Celebrity Cruise Cancellation Email

Cruisennerable

I just received an email from Celebrity indicating that they have cancelled my cruise for September. Absolutely no reason given just a generic line "There has been a change to your cruise reservation or guest status"! Wow is this normal? This would have been my 2nd cruise with Celebrity and now I am rethinking ever booking with them again. This was a Mediterranean cruise and flights need to be booked far in advance with a no refund policy or a large cancellation charge. This seems like bad service; especially with NO info.

Very disappointed with Celebrity

I just received an email from Celebrity indicating that they have cancelled my cruise for September. Absolutely no reason given just a generic line "There has been a change to your cruise reservation or guest status"! Wow is this normal? This would have been my 2nd cruise with Celebrity and now I am rethinking ever booking with them again. This was a Mediterranean cruise and flights need to be booked far in advance with a no refund policy or a large cancellation charge. This seems like bad service; especially with NO info.

I would be very mad too. What ship, date and cruise?

Are you sure its not just a port change?

As the line apparently reads "There has been a change in cruise reservation or guest status".... Wondering if something went awry with payments or similar such as maybe being booked under an ineligible offer or travel agent or something along those lines rather than the cruise itself being cancelled (as all evidence currently try shows the cruise still active). It doesn't say the cruise is cancelled, rather that the OP has been cancelled from the cruise for some reason....

OP, do come back and let us know how this turns out. As others have suggested, it could be a port change or something not good has happened to your deposit/reservation. I hope it is just an error or misunderstanding along the way and that you get to go on your cruise. Have you already booked airfare?

I've had a cruise cancelled by mistake, by celebrity through my TA. There have been a few other reports of these mistakes happening here it seems someone cancelled your cruise by mistake (input error). Call Celebrity and / or your TA right away.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Don't get too excited until you have spoken to Celebrity. I received the same type of e-mail from "X" regarding our next three upcoming cruises. After calling Captains Club I was told that the messages meant we had been cleared on our wait list for early seating dining, and X was cancelling our anytime dining status.

Are you on wait list for anything?

I know, I know, X should stop using grade school students to operate their web site, communications department

Hope it was a mistake and gets sorted out,

we received a similar terse e mail from Princess cancelling our Coastal Calif cruise...no real reason..change in deployment,...and it was cancelled & our dep promptly refunded to our card,

Turned out ok b/c Celeb had a similar one and we booked it with lower deposit, more perks etc.