On the Anthem of the Seas right now. Any questions?

lazeyey

Hi everyone. I am going to try to take some time today to answer everyone's questions. I have notes and some answers already and will answer them all depending on the ship's wifi connection. I guess because it's open, it got really busy and wasn't working all night last night.

Sorry for any delays, but know that I didn't forget about your questions.

My husband and I are a bit hungover today, he's really sick so far. Now that Adventure Ocean is open I'm going to try to get my baby in there for awhile today. It's great to finally have that open so I can have some time to myself. She's a great well behaved kid and most people on the ship just love her. She had a group of people watching her during a character visit. It was the cutest thing ever.

I wondered if you could tell me what is on deck 13 between the balcony cabins. I am due to sail with Ovation of the Seas and the plan shows a blank between the outer cabins rather than showing inner cabins. This is my first time with RCL so not sure what the ships are like. Thank you

This are crew only areas.

There are extra HDMI and a USB on my tv. But unless you had a Samsung remote I don't know how you'd change inputs. Also the swing bracket would obstruct insertion of a plug.

Hi, I know someone asked earlier, but it didn't see an answer..

Is there an hdmi port on the tv in the room? If you could take a pic or two that would be great!

We like watching a show before we go to sleep sometimes... [emoji3]

Hi, I know someone asked earlier, but it didn't see an answer..

Is there an hdmi port on the tv in the room? If you could take a pic or two that would be great!

We like watching a show before we go to sleep sometimes... [emoji3]

Hey there,

Sorry it has taken me so long to answer such a simple question lol, but there are no hdmi ports anywhere on the tvs. :(

Sorry if this was asked are they charging for the wow bands now? We will be on the ship the end of march and is it worth it.

thanks,

They are selling them around the ship for $5. I never bought them because I don't like anything on my wrist. I prefer the cards.

Have you tried to tilt the tv outward? Pull on the left top side. There should be connections on the back.

It may not be the left side - mine was the right side! :) It should be the only side that you're able to fit your fingers in - and you have to pull very hard (I was worried mine would fall off the wall but it eventually did pull out!). I didn't look for plugs in the back though so I can't speak to that part!

Hi all. Omg, I was looking forward to answering everyone's questions, then my whole family came down with Noro. My husband has it the worst followed by my 18 month old. I just started coming down with symptoms as of 10 pm last night. The baby has had a high fever since this morning and it scares the hell out of me because she has a history of febrile seizures. Medical was great today until the night shift came on, now it seems like all they care about is the norovirus and not my baby who is at high risk of a seizure. The last time she has a seizure, 5 months ago, she stopped breathing and turned blue. So I'm terrified of the possibilities and have heen worried sick.

This cruise has been my first cruise where I came to CC to share information with you guys and what do I get? Jerks calling me names in pms and in posts, and Internet strangers in general who think all I'm doing is complaining when they aren't even on this cursed ship. They aren't the ones dealing with the rudeass staff on the ship, and they aren't the ones who had their cruise cut short. I don't blame the staff for being *******s on this cruise, I mean they're understaffed. Every time i was in medical, the waiting room was PACKED with sick crew members. Wow, no wonder why we are going home. I don't believe for one second it's because of a storm.

Anyway, I've already taken some notes and have some answers so after some sleep I will answer questions to the best of my ability. And when I get home, I will finish this thread by turning it into a review. But if I keep getting creepy pms, I'll never come back here.

Edited by lazeyey

Hi all. Omg, I was looking forward to answering everyone's questions, then my whole family came down with Noro. My husband has it the worst followed by my 18 month old. I just started coming down with symptoms as of 10 pm last night. The baby has had a high fever since this morning and it scares the hell out of me because she has a history of febrile seizures. Medical was great today until the night shift came on, now it seems like all they care about is the norovirus and not my baby who is at high risk of a seizure. The last time she has a seizure, 5 months ago, she stopped breathing and turned blue. So I'm terrified of the possibilities and have heen worried sick.

This cruise has been my first cruise where I came to CC to share information with you guys and what do I get? Jerks calling me names in pms and in posts, and Internet strangers in general who think all I'm doing is complaining when they aren't even on this cursed ship. They aren't the ones dealing with the rudeass staff on the ship, and they aren't the ones who had their cruise cut short. I don't blame the staff for being *******s on this cruise, I mean they're understaffed. Every time i was in medical, the waiting room was PACKED with sick crew members. Wow, no wonder why we are going home. I don't believe for one second it's because of a storm.

Anyway, I've already taken some notes and have some answers so after some sleep I will answer questions to the best of my ability. And when I get home, I will finish this thread by turning it into a review. But if I keep getting creepy pms, I'll never come back here.

what's "creepy pms"? I don't know what pms has to do with CC.

Hope your daughter is feeling better soon. I hate to see little kids sick.

Edited by gaylemh

You have legit complaints. Not sure why the captain can't steer around the storm like most other do. Just change the itinerary. It's obvious your not the only people with noro. It's on national news about the outbreak. I think they are coming back more because of the outbreak than the weather. They need to empty that ship out and just scrub it down good for a couple days.

But if I keep getting creepy pms, I'll never come back here.

CC does not have the PM feature turned on - you are getting that from somewhere else.

P.S. You might not want to return - you may get flamed for taking a 10 mo old with a known health issue on a sailing like this. My advice, put down your device, don't look at CC, get well and reassess when you get home.:cool:

I'm so sorry that your family is ill....but there is no private messaging on Cruise Critic.

You are correct - but certain mobile forum apps support private messaging within the app. It's not through CC but through the app's own infrastructure.

Hope your family and especially your little one feel well soon! We are sailing this cruise with my parents, 3 siblings, hubby, and 14 month old baby. I'm thankful the baby hasn't gotten sick, though it wouldn't shock me if he did. Seems like a lot of people are coming down with the noro. We've had 2 people out of 8 in our party get it so far. The crew is doing a great job of getting people to wash their hands, but I've seen so much resistance from guests! Arguing with crew members about not wanting to wash their hands. Really? Seems to me you'd want to wash your hands every chance possible!

Hope your family is feeling better soon! I've been ill on cruise ships several times and I know its not fun!

I do have an odd and probably way out of the way, far fetched question. We are looking at booking a cruise aboard the Anthem, and I have my eyes on a specific stateroom, 3250. On the Royal site, it shows NO connecting door, but on pretty much every other travel website it does show a connecting door. I wonder if there's some way to find out since you're onboard the ship. I wouldn't expect you to go knock on their door (although maybe you can call the guests in that cabin, haha! ;)), but maybe there's someone in the stateroom staff or guest services who has a definitive answer.

I'm calling Royal today to see if they can provide a bit more info, but I figured I have little to loose by asking for a bit of help from someone who is currently on the ship.

Once again, hope everyone starts feeling better! :)

Hope your family is feeling better soon! I've been ill on cruise ships several times and I know its not fun!

I do have an odd and probably way out of the way, far fetched question. We are looking at booking a cruise aboard the Anthem, and I have my eyes on a specific stateroom, 3250. On the Royal site, it shows NO connecting door, but on pretty much every other travel website it does show a connecting door. I wonder if there's some way to find out since you're onboard the ship. I wouldn't expect you to go knock on their door (although maybe you can call the guests in that cabin, haha! ;)), but maybe there's someone in the stateroom staff or guest services who has a definitive answer.

I'm calling Royal today to see if they can provide a bit more info, but I figured I have little to loose by asking for a bit of help from someone who is currently on the ship.

Once again, hope everyone starts feeling better! :)

It's funny...RCCL's website shows it is NOT connected, but 3 other websites I checked, says it is. :eek: Weird. Good luck and hope you get a true answer.