Cruise Critics 2016 Cruisers' Choice Award

Arizonasunshine

I recieved a e-mail from Cruise Critic with the 2016 Cruisers' Choice Awards and had a hard time finding anyone who thought Azamara was the cruise line to book in 2016. In fact if you look at all the catagories i.e. Best Overall, Best Service etc. there are 12 categories with 10 places per category for a total of 120 opportunities. Azamara did not place 1st in any category and placed only 4 times in all categories, none higher than 5th.What really surprised me is that Azamara did not place either ship in the top ten in Service, Value, or Dining.

I have noticed that their quality in general has gone down, and that up-selling is more prevalent but was surprised

by the low results of the survey.

Edited by Arizonasunshine

I stopped reading when I saw that Pacific Princess was rated for best food. No matter how Azamara standards may or may not have declined, there is no way a Princess ship is better than Azamara. So obviously people are voting who haven't sailed, which makes the listings worthless.

I stopped reading when I saw that Pacific Princess was rated for best food. No matter how Azamara standards may or may not have declined, there is no way a Princess ship is better than Azamara. So obviously people are voting who haven't sailed, which makes the listings worthless.

Agree

Just remember that Azamara has only two ships, so overall has a lot fewer passengers than any other of the well known cruise lines. That means it's likely to have fewer reviews, therefore very unlikely to win any awards on Cruise Critic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Viking Star only has one not very big ship and won a ton.

UK had different winners from the US, but I have to say having cruised on a couple of the "winners" there were some bizarre results.

But I think it's fair to say that in reality it only reflect who voted for their choice of line, we did not vote this year if we had our choice would have been Azamara.

Never take these reader poll results seriously. They are totally unscientific and as a result completely useless. In this case, simply being large results in more votes irrespective of actual quality. That's why McDonalds wins many "best hamburger" polls. Few people who care actually think MD has the best burgers, but so many eat there and mindlessly vote in these polls that the smaller places that actually have a good product but limited clientele get lost in the shuffle. Serious polling organizations such as J D Power have ways to eliminate this sort of bias. But popular publications and websites seldom do. It is one of the dangers of using crowd-sourced data for your own decisions.

It all depends on how you spin it. Skilled people can spin a negative into a positive. Any company lives or dies by their reputation. In terms of cruising there are so many variables or KPIs that a cruise experience is judged on. Each individual has elements within their cruise that needs to be ticked off for it to be successful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just to prove the point: I was able to give Azamara "excellent" ratings in all categories even though I haven't sailed yet. Now you have to live up to that!

That's a bit naughty given they specifically state you have to have sailed with someone/stayed there/ flown with them in the last three years to vote for them. Let's hope there are not too many ineligible votes. We've seen perfectly valid awards contests suspended in this country because of this ( I know one vote won't change things but if it's happening too much everyone might lose out! )

There are two ways we vote for Azamara.

The first by booking a cruise. The second by recommending them to friends.

( they have to be very good friends as Azamara is too good to share with mere acquaintances)

Edited by welshfamily
Error in spelling

( they have to be very good friends as Azamara is too good to share with mere acquaintances)

Great post!

Spot on! For the moment I'm quite happy being part of a relatively well kept secret and enjoying very much being part of it.

Phil