Empress DryDock

I looking forward to a smaller ship going some shorter cruises to Key West and the overnights in Cozumel. Also i heard some here they are adding Boleros? Is this just the lounge or the restaurant?

Pretty sure Boleros is just a lounge

I looking forward to a smaller ship going some shorter cruises to Key West and the overnights in Cozumel. Also i heard some here they are adding Boleros? Is this just the lounge or the restaurant?

No restaurant on Royal named Boleros.

I found this description on a website that may not be allowed here:

Boleros Lounge (capacity 317 seats) is the RCI’s Latin-themed lounge-bar-nightclub. The lounge has comfortable seating, large dance floor, stage for Latin band music performances (salsa and merengue) in the evenings. The cocktails menu has an extensive list of mojitos, margaritas, premium tequilas and rums. After 10 pm, the Boleros Lounge transforms into a disco nightclub with DJ programming. During the day, here are hosted game shows and popular quiz games.

This RCI deckplan shows its location: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=SH&shipCode=NE&shipProfile=1716&sailDate=1160330&hasNavigation=false

Edited by Scotty G

Just got off of the phone with RCCL and asked if there were any options for eating that were open 24 hours. The lady on the phone told me that the Windjammer was open 24 hours. I didn't think the WJ was open 24 hours :confused: She also told me that the Starbucks was open until 11....so I guess there is going to be a Starbucks on the ship also :) Not sure if that is part of what's being added or if Starbucks was already there.

Just got off of the phone with RCCL and asked if there were any options for eating that were open 24 hours. The lady on the phone told me that the Windjammer was open 24 hours. I didn't think the WJ was open 24 hours :confused: She also told me that the Starbucks was open until 11....so I guess there is going to be a Starbucks on the ship also :) Not sure if that is part of what's being added or if Starbucks was already there.

Believe it when I see it...

Believe it when I see it...

I do not believe a word of that.

The people answering the phone, more often than not, have never set foot on a cruise ship.

They either look at 'generic' information, or just make stuff up.

There is no way (IMnotsoHO) that Empress' WJ is going to be open 24 hours a day. They tried it on Quantum and didn't do it on Anthem because it didn't work, staffing-wise.

Nor do I believe that there will be "A Starbucks". A coffee counter, yes. A coffee counter that has "starbucks products", possibly yes. But "A Starbucks"??? No way again.

The people answering the phone, more often than not, have never set foot on a cruise ship.

There is no way (IMnotsoHO) that Empress' WJ is going to be open 24 hours a day. They tried it on Quantum and didn't do it on Anthem because it didn't work, staffing-wise.

Nor do I believe that there will be "A Starbucks". A coffee counter, yes. A coffee counter that has "starbucks products", possibly yes. But "A Starbucks"??? No way again.

I'm not so sure. I get the impression this is going to be the ultimate party ship, and they will need food and coffee to fuel these party animals.

JMO, YMMV

On Empress of the Seas®, that “you only live once” philosophy means just a few days are packed with moments that count. Seek further, unwind like you mean it, and do it all your own way. With fast and early boarding, dining what you want when you want it, and longer stays in port. Enjoy a sunset on every cruise and decadent Sunday brunch with a complimentary Mimosa or Bloody Mary every day of the week. And the party does not stop onboard. Every night is Saturday, with live music, amazing entertainment, and dancing the night away at Boleros Latin lounge.

Recharge your batteries poolside or dive right in for island vibes at the hottest pool party at sea

Edited by John&LaLa

Definitely agree with you on this! When she told me that WJ was going to open 24 hours, my reply was, "Oh really?" I did end up having to call Royal back because the lady I initally talked to sent me a form to fill out (for something for my daughter) and when I called back, I explained that I was confused and didn't see why I needed the form that was sent to me and the lady (the second time I called) said that I didn't need a form, but just a simple doctors note....So, nothing is consistent from employee to employee as you have stated :)

The YOLO Boat!

Coming in 2016, the live-action update of the classic television show that ran from 1977-87 Saturday nights on ABC.

Set aboard the recently restored (and re-branded back into the Royal Caribbean fold) Empress of the Seas, the ship will be captained by Captain Merrill Stubing III the grandson of TV's Gavin MacLeod who has legally changed his name for the sake of your cruising entertainment!

Ted Lange will aboard the ship as the bar manager, appearing nightly for autographs and photos!

Come for the hijinks! Stay for the 24 hour Windjammer and Starbucks!

I'm certain there was no Starbucks onboard the Pullmantur Empress. All the ship's bars had premium Italian brand Lavazza coffees available complimentary as befits an all-inclusive ship. I'm a three time Pullmantur cruiser but, unfortunately, not on Empress.

Before you know it she will be sailing under the Royal banner and we will all know what they have put on her.

Personally they need to make sure there is some food available 24 hours a day, even if it is a Latte-tudes type cafe area. I am just hoping we can get on a cruise on Empress at the end of August. Impatiently waiting for the release of those cruises.

YOLO BOAT...

Yikes, Im sailing on her in May with my 3 year old and my mother.

Should be interesting. Kids club will either be empty because people onboard dont have or didnt bring kids... OR PACKED because the parents are dropping their kids off to party.

I'm excited no matter which way it goes. Scored a CHEAP JS the day the bookings opened. Im am comfortable in insides and OVs, so Im not worried about the size. Plus- 10 points, wooho :)

YOLO BOAT...

Yikes, Im sailing on her in May with my 3 year old and my mother.

Should be interesting. Kids club will either be empty because people onboard dont have or didnt bring kids... OR PACKED because the parents are dropping their kids off to party.

I'm excited no matter which way it goes. Scored a CHEAP JS the day the bookings opened. Im am comfortable in insides and OVs, so Im not worried about the size. Plus- 10 points, wooho :)

Every day we check to see if the August sail dates are available to see what is what with them. I also don't care where it goes, but would love to land a great deal. Great that you landed a cheap JS. I can hope for that, but if not have our eyes on some particular cabins that appear to be a very nice size.

I'm anxiously awaiting pictures of the Jr Suites and Owner suites.

Im in the center aft Js with the huge balcony in early April and will for sure be posting some pics. I had originally had a port side JS booked, but after doing some research and seeing this cabin open up I HAD to snag it instead. From what I understand my cabin may be a tad smaller than the Side JS rooms, but the balcony will be 3-4 times the size!

• 2 weeks later...
Exactly. I nabbed a kick-a$$ fare during the brief "C&A sale", or whatever it was, and will get to stop in Key West twice in 9 days, once until 8 PM! Solo in a JS. Plenty of room for me. :)

About two wks ago I checked the schedule online and the Key West, Grand Cayman ports were switched, with GC now on Monday and KW on Wednesday. Mind you, this was for the April 16th departure. TODAY, Royal calls me to say the first four cruises have been scrubbed - she's remaining in drydock. I'm now rebooked for June 11th, haven't gotten around to see how they've configured the port stays. I'm on this site to see if they're making additional upgrades or if theyre just behind schedule at the Freeport shipyard. Incidentally, I was on her for four nights from San Juan 15+/- years ago. She's possesses a sorta fetching looking hull, but not even a $35,000,000 refit is gonna remove all of her late eighties designed interior. Finally, she absolutely IS headed to Cuba just as soon as RCI can arrange it.