Will RCCL bring back the BOGO 50% Off sale?

Good grief I hope not....Lets just have some sensible prices that reflect what we will get for our money.

We all know the BOGOHO is a farce, the base prices are topped up so that a "so called" discount can be applied.

Please Royal, just tell us what you want us to pay, and we will decide if it is worth it. Sure offer options on prices, for example "with or without drink packages" etc, but just keep it simple .....Thanks :D

I booked my honeymoon on the Freedom last year during the BOGO event.

Has there been any chatter of that sale coming back around?

The new promo is 5% better than BOGOHoax. Plus, a WOW sale starts (tomorrow?) that will add OBC and reduced deposit.

In the time I've spent watching prices for a handful of itineraries, this past 30% off was the best I found for next winter. The prices just don't fluctuate much, all things considered. Of course no drink package option this time around, which is a big one for us. We had to go with Celebrity which saved a lot of money and came with $600 OBC in a standard balcony.

I was wondering why someone would be looking for BOGO when the current one is a bit better discount;);)

I don't know either. Also, doesn't the 30% off apply to 3/4 guests too, where the BOGO only had a discount on the second guest?

BOGO, BOGOHO, 30%, it's all irrelevant. Just names for sales on inflated prices. All that matters is the bottom line price regardless what RCCL is calling the latest "sale"....... The never ending "sales" are just name games to make new customers think they are getting a bargain.

Edited by bouhunter

Not necessarily. I just priced my RC Serenade of the Sea cabin originally booked on board Celebrity this past January under BoGo. Now under the 30% off promo, my cabin is $1 more plus the loss of the OBC.

So, it is not always cheaper now.

The new promo is 5% better than BOGOHoax. Plus, a WOW sale starts (tomorrow?) that will add OBC and reduced deposit.

This is correct.

The only way to know if a deal is a deal is to track the price for a particular cabin on a particular cruise for a long time.

BOGO, BOGOHO, 30%, it's all irrelevant. Just names for sales on inflated prices. All that matters is the bottom line price regardless what RCCL is calling the latest "sale"....... The never ending "sales" are just name games to make new customers think they are getting a bargain.

It works out to more like 6-7%, provided of course that the cruise fares don't change, which we all know is not the case. For example, if the full price fare was $2000, under the 50% bogo the total would be $2000+$1000=$3000. Under the 30% for each passenger, the fare is $1400+$1400=$2800. That $200 savings works out to 6.7%.

Not necessarily. I just priced my RC Serenade of the Sea cabin originally booked on board Celebrity this past January under BoGo. Now under the 30% off promo, my cabin is $1 more plus the loss of the OBC.

So, it is not always cheaper now.

I didn't mean to imply anything was cheaper now, because I know how Royal manipulates the underlying prices such that these fake sales are not really cheaper.

However, if the underlying price did not change, the 30/30 sale should be at least 5% less than the BOGO, for two guests in a stateroom.

Edited by clarea

I thought this was CEO Fain's way of keeping us from having a "used car salesman" mentality - NOT!

I thought this was CEO Fain's way of keeping us from having a "used car salesman" mentality - NOT!

:):D

We have 5 cruises booked in the next 11 months. Amazingly ALL of them are pricing higher under the "fantastic new 30% sale!" than what we booked them for. Most by several hundred dollars...........

Edited by bouhunter