Anthem keeps docking us around

shaun07

Must be a quiet day at the firehouse!!:D

Any quiet day at a firehouse is a GOOD Day. No medical emergencies, no traffic accidents where the jaws of life are used and no house fires where someone could lose every thing.

Quiet days are good according to my fire fighter friend. :)

... sigh....

OP - I'm not saying your post is not relevant - it appears to be appropriate, but for the love of Pete, why did you think this needed a new thread, and does not fit into one of the other existing Anthem threads dealing with this very topic?

Another thread:confused:

Don't worry, by 930 pm there will be a whole new set of 1 posters on cc wanting to sue:D

It's been reported that the weather bouys in the ships area reported "gust" to 76 mph. True wind

The wind on the ship is apparent wind

Edited by setsail

I live in SC and the low was suppose to form off the coast as a weak low pressure. This thing came faster and more intense than predicted and the captain and ship had no where to go. Even with the most advance technology weather is still the hardest to predict. :)

Just thankful no one lost their life!

Coastal storms are the hardest to predict, just ask any NYC Meteorologist about Nor'Easters that they do not know until the last minute how these storms will be. Two storms ago the forecast kept on changing up until that day. Last winter NYC was suppose to get the storm of the century, everything closed down and the storm went off path by 50 miles at the most and we did not get the storm as bad predicted but Boston got walloped and they were suppose to get less.

okey doke. I was just relaying what we were told was the reason. More interesting, though, is he came back later and said they made the right decision because that storm was developing as expected.

Ah well. What's done is done and we are all safe and will have a great story. I have been through a number of storms and this was truly awful. There was only a moment or two, though where i was genuinely afraid afraid.

Welcome Back!!! :) :)

okey doke. I was just relaying what we were told was the reason. More interesting, though, is he came back later and said they made the right decision because that storm was developing as expected.

Ah well. What's done is done and we are all safe and will have a great story. I have been through a number of storms and this was truly awful. There was only a moment or two, though where i was genuinely afraid afraid.

K-

I wasn't questioning you. I was questioning what you were told about the Jacksonville storm. Sorry if it seemed like I was taking issue with you. That's not what I meant. I just couldn't figure out why the ship turned back around into the big storm, since there was no big storm forming off the coast of Florida on your way to Port Canaveral.

... sigh....

OP - I'm not saying your post is not relevant - it appears to be appropriate, but for the love of Pete, why did you think this needed a new thread, and does not fit into one of the other existing Anthem threads dealing with this very topic?

Because according to cruise critic rules there is no mention that I have to post it in a thread made just for Anthem. Cruise critics want us to make new threat otherwise that why is the option to create a new threat available?

I can see Anthem way off in the distance, from my balcony at the Jersey Shore. She is right around Belmar right now for those that know the Shore.

Welcome Home Anthem - glad everyone is safe!!!!

Edited by gaylemh

I believe RC is coming in late to avoid the negative Media attention when the reporter's start interviewing the passengers.

Makes perfect sense. Why would you want to get back in time to get the passengers who aren't paying off the ship a day earlier so you can get the ship

ready for revenue generating passengers coming onboard for the next cruise?

If you can just keep the reporters away no one will ever know about this.

Because according to cruise critic rules there is no mention that I have to post it in a thread made just for Anthem. Cruise critics want us to make new threat otherwise that why is the option to create a new threat available?

But you don't have to make another thread when there is already 100+ existing threads about the same subject.

Don't worry, by 930 pm there will be a whole new set of 1 posters on cc wanting to sue:D

It's been reported that the weather bouys in the ships area reported "gust" to 76 mph. True wind

The wind on the ship is apparent wind

I know little of true vs. apparent wind, but from what I can tell apparent wind would be true wind plus ship speed if you were headed straight into the wind.

There were reports of the ship getting 150 mph (apparent) winds. If the ship was doing full speed into the wind, 20-25 mph of that would be from the ships motion, meaning the true wind would have to be at least 125 mph, no?

And from the reports we've been getting the ship wasn't able to make any headway into the wind, so it doesn't seem like the ship's motion could be a significant portion of that apparent 150 mph wind. So the true winds had to be far over 76 mph it seems to me. However, since I admittedly know little of the subject, I'll defer to those with more knowledge.

I believe RC is coming in late to avoid the negative Media attention when the reporter's start interviewing the passengers.

You may have something there. After all, they're coming into the greater NYC area, widely known as the "city that never stays up past 9pm."

Makes perfect sense. Why would you want to get back in time to get the passengers who aren't paying off the ship a day earlier so you can get the ship

ready for revenue generating passengers coming onboard for the next cruise?

If you can just keep the reporters away no one will ever know about this.

TONS of media are already there and have been all day.

For the past couple of days, this story has been all over the news in the NY/NJ market. I have cruised from the Bayonne port before and according to other posters announcing the current position of the ship, am I the only one wondering why it is taking so long to get to Bayonne?

One theory - RCCL does not want the ship to enter the port during daytime hours and have the news media meet the incoming passengers so that it can play on the news from 4:30pm throughout the evening.

Just a thought -

gnomie :)

Hi, do you know about what time she will be passing under the brigde?

or even a ballpark of a time?we will be watching as well

Thank you

Only a guess, but I would say between 17:30 and 18:00. You can follow progress on the little port map below the video stream.

Only a guess, but I would say between 17:30 and 18:00. You can follow progress on the little port map below the video stream.

Supposedly picking up pilot at 18:00, and I don't know the exact regulations for that port, but I would think the pilot would probably come on board before passing under the bridge. (But I admittedly might be wrong about that.)