New Promotion for next 5 days

roxievegas

just got off the phone with my travel agent and took advantage of the new promotion that showed up on the celebrity website. I booked in september and paid in full this past monday. The promotion is offering additional OBC. I have a veranda cabin, so I got the extra $100, kept my classic drink package and the free gratuities. I also got a refund of $40 on the cost because my cabin price had gone down. It took two phone calls to celebrity by my travel agency to get this straight. They first changed me to $400 OBC and I told her that was too much, did they take away one of the other perks and it turns out that they did, so it was confusing.

We think Celebrity is now using complex promotions as a way to muddy the waters (guess that is sea water) so customers no longer have a clue as to whether they are getting a good deal. Our solution, which we have used for over twenty years with many cruise lines, is to simply cost out our cruises on a cost per passenger day. And this is how we do this. Take the total cruise price (including taxes and port charges) and divide by the number of cruise days (and number of passengers) to get the "unadjusted cost per passenger day." At this point you need to adjust this figure for any promotions or amenities. But do not do this based on the cruise line's so-called "value" but rather use your own value based on actual experience. For example, Celebrity would price a Classic Drink package at over $50 per passenger day....but DW and I use $30 day for comparison purposes. Prepaid gratuities are a set number (for every cruise line) as are on board credits. It takes me less then a minute to come up with the adjusted cost per passenger day which we often compare to deals with other cruise lines and cruises.

Hank

I saw that this morning and called my TA immediately. They called Celebrity and Celebrity said they had to send it to revenue to change. I don't understand that. Was the Celebrity agent able to add the extra OBC on the spot?

according to travel agent, she had it in writing that i was getting it, but celebrity is having computer problems and it might take two to three days to get me a new invoice showing the lower price and the additional OBC. The refund on the price of my cabin will be put back on my credit card. She told me to check with them on Saturday to see if was completed, but should be done by Monday.

according to travel agent, she had it in writing that i was getting it, but celebrity is having computer problems and it might take two to three days to get me a new invoice showing the lower price and the additional OBC. The refund on the price of my cabin will be put back on my credit card. She told me to check with them on Saturday to see if was completed, but should be done by Monday.

I am glad that it was just me. I feel better now. Thanks.

Aha, computer glitch ... explains why when I did a dummy booking for our Connie Med cruise it referred to a deal for the Bahamas!

Computer glitch....say it isn't so! ;) My Caribbean sailing showed Bermuda.

just got off the phone with my travel agent and took advantage of the new promotion that showed up on the celebrity website. I booked in september and paid in full this past monday. The promotion is offering additional OBC. I have a veranda cabin, so I got the extra $100, kept my classic drink package and the free gratuities. I also got a refund of $40 on the cost because my cabin price had gone down. It took two phone calls to celebrity by my travel agency to get this straight. They first changed me to $400 OBC and I told her that was too much, did they take away one of the other perks and it turns out that they did, so it was confusing.

Which promotion are you referring to?

this morning it is not showing, but yesterday it was on the main page. It said for five days only get additional OBC. You get $100 for Veranda, and upto $400 for suite.

Here's the kicker, we already paid the final payment, so if you want to get the promotion for something that you already booked, the price of your originally booked cabin must be the same or lower or you won't get the deal, because they go by the price of what is available now. I originally paid $2199 for a Veranda category 2C. got upgraded for that price to 2B. Currently the price for 2C is $40 less, so I was able to get $40 refund and get the additional $100 in OBC and keep my drink and gratuities. If the price had gone up, they would have wanted to recharge the cabin and give the $100 and that may not be worth it.

I am doing a B2B2B and the segment that I booked a suite for, there are no more suites availalble so I can not get the additional $400.

If you have already booked, just call your travel agency or Celebrity and ask if you can get it, but first check to see if your pricing on your cabin has gone up or down.

Hope this makes sense

this is on the celebrity web site right now I called my ta yesterday and got an extra 100 dollars plus my cabin was down 80 dollars so happy days

FROM OCEAN VIEW TO AQUACLASS® GET OR BOOK SUITE CLASS AND GET

Up to $200 EXTRA to spend on board

Two FREE perks for a value of up to $2,150*

Savings of up to 40% on your cruise fare

$25 deposits

$300 EXTRA to spend on board

All four perks FREE with a Premium Beverage Package upgrade for a value of up to $3,130*

this is on the celebrity web site right now I called my ta yesterday and got an extra 100 dollars plus my cabin was down 80 dollars so happy days

FROM OCEAN VIEW TO AQUACLASS® GET OR BOOK SUITE CLASS AND GET

Up to $200 EXTRA to spend on board

Two FREE perks for a value of up to $2,150*

$25 deposits

$300 EXTRA to spend on board

All four perks FREE with a Premium Beverage Package upgrade for a value of up to $3,130*

Does this include 2017 sailings?

i don't believe it is for 2017. when i clicked on the promotion yesterday to view every cruise, i only saw 2016. My final payment was due on tuesday of this week, so I am past the part of getting price reductions, but if the price has dropped you can still get some perks and they gave me the extra $100 OBC. I know that it is a pain to watch the pricing and some people just purchase and never look back, but I love a challenge, so I watch the prices. When I booked in Sept for the three cruises I was satisfied with the prices, but since then I have upgraded to a suite on one portion and received three price reductions, plus transferred the bookings to a travel agency and received a total of $755 OBC and now additional $100 from celebrity. It pays to watch the prices

just double checked my paperwork and I am getting total $850 from travel agency and $400 from celebrity. This was not part of the original booking, so transferring to travel agency helped and then switching to the suite, which gave us all four perks (did have a price increase, but never had a suite and wanted to try it out) and then this new promotion got us the additional. This is total for three cruises B2B2B

Aha, computer glitch ... explains why when I did a dummy booking for our Connie Med cruise it referred to a deal for the Bahamas!

Computer glitches is done by design ,just to keep people guessing :eek:. A experienced IT person can solve any computer soft ware problem . ;)

this morning it is not showing, but yesterday it was on the main page. It said for five days only get additional OBC. You get $100 for Veranda, and upto $400 for suite.

Here's the kicker, we already paid the final payment, so if you want to get the promotion for something that you already booked, the price of your originally booked cabin must be the same or lower or you won't get the deal, because they go by the price of what is available now. I originally paid $2199 for a Veranda category 2C. got upgraded for that price to 2B. Currently the price for 2C is $40 less, so I was able to get $40 refund and get the additional $100 in OBC and keep my drink and gratuities. If the price had gone up, they would have wanted to recharge the cabin and give the $100 and that may not be worth it.

I am doing a B2B2B and the segment that I booked a suite for, there are no more suites availalble so I can not get the additional $400.

If you have already booked, just call your travel agency or Celebrity and ask if you can get it, but first check to see if your pricing on your cabin has gone up or down.

Hope this makes sense

I just pulled up our veranda cabin and did a dummy booking for November 2016 and it quoted $400.00 additional OBC with two perks with the 5 Day Promotion. Thought $400.00 was a amazing amount until I read above that veranda cabins only get a additional $100.00 OBC above the two perks. $400.00 OBC is for suites but the website as of 15 minutes is still quoting the $400.00 for verandas too. Celebrity's website and promotions really need to be corrected so we don't keep going in circles :eek:

Thanks to the original poster of this thread. I called Celebrity right after reading this and saved several hundred dollars on my June 12, 2016 Summit cruise to Bermuda in an A1 cabin. Happy Cruising! Bob and Linda

I just called for a cruise I have booked for Oct. 2016. I booked on January 18. The Captain's Club Rep had no idea what I was talking about, lol. He put me on hold, came back and said it would need to be refared at current price(which is higher) if he were to add this special. Has this been anyone's experience? If not, please expound so I may call back and let the Reps know how to accomplish this! Typically, I have very good experiences with CC, and this is the first time I have received a new rep, it seems. Thank you.

Marie

The information given to me is: as long as the price that you originally paid is equal or less, then you can get a reduction and the additional OBC. If the price of your cabin has gone up in price, then they readjust your cost, then give you the OBC - so if the cost of your cabin has gone up $200, and then you get $100 for OBC - it is not worth it. Only works if the cost of the cabins have come down or stayed the same since your orginal booking. In my case the price of the cabin had come down, my two perks stayed in place and I got the additional $100 OBC.

The information given to me is: as long as the price that you originally paid is equal or less, then you can get a reduction and the additional OBC. If the price of your cabin has gone up in price, then they readjust your cost, then give you the OBC - so if the cost of your cabin has gone up $200, and then you get $100 for OBC - it is not worth it. Only works if the cost of the cabins have come down or stayed the same since your orginal booking. In my case the price of the cabin had come down, my two perks stayed in place and I got the additional $100 OBC.

Thank you so much for the clarification. In my case, it only amounts to an extra $50 OBC, and price has increased more than that.

Marie

Thanks so much for posting this. I saw the ad, but figured it didn't apply cause I'd made final payment (but it isn't final payment date yet). I called, hoping to get $100 in OBC Our cabin had gone down in price, qualifying us for the promotion. So, we went from the beverage package to...drum roll... Beverage package, free gratuities, $200 in OBC & (yes and) $1194 returned to our credit card! Major, major score!!! We're always the ones that buy high & sell low [emoji849], so this is truly superb!

just double checked my paperwork and I am getting total $850 from travel agency and $400 from celebrity. This was not part of the original booking, so transferring to travel agency helped and then switching to the suite, which gave us all four perks (did have a price increase, but never had a suite and wanted to try it out) and then this new promotion got us the additional. This is total for three cruises B2B2B

I have never had our TA offer us any extra OBC. The best we get is a bottle of wine or choc. strawberries. Is it typical for TA to get you extra OBC? is this a "mass" TA or full service TA?

I have never had our TA offer us any extra OBC. The best we get is a bottle of wine or choc. strawberries. Is it typical for TA to get you extra OBC? is this a "mass" TA or full service TA?

I can't remember the last time I didn't get extra OBC from my US TA. UK TA? Not a prayer. I'm not clear of the difference between a "full service" TA is versus a "mass" TA. They both take your booking and your money! I'll use the one with the best rates and perks any day!

For anyone interested (and for future reference) here are the terms:

To qualify for the Extra Onboard Credit ("OBC") Offer, the following requirements must be satisfied. Cruise must be booked Feb. 4 – 8, 2016 (the "Offer Period") and must be a 4-night or longer cruise that departs April 2016 – April 2017. Offer excludes Celebrity Xpedition, Transatlantic, Transpacific, repositioning, South America repositioning cruises. OBC is per stateroom and based on category class purchased: $50 inside and ocean view; $100 verandas, Concierge Class and AquaClass; $300 Suites. Promo name is Extra Sale. No promo code required.

Guests receive $25 per person Reduced Deposit Offer on individual bookings made more than 70 days from departure date. Reduced deposit excludes bookings on suites, Celebrity Xpedition, group bookings and Celebrity Explorations. To redeem using celebrity.com, proceed to the Payment page and select "Other" in the deposit field and enter 50% off the deposit amount. Celebrity's cancellation policy applies, including but not limited to full cancellation penalty amounts.

Each of the first two guests in a qualifying ocean view, veranda, Concierge Class, or AquaClass stateroom is eligible to receive two complimentary amenities: a Classic Beverage Package, Unlimited Internet package, $150 per person onboard credit ("OBC"), or Prepaid Gratuities. All guests in the same stateroom must select the same options and provide Celebrity with the selected options at the time of booking. Promo codes are not required. Each of the first two guests in a qualifying suite booking is eligible to receive four amenities (beverage package is upgraded to a Premium Beverage Package). Offer excludes Celebrity Xpedition, transatlantic, transpacific, and repositioning cruises. A cruise that meets these criteria is an "Offer Cruise." Offer is capacity controlled, availability varies by sailing, and eligible staterooms may sell out.

Offer also provides each third and higher occupancy guest who is booked in a triple or higher occupancy Qualifying Booking stateroom with one 40-minute Internet Package and one Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package. Internet usage terms apply. Terms of Celebrity's Alcohol Policy apply, including a minimum drinking age, which varies by itinerary. Each guest must provide date of birth at the time of booking.

Prepaid Gratuities option provides for prepaid stateroom, waiter, assistant waiter, and headwaiter gratuities in the amount suggested by Celebrity's guidelines. Gratuities will be applied to reservation within 10 days of booking date.

Guests with Internet Packages will receive instructions for Internet access in their staterooms on the first day of the cruise.

OBC option: Guests' stateroom folios will be credited with an OBC. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise.

Offer applies to new individual bookings and to staterooms in non-contracted group bookings, which must be named and deposited during the Offer Period. All offers are non-transferable and applicable only to the Offer Cruise. Offer does not apply to interior staterooms, is not combinable with any other offer, promotion or discounted rate, including, but not limited to, Book & Go, Exciting Deals, Celebrity's ChoiceAir®, Interline, Senior, resident rates, net rates, travel agent, and employee rates. No refunds or credits for unused options. Offer and prices are subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled, and not applicable to charters or contracted groups. Single occupancy bookings eligible for Offer.

Refer to celebritycruises.com and the Cruise Ticket Contract for additional terms and conditions. Celebrity reserves the right to cancel the Offer at any time, correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice.