Spirit Review - 02/20/16 - 02/27/16

Moby0215

I am currently on the Spirit about to begin our cruise. I will be doing a live review but in the meantime if there are any questions I will try and get you answers.

We actually started our cruise on Wednesday. We flew from Baltimore to Orlando and stayed there for 3 nights. We went to Disney's Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Epcot. We then drove from Orlando to Cape Canaveral in our rental car. I dropped my wife and luggage off of the port around 9:30 am and then retired the car. It was super easy to drop her off and return the car. Checked in around 10:00 and boarded at 11:30. There was a funny thing that happened when they scanned my card to board the ship. My wife's picture was displayed on my account and hers did not display any picture. A quick trip to guest services and that was fixed. Next was dining reservations. I already had 2 reservations for Cagneys but we also wanted 2 reservations for Teppanyaki and they do not do those in advance. So we made those reservations very easily and everyone was very happy to help. Next stop was Henry's Pub for a drink and then Windows for lunch. I got the popcorn shrimp and cheesesteak. Both were very good. The wife got the scallops Gratin which was Superb if you like tons of garlic and butter. She also got the Poached Salmon which she said was very good. Will continue later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Following to read a live review on the Spirit as we will be on her in April. Reading all I can. Hope you have a great time on board. If the menus have changed for the "new" ones could you please let us know. I know they are alacarte now but looking for the ones that are being released. They have crab cakes & lobster bisque on them. Thank you. Enjoy your cruise and thank you for taking the time to post as you go.

My first day continued with a very quick muster drill and then some drinks at Bier Garten. The bar was staffed with 5 and sometimes 6 bartenders. Did not have to wait for a drink at all. Actually they were asking me if I needed a drink before I was even done. At 4:15 was the CAS cocktail party which included some hire derives and drinks. Wine, champagne, rum punch etc. We ate dinner at 6:30 at Cagneys. The wife and I had shrimp cocktail that was delicious. We split a wedge salad. For the main course I had the whole lobster and Cagneys fries and the wife had the New York strip and a baked potato. Everything was outstanding even if they did overcook her steak. We then headed up to Galaxy of the Stars and listened to some music. Then they had sing it if you know it which was very fun and entertaining. They got the whole room involved. And everybody won a free bingo card. We finished the night at Galaxy of the Stars to watch the band VIP and they were pretty good. Tomorrow...Key West.

Thank you so much Moby!

Did you have to pay extra for the lobster, or is cagney's considered a specialty restaurant?

We're you assigned a check-in time at the port? If so did you feel that assisted in quicker embarqation (sp?)

Is they a steam room/sauna? Have you experienced either, or expect to? If so, was it unisex?

Thanks again! We leave March 5 on the SPIRIT.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies to all. I fully expected to continue to write my review while onboard. However my phone and wifi were not cooperating to my satisfaction so I decided it was not worth me paying for the wifi. I will be back on here to continue my review later today.

Is Lesther still in Henry's Pub? I think he's due to leave the ship in a week or two. He is the best and most friendly barman I've met on an NCL ship.

I did not come across a bartender named Lesther.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you so much Moby!

Did you have to pay extra for the lobster, or is cagney's considered a specialty restaurant?

We're you assigned a check-in time at the port? If so did you feel that assisted in quicker embarqation (sp?)

Is they a steam room/sauna? Have you experienced either, or expect to? If so, was it unisex?

Thanks again! We leave March 5 on the SPIRIT.

There is a male only/female only steamroom and suana that is complimentary! :)

There is a male only/female only steamroom and suana that is complimentary! :)

Thank you THANK you! I found the complimentary sauna and steam room for all latitudes members with no charge on the SPIRIT . Also there are six showers to utilize ( if you like a little more room,or if you have more than two on your cabin), blow dryers are hooked up and ready for you, walls and walls of freshly rolled lovely thirsty towels to use during your visit at the sauna / steam room. Lockers are available complimentary, they take your key card, and hold it and give you an old school metal key with a wristlet. Pre or post steam, there is a sitting room (treatment lounge) with fresh orange infused water, and many flavors of hot teas to choose from with lounging chairs with foot rests, as you have peace, silence, and watch the sea sized walked window of the sea.

Edited by loycemike