Promenade Cabins

Wyuna1

Would appreciate any feedback on promenade cabins, are they noisy, is there any location better than others are they better than a normal interior? Any information would be gratefully appreciated. Considering for a South Pacific cruise on Voyager

Some like them because they feel less claustrophobic than an inside, and are usually not priced as high as an oceanview. You can also watch the parades from the room. I don't like the layout or the privacy issues, and would take an inside before a promenade. If you can swing it, go for an oceanview, for the natural light.

We were in a family promenade in December on deck 7 and it was fine. Good location, nice views of the action and people watching along the promenade. I think deck 7 is the best if you're considering one of these cabins. Deck 6 is too low and deck 8 is too high. Just my opinion though. :)

Would appreciate any feedback on promenade cabins, are they noisy, is there any location better than others are they better than a normal interior? Any information would be gratefully appreciated. Considering for a South Pacific cruise on Voyager

If you have budget concerns, perhaps a balcony guarantee might work for you- Even and outside guarantee.

Enjoy your cruise.

I had the highest level (for noise concerns). Didn't find it to be an issue, at all. You may have the same experience even on lower decks.

HOWEVER, be sure to keep your curtains closed! You can plainly see into the rooms across from you and vice versa.

Nice experience, but I personally wouldn't book another.

I just came home from having a promenade on Adventure of the Seas (7257.) It was fine. The window is covered with both sheers for daytime privacy and heavier drapes for nighttime. Noise was noticeable when they had parades or the disco party in the evening, but I didn't find it bothersome. They also cut those noisy activities off at 11PM promptly.

As a solo cruiser, I chose this to be nearby the rest of my group without going to the expense of a balcony. I was also concerned about how I'd deal with feeling fully closed-in with a regular inside cabin. It was a good setup for me and I've booked the exact same cabin for next year as well.

We've never cruised in anything but an ocean balcony room but always thought it would be interesting to try one. Found a 5 night promenade room on Independence next fall cheap so we're going to give it a try for something different. All our other bookings are balcony's and I suspect this will be a one time thing in a promenade, but we figured something less than 7 nights will be a good time to give it a try:) We're on deck 7 in about the center of the Royal Promenade. Some people complain about noise and others say it's no problem. We don't turn in early so not worried about it.

We loved our promenade cabin. We chose a cabin opposite the cafe so that we could watch the comings and goings - people walking off with plates of cookies, couples having a few words, it was just great for people watching. We didn't have any noise or privacy issues.

we were in a Promenade on our last Explorer cruise to New England and Canada.. We also did a lot of people watching. We didn't notice any excessive noise and always closed the drapes if we needed privacy.

We missed mornings on the balcony having coffee. So, would probably not book a promenade again. It was worth a try once, no real complaints and it was so much cheaper than a balcony.

I have done promenade twice and loved it - a great way to get a cheaper cabin but have a window. i liked it more than an outside cabin, but if you can get a balcony guarantee at the same or better price that is also great (which I have next cruise). I was level 7 over the customer service area - this is definitely a very quiet end as none of the entertainment comes back that far. it was also disappointing that I couldn't see the entertainment as well as those further along, but it was great to see when customer service was busy or quiet.

personally I would book this cabin again but would try for one closer to the cafe/pub end of the strip

We did one on Liberty a while back (4 day) and thought it was great for the price - much preferred having some type of view available with a morning coffee or evening nightcap and easy to pull the curtains when we didn't want people to see us hanging upside down and swinging on the sprinklers.

Independence has some great rates for an upcoming 4 day sailing the end of March that my wife and I were going to book a balcony and recognized we could take our 4 & 5 y.o. granddaughters (best behaved and most fun kids on the planet) in connecting deck 7 promenades for the same price. Good total space, two bathrooms, kids get their own beds - seemed to us to be an amazing score.

Even more beneficial in my mind is if the 4 of us had stayed in a single interior - the savings would have been but pennies.

Now for a 7 day or longer cruise . . .

I would recommend that if you're a light sleeper, avoid getting a PR that is near an all-night eatery (Cafe Promenade or Sorrentos).

I pretty much always close down the nightclub on any ship I'm on, and in my experience, drunks like to snack before going to bed, and drunks tend to not realize just how loudly they are talking / singing / whatevering.

(For the record, I don't drink -- I get the soda package and Diet Coke is all I drink for the entire cruise. However, I like to have a sammich before bed, since I'm going to sleep through breakfast in a few hours!;))

We've stayed in PR rooms four times now. I like the extra space afforded by the bay window. The light in from the promenade helps with the utter darkness you usually get with an interior room. There are double curtains on the window so you can close the sheer set to get privacy but still allow light in. We had one on an 8 NT itinerary and had no issues with it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

We had two connecting promenade cabins on Explorer last year. Previously we had only had balcony cabins and I was worried about feeling claustrophobic. This was unfounded, we found them to be bigger and lighter than we expected. The sofa in the window is a lovely touch and great for people watching.

We were on deck 7 mid ship above the shops. I would stay in one again if it was a choice of cruise or no cruise BUT there was vibration and creaking, we think may be due to the structure.

Also the music on the Royal Prom was not turned off at night so as a light sleeper I was woken a few times by the music. I didn't feel like it was bad enough to complain but it was frustrating. I thought may be I was just super sensitive to the noise as we live very rural. However I read another review when we came home were a lady stated they complained to guest relations about the noise and where moved to balcony cabins!!

We actually prefer the PR cabins too!;) We've stayed on all 3 decks, 6, 7 and 8, and liked them all! Deck 8 is high but the window is bowed outwards, allowing one to see down a lot easier. Deck 6 is really close to the Promenade but have had no issues with noise. We enjoy staying in the cabins directly across from the pubs, as we usually make that our meeting place with friends and can tell if they are there or not. We also snagged the "cow butt sweet" (above Ben & Jerry's behind the cows) for this October on our B2B for Halloween!:cool: It comes with the perks of access to the CL and free ice cream, so we are really looking forward to that!!:p

We enjoy staying in the cabins directly across from the pubs, as we usually make that our meeting place with friends and can tell if they are there or not.

Not sure placing the pub there was a good idea - no wonder the guitarist stops playing early. :)

Great post. We'll be in a Promenade with our kids on Allure so good to read about other similar rooms.

P.S. - On Allure the Promenade room is a touch bigger than other non-suite rooms.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Edited by LuCruise

Love PR. Booked one for our upcoming cruise leaving this week and was kind of disappointed to find we had been upgraded to OV. Deck 8 on Voyager class had no problems with noise and the extra room was a bonus.

Love PR. Booked one for our upcoming cruise leaving this week and was kind of disappointed to find we had been upgraded to OV. Deck 8 on Voyager class had no problems with noise and the extra room was a bonus.

Can you say no to the upgrade if you prefer? I didn't know you are forced to accept an upgrade?

Can you say no to the upgrade if you prefer? I didn't know you are forced to accept an upgrade?

Depends on how you have your upgrade preferences set. Some set their preference to "automatic", so they get no call. You can opt to have you preference set such that they call you before the upgrade. Call C&A to do this

Edited by clarea