I read complaints before every cruise and go dreading it and it's always fine.

Maybe this will be the same, maybe not.

But if Celebrity has truly changed materially then it will be our last.

We have 28 days in Asia on the Millennium booked for 2017 in 1140. The jury is still out whether we cancel or not. We do use our balcony for quiet reading..or at least we did in 1138 on the infinity. Will be watching reviews closely.

If they wanted a movie theater, why did they get rid of the movie theater??? Especially this one where no one will go during inclement weather, and where it does impact the stay of those within hearing distance (all of us in the AQ afts).

I just am at a loss as to what they are thinking - they seem to be just flailing around making decisions that anger more people than they help. Well, most of their recent decisions are clearly just impacting the AQ guests, but why? Why would we want to pay more and more for less and less? It's just perplexing.

If they wanted a movie theater, why did they get rid of the movie theater??? Especially this one where no one will go during inclement weather, and where it does impact the stay of those within hearing distance (all of us in the AQ afts).

I just am at a loss as to what they are thinking - they seem to be just flailing around making decisions that anger more people than they help. Well, most of their recent decisions are clearly just impacting the AQ guests, but why? Why would we want to pay more and more for less and less? It's just perplexing.

I couldn't have said it better...we used to enjoy the mini movie theater ....,great films and popcorn too...guess they couldn't sell drinks and food there,

they seem to copycat from other cruise lines without giving it much serious thought..

That stairway looks hideous...

Warmwinds it used to be pleasant on warm cruises to sit on the aft balcony with a drink in the early evening and listen to the performers in the bar below, as they were generally the duo, or a guitar player. Combined with the low key chatter and laughter from the bar, and lovely wake view, it made a very pleasant atmosphere. Add in a loud movie soundtrack/sports commentary- not so much. But it may not be as bad as you think. The terrace furniture was not even put out for most of our trip due to the conditions. The staircase was the worst thing, but obviously this was necessary to allow access to the bar.BTW I think it should be possible for Celebrity to add a stairlift to the original stairs to the terrace to be used by wheelchair users and people wth limited mobility.

At least the staircase means people won't be cutting past the cabins on Deck 11 to get up there (we'd use the *formerly* just one story staircase to get from the bar/buffet up to our cabin all the time, and I did feel bad for the cabins on the far ends even with that one slamming door.

Edited by warmwinds

We have #1138 booked on Millie for Alaska in May - we too booked long ago before there was the terrace. Being that it is Alaska and will be cold - I'm not going to get too cranked up fretting about what might or might not be a problem. I think we will do a lot of balcony viewing while we are under way but not really expecting to just sit out on the balcony, especially in port.

Truthfully I love the idea of the terrace. I love movies and think in nice weather that I would love to go up and watch what might be on.

I will come back after May and report back our experience and I'm hoping that others will do so also.

Just great, headed to the Carib in 1138. Honestly, I think the camel's back just might be broken for us after this cruise.

I completely agree! We have been in 1141 and 1138 in the past, and loved it. Booked 1138 for this cruise Dec, 2014, for October 2016, and now I may have an expensive AQ cabin that will not be able to stand if it is noisy. I LIVE on the balcony!

Are the new stairs new for the Terrace, or are the stairs referred to the Stairs when Solsticized?

I completely agree! We have been in 1141 and 1138 in the past, and loved it. Booked 1138 for this cruise Dec, 2014, for October 2016, and now I may have an expensive AQ cabin that will not be able to stand if it is noisy. I LIVE on the balcony!

Are the new stairs new for the Terrace, or are the stairs referred to the Stairs when Solsticized?

Check out the review in post 4, it may make you feel better about the noise. Also there is a pic of the new stairs between deck 11 and 12. It's an extension of the previously added stairs.

Luckily on our mostly cool weather or windy cruise, there were not a lot of things happening on deck 12, so this problem was infrequent. When the weather was nice and we weren't sailing, the movies or football games they played on the big screen were so loud that we really couldn't enjoy our balcony. If I wanted to listed to them at such a high volume, I would go up there to watch! It was so much louder than it needed to be. However, once our door was closed we heard nothing. I don't think I would book this cabin for a warm weather cruise if you plan to use your balcony on a port day.

The Terrace wasn't used during sailing. It was just too windy on our cruise. I don't know if they would under different circumstances.

Not a big deal, but some might not like the fact that the aft flagpole (and flag when in port) is right in the middle of your aft view. This wasn't a problem for us.

Let me get this straight. You have to be lucky to have bad weather in order to use your balcony and not be disrupted by loud noise. Between this and the water situation they are really killing the Spa experience.

In all my time on Cruise Critic I have never read the sentence, "Luckily the weather was mostly cool and windy". If that doesn't say something about the direction Aqua class and Celebrity is headed I don't know what does.

Edited by Iamcruzin