Should I bring Travel Insurance policy with me?

summer slope

Whichever you have, yes! Never leave home without them, just in case. Any need for a claim can be filed after but make sure you keep or get copies of any treatment, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by mllewis48

Getting documents ready for our cruise next month and wonder should I bring our Travel Insurance documents with us?

The more I think about your question and our past experience on a few occasions we have had to use the ships doctor, did not need our policy and on one occasion when we had a death in the family we did not need to show any policy. Of course in all instances we filed claims after but as I mentioned keep or get any documentation for your claim. In the case of the trip interruption we received information from the front desk as to the reason for our interruption.

Never had he need for an evac, and hope we never do, so not aware if you need to show a policy for that situation.

In closing I would again say to take it and make certain you are aware of what it covers and it meets your needs.

Hope you do not need it and Happy Cruising!

I always bring all of my paperwork with me. Insurance, receipts of pre-payment for anything, confirmation for reservations (plane, hotel,car, anything)

I have a nice folder, put everything in the order of use, then either reorder or discard as I go.

Getting documents ready for our cruise next month and wonder should I bring our Travel Insurance documents with us?

Yes, of course. I'm curious why you wouldn't.

You don't need the entire policy unless you want to read it. The important information is the declarations page and the contact information.

You don't need the entire policy unless you want to read it. The important information is the declarations page and the contact information.

Spot on, Cuizer2!!! Have never understood why some folks carry reams of paper with them when the salient/important info is on a couple of sheets ... oh well, to each his/her own ...

No need to carry the policy, because no one will want to see it - except, maybe, you. Do have the contact information, however - for all the ports,stops and countries you will be in. Of course you should make a note of the policy number and (if you can't remember) the coverage amounts.

Spot on, Cuizer2!!! Have never understood why some folks carry reams of paper with them when the salient/important info is on a couple of sheets ... oh well, to each his/her own ...

You don't need to understand. On more than one occasion I've needed to look at sections to see what is covered for my own reasons. If the op doesn't think they'll ever look at it then they shouldn't bring it. I'll never understand why every time I say something it's cause for a put down by some posters. I guess I'm just that interesting.

I carry a copy of the first page or two, depending on the policy, and make note of the contact numbers, policy number, along with the limits. I also usually have an electronic copy of the policy. When faced with air evacuation from Santorini to Athens we needed a credit card for the med evac flight. I collected all receipts and kept them together. The evacuation and hospital bill was paid up front and with the receipts I was able to file the claim once we returned home. As soon as I knew we had a problem, I notified the insurance company. All bills were paid by us, then our insurance company and finally the travel insurance. The only thing the company paid up front was DH's flight home. If you have the info needed to contact the company, then you need a couple of good credit cards. Our travel insurance was secondary to our regular health insurance and I believe this is how most travel insurance policies work.

One recommendation would be to save a all important documents to your preferred cloud service (i.e. Dropbox). This way, you can access your documents from any computer or device in the entire world. If one loses their phone/tablet/computer, having a copy saved to that device is useless.

Last cruise I didn't bring one piece of paper with me. I was able to board every transportation vessel with electronic boarding passes. Not having paper copies may scare the living daylights out of some of you, but it works for me! :D

One recommendation would be to save a all important documents to your preferred cloud service (i.e. Dropbox). This way, you can access your documents from any computer or device in the entire world. If one loses their phone/tablet/computer, having a copy saved to that device is useless.

Last cruise I didn't bring one piece of paper with me. I was able to board every transportation vessel with electronic boarding passes. Not having paper copies may scare the living daylights out of some of you, but it works for me! :D

Just a heads up on that. Some folks have been missing amounts of obc. In order to get it Hal has insisted on having paper to show it. It's been reported that Hal did not accept information that you could see online. That may not bother you but I won't take that chance.

Bring the cover page that contains the phone numbers for emergency contacts (emergency referrals and evac).